Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cutting hair for the first time?
04-19-2015, 08:33 AM
Cutting hair for the first time?
So I've still got to think of a career path and one of my options is to open up a barber shop, but it's only an option, anyways I was thinking of seeing how haircutting works by experimenting on my younger bros hair, he's 7 so he doesn't care if I muck it up lol, but any tips/advice on what I can do?

He's also got a funny hairline, it's not straight at all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2015, 01:45 PM
RE: Cutting hair for the first time?
Try to master the taper haircut. This is when you decrease the length of the hair as a gradual decrease. So for example you start with 3 centimetres at the top and you want to get to one centimetre at the hairline. So you need to cut the hair as a gradual decrease. If you master that you will then do great.

Right you can do all kinds of funky tests on your brother's hair. The hairlines of kids are all round and mushed up because their skulls are growing and because the testosterone has yet to kick in. Sometimes some men do keep the same round hairline even tho they have gone thru puberty and they have healthy testosterone levels.

About the barber profession the best thing is to find someone who can be your mentor. Go to a good barber school, get your qualifications and make sure you're trained under the wing of someone who can teach you everything. Don't do half efforts or limit your potential because of money.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Cutting my long hair LongHairSuck 0 143 09-10-2016 06:42 AM
Last Post: LongHairSuck
  Help, how do I make my hair look wet all the time Devin.costa 0 217 07-23-2016 10:00 PM
Last Post: Devin.costa
  cutting your hair for a lady blueshift 0 308 12-22-2015 12:59 AM
Last Post: blueshift
  Growing and growing now need some cutting Jawad21 2 1,744 06-23-2014 03:03 AM
Last Post: Jawad21