Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curly hair blow dry with brush to straighten it, Is it damaged?
09-21-2016, 01:03 PM
Curly hair blow dry with brush to straighten it, Is it damaged?
My hair is super curly and frizzy, when I blow dry it with a heat protectant with a brush to straighten it, it stays straight for about 15 mins then goes back to frizzy and curly is it just because my hair is curly or is it damaged AF? I'm thinking about cutting it all off and restarting, thinking of making it length 3, so super short, will this be beneficial?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-21-2016, 06:51 PM
RE: Curly hair blow dry with brush to straighten it, Is it damaged?
I think you need to ditch the brush!
09-21-2016, 08:37 PM
Damn I wish I could of put a pic of it with out a brush!!!! But this forums doesn't allow it !!! But it's much much worse with out the brush!!
10-18-2016, 08:05 AM
Well a hair dryer and brushes are the number one cause for frizzy-ness. you can try using your fingers to replace your brush or a wide tooth comb. There are also leave in conditioner that say they help on the bottle. it could be damage from your brush as well.
10-18-2016, 08:08 AM
Actually I just re-read your thing and I stand by what I said, you have curly hair? ditch the brush... as in, throw it in the garbage lol
10-18-2016, 01:17 PM
I concur with what has been said about throwing away your hair brush. Curly hair and hair brushes don't mix well. Actually curly hair and hair straightening don't mix either.

I have wavy hair and I used to do this same trick to straighten curly hair with a blow dryer that you're doing. But my hair looked like a mess to be honest. I used a leave in conditioner and my hair would look less curly but not fully straight. Then the next day my hair would look so frizzy that I had to straighten it again or it would look like a mess again. This was a vicious cycle until I got tired of straighten my wavy hair with a brush. I got a buzz cut and that was it.

There are other methods of straightening your hair. I've read many straightening methods in this forum. I think that the method that you're using is the worst that you could choose. I dunno if you have the men's hair book but there's a chapter in the book that talks about the same straightening method that you are doing. It says that brushing curly hair to straighten it will cause irreversible damage to the hair and make it very frizzy. You're doing one good thing though as you're using a heat tamer which I didn't use and which is recommended in the book if you want to use a blow dryer.

Again... Do not use a blowdryer with a hair brush to straighten your curls. You're just damaging your hair and when I read the book I was surprised to find the many wrong things that I've done to my wavy hair over the years.

Search the forum or even go ahead and buy the book for the different straightening methods if you want to straighten your hair properly. I haven't tried the other recommended straightening methods but there's a method to straighten your hair with a keratin product and a flat iron that lasts for six months. Search for the brazilian blowout method in the forum, that's one of the names for this straightening method. Again I haven't used it but it will be so much better for your curly hair than the current straightening method that you're doing with a hair brush and a blow dryer.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good pomades to tame and straighten my crazy curly hair Salazar Mojo 1 325 10-18-2016 01:44 PM
Last Post: A Tall Guy
  Method to turn Curly hair into Wavy hair for Men - Hair Product Trick Bradley 2 14,060 09-28-2016 01:13 AM
Last Post: PinkChili
  curly super dry bush type unshiny hair shau1203 0 272 08-09-2016 03:30 PM
Last Post: shau1203
  What blow dryer or hot air brush do you use? gadgethawse 0 130 08-08-2016 02:04 PM
Last Post: gadgethawse