Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curly to straight
04-12-2016, 07:15 PM
Curly to straight
I know this topic has been beaten to death but I am another guy looking for more manageable hair. I recently got a corporate job so I'm wearing a suit and need to look professional day in/out. I found a hairstyle that I really like (combover/side part). The only problem is that I use about a pound of pomade each time and even then my hair is still slightly wavy. My hair currently is about 3.5 inches, can't tell in the pics.

My dilemma is that I don't want to spend 10-15 mins flattening my hair every morning, and if I did, I wouldn't be able to moisten my hair for a product without losing straightness. If I style my hair dry, it stands up so a side part wouldn't work lol. A lot of Asian guys have awesome side parts and I love the look but that's because their hair is very straight.

What would be my best bet? Relaxing it? I'm going to buy a texturizer now to try out and see if that'll help make it more manageable but I'm open to solutions. I'll try to add some pics of my hair with pomade in it for reference. My goal is just a very sleek, detailed, side part. Can look wet or dry if you suggest products!

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-12-2016, 07:18 PM
RE: Curly to straight
(04-12-2016 07:15 PM)Wavesbro Wrote:  I know this topic has been beaten to death but I am another guy looking for more manageable hair. I recently got a corporate job so I'm wearing a suit and need to look professional day in/out. I found a hairstyle that I really like (combover/side part). The only problem is that I use about a pound of pomade each time and even then my hair is still slightly wavy. My hair currently is about 3.5 inches, can't tell in the pics.

My dilemma is that I don't want to spend 10-15 mins flattening my hair every morning, and if I did, I wouldn't be able to moisten my hair for a product without losing straightness. If I style my hair dry, it stands up so a side part wouldn't work lol. A lot of Asian guys have awesome side parts and I love the look but that's because their hair is very straight.

What would be my best bet? Relaxing it? I'm going to buy a texturizer now to try out and see if that'll help make it more manageable but I'm open to solutions. I'll try to add some pics of my hair with pomade in it for reference. My goal is just a very sleek, detailed, side part. Can look wet or dry if you suggest products!

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good pomades to tame and straighten my crazy curly hair Salazar Mojo 1 333 10-18-2016 01:44 PM
Last Post: A Tall Guy
  Curly hair blow dry with brush to straighten it, Is it damaged? Ttas664 5 296 10-18-2016 01:17 PM
Last Post: A Tall Guy
  Method to turn Curly hair into Wavy hair for Men - Hair Product Trick Bradley 2 14,225 09-28-2016 01:13 AM
Last Post: PinkChili
  curly super dry bush type unshiny hair shau1203 0 277 08-09-2016 03:30 PM
Last Post: shau1203