Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DIY mens haircuts
07-28-2014, 09:19 AM
DIY mens haircuts
I'm soon going to a college with strict rules, and one is to keep my hair short and neat, it can't touch my ear, my short collar, and can't be higher than 2" in height. Currently my hair is about 8" long, I haven't got it cut since I had a shorter scissored combover in september. Throughout high school, I would only get 1-2 haircuts a year, and I haven't had a buzz cut since I was 10 years old.

I don't feel like paying and going for a haircut every two weeks, so I was planning on doing something DIY. I have hair clippers at home, but no one with experience. Last time I had a buzz cut, I was 10 years old and looked "goofy" with my number 3 butch. Then again, my facial structure likely changed.

For my hair, I have thin blonde hair. I have a larger head with a big forehead and a widows peak.

At first I was thinking of just buzzing it all off with a number 3 butch, because it would be easy, a lot of guys at the school have it, and it would be fun just to hack off all my long hair. But then I had a bit of second thoughts because a lot of people say it probably wouldn't suit me, it's not in style, and it would take awhile to grow back out. Someone suggested that I buzz my whole head with a 6 or 7 guard, then go back with a 2 or 3 on the sides and back. They said it would look better.

Any suggestions, opinions, etc?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2014, 01:31 PM
RE: DIY mens haircuts
Michael, I have enabled your ability to embed pictures, so can you post some pictures of your hair to get a sense of how it looks and is?

You can use sites like imgur.com or photobucket.com to upload your pictures and then embed them.

I am also moving this thread to the hair journeys & advice section.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
07-28-2014, 04:35 PM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2014 04:36 PM by Michael.)
[Image: Kut23Mo.jpg]

[Image: ewrYg1h.jpg]

[Image: JOIPh4X.jpg]

Here's three images. I blocked out a lot of my face because I don't really like my picture online, but I tried to keep as much structure as possible. I'm a bit more pale then in the pics, but the "yellow light" makes me look like I have a bit more color
07-29-2014, 12:28 PM
(07-28-2014 01:31 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Michael, I have enabled your ability to embed pictures, so can you post some pictures of your hair to get a sense of how it looks and is?

You can use sites like imgur.com or photobucket.com to upload your pictures and then embed them.

I am also moving this thread to the hair journeys & advice section.

I'm not sure this category gets a lot of attention...
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------