Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
David Beckham New Hairstyle - Slicked Back Hair
02-12-2014, 12:10 PM
David Beckham New Hairstyle - Slicked Back Hair
For quite some time now, David Beckham's hairstyle has been the Undercut with slicked back hair. However, he had some time ago decided to grow the sides of his hair so that he no longer had an Undercut and would instead simply sport a slicked back hairstyle, including the sides of the head being slicked too. This is simply a hairstyling upgrade as he probably got tired of his slicked back Undercut and wanted more length on the sides.

The slicking chosen by Beckham is what we in this forum call and coined modern slicking.

With the modern slicking, one slicks his hair back with a good hold pomade but leaves some room for the hair to move and be somewhat loose while also leaving some volume on the top. On the other hand, the "classic slicking" is when the slicking is done tight and flat so that the hair is fixed. Modern slicking is what most men preferred today for their hairstyling while the classic slicking was the most preferred hairstyling option in the middle decades of the 20th century.

David Beckham's new modern slicked back hair pictures
These are very recent pictures from February 2014 so it's a new style of Beckham other than the clipped sides in an Undercut. You can also check out all his past and latest styles and haircuts in our David Beckham's hairstyles and haircuts official thread!

[Image: RPjHC9q.jpg]

[Image: ZgFCCfn.jpg]

[Image: DInNpHe.jpg]

[Image: Qym1Vwq.jpg]

[Image: Ite1xGA.jpg]

[Image: STSo79E.jpg]

[Image: Og7n0xM.jpg]

Products to use

You really only need a good pomade for this style. Avoid greasy or very strong-hold pomades for the modern slicking and instead go for water based pomades that have a good hold but that do not give too much shine or get the hair as if it were gelled. So, out of all pomades available, this hair pomade will work very well and is a great product option for your Beckham-inspired slicked back hair.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2014, 05:06 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2014 05:11 PM by Cursed.)
RE: David Beckham New Hairstyle - Slicked Back Hair
Sunday 9 February there was a fashion show with Victoria Beckham,the whole family went.

Conclusion:
In the pictures David still got his undercut going strong,so unless his hair grows inhumanly fast the above is not correct.

Link with pictures:

Had to separate the link or could not post it...

[Image: david-beckham-with-daughter.jpg?w=373]

Just guessing that the h&m video/pictures was filmed at least some months ago or oven longer.
02-12-2014, 05:26 PM
(02-12-2014 05:06 PM)Cursed Wrote:  Sunday 9 February there was a fashion show with Victoria Beckham,the whole family went.

Conclusion:

In the pictures David still got his undercut going strong,so unless his hair grows inhumanly fast the above is not correct.

Link with pictures:

Had to separate the link or could not post it...

[Image: david-beckham-with-daughter.jpg?w=373]

Just guessing that the h&m video/pictures was filmed at least some months ago or oven longer.

I inserted the picture for you as you don't have enough posts to post pictures yet. Please ask for permission before posting links as you will get a ban if you don't ask for permission with your post count. I am inserting the picture as it is relevant to this thread but read the rules before continuing to post.

Yes, well spotted, I was referring to the fact that Beckham had grown out the Undercut over the last months that he had been keeping for a long time since before the Olympics, then he appeared for this week's H&M commercial without the Undercut (that's where the pictures are from). I was talking with someone who was indirectly involved in the commercial and was confirmed that the photography was actually very recent. I actually think he clipped his hair back to an Undercut after all the commercials as I think this one was the last one for winter (though can't confirm this as I don't keep up with male celebrities as much as Jurgen does).

It was nice to see Becks with a more consolidated slicked back style as it gives him a classier look than the slicked back Undercut IMO We will be posting the actual commercial video very soon so you guys can check out how it looked 3D, but I think the Undercut was growing a bit old on him so it was a welcome hairstyle change! Big Grin

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
02-12-2014, 05:39 PM
To give you guys an idea, this is David Beckham's hair in January:

[Image: fraLW2v.jpg]

[Image: 1OAymoy.jpg]

He also did a cover for Vogue with Victoria for the December-January edition where the sides where even longer:

[Image: Victoria-David-Beckham-for-VOGUE-Paris-J...014-03.jpg]

[Image: Victoria-and-David-Beckham-for-Vogue-Par...2014-2.jpg]

Beckham was basically shooting all the winter commercials and ads (for next season) for his sponsors and other advertising requisites which must have required him to sport longer hair and not an Undercut. He must have been done with the bulk of his advertising in the last couple of days so he clipped back the Undercut.

02-12-2014, 07:10 PM
(02-12-2014 05:39 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  To give you guys an idea, this is David Beckham's hair in January:

[Image: fraLW2v.jpg]

[Image: 1OAymoy.jpg]

He also did a cover for Vogue with Victoria for the December-January edition where the sides where even longer:

[Image: Victoria-David-Beckham-for-VOGUE-Paris-J...014-03.jpg]

[Image: Victoria-and-David-Beckham-for-Vogue-Par...2014-2.jpg]

Beckham was basically shooting all the winter commercials and ads (for next season) for his sponsors and other advertising requisites which must have required him to sport longer hair and not an Undercut. He must have been done with the bulk of his advertising in the last couple of days so he clipped back the Undercut.

Yeah agreed.
I saw the last pics of him a couple of weeks ago & he had the regular haircut like in the first pictures TheMensHairforum posted too but 2 days ago he now got the undercut again?? actually i think his more of a chameleon (sp?? lol) & always fixing his hair... quick buzz here ... grow for a month there. Wasn't it Jurgen who said Beckhams wife is the boss & orders Beckham to do what she says??
Anyway wouldn't be surprised if she was telling the poor dude to be fixing his hair everyday as he was th one to say some years ago that he got bored at fashion shows he had to go because his wife forced him to go & apparently after a couple years been forced to attend fashion shows he now likes it Big Grin
Also I think Beckham grows his hair very fast after seeing quiet a few pictures of him from last 2 years, some guys are just lucky to grow hair so fast like one of our forum members (don't remember his username) who after like 2 weeks he needs to get a new clipper cut lol Beckham has nice hair & all, sure. But imo he is way overrated & I personally think it was his wife who made his husband a brand (she's one smart woman must be said).
02-13-2014, 11:54 AM
Thanks Tmhf.
After my post and to many jaegermeister i let my gf cut my hair in this undercut.
All in all it is pretty decent,just need some more length ;p
02-13-2014, 01:26 PM
(02-13-2014 11:54 AM)Cursed Wrote:  Thanks Tmhf.
After my post and to many jaegermeister i let my gf cut my hair in this undercut.

So you went ahead and had your girlfriend give you an Undercut?

How did she find using a hair clipper to buzz the sides and back? Did she do a good job? Smile

02-13-2014, 03:06 PM
I have just posted the H&M Super Bowl Commercial starring Beckham's hair so you can check out how the slick back holds in 3d. Big Grin

02-13-2014, 03:36 PM
(02-13-2014 01:26 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  

How did she find using a hair clipper to buzz the sides and back? Did she do a good job? Smile

Yea haha,it looks pretty decent and do not think they could do any better at the salon....maybe faster tho.
Took her ages to get the "U" shape right,not to high not to low...,now i just need to grow the top out a bit more,then i will post a pic.
02-13-2014, 04:20 PM
(02-13-2014 03:36 PM)Cursed Wrote:  
(02-13-2014 01:26 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  

Yea haha,it looks pretty decent and do not think they could do any better at the salon....maybe faster tho.
Took her ages to get the "U" shape right,not to high not to low...,now i just need to grow the top out a bit more,then i will post a pic.

Awesome!

We are actually opening very soon a "hair journey" forum section where you can post pictures of your new hair when growing it longer or any new hair cuts and get feedback from the community; you will also be able to post pictures with a low count.

Stay tuned as we want to have this new forum section open this weekend!

04-18-2014, 03:38 PM
The way his hair looks in the first pics from the ad, does the textured strands of hair look like that from the cut, products or hairspray. I have seen my hair look like that before and really liked it, but can't recreate the look when i want.
04-18-2014, 06:16 PM
David has really great hair in my opinion. I would not mind having hair like that.
08-04-2014, 08:54 AM
Impressive hair!
09-11-2014, 01:53 AM
awesome hair!
my goal!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tips for Cameron Dallas hairstyle and haircut with straight hair icey3333331 0 131 11-13-2016 01:49 PM
Last Post: icey3333331
  Hair products for Donald Trump hairstyle and haircut? Curly Dude 1 458 10-09-2016 05:32 PM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
  Josh Earnest Hair Style - US Press Secretary's Hairstyle President Charisma 2 342 10-05-2016 07:46 PM
Last Post: President Charisma
  Leo Messi New Haircut Pictures with Blonde Hairstyle Look! TheMensHairForum 1 8,513 07-27-2016 11:35 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum