Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curly hair and difficulty to put into type
05-31-2013, 10:52 PM
Curly hair and difficulty to put into type
This curly hair picture (of a male) says it all: when curly hair is very short it can pass as a different hair type to its authentic hair type. In this picture, his curly hair when very short looks wavy even almost straight but it soon starts bending tight once it gets to one inch! Cool

[Image: 8100626099_46d220be47_o.jpg]

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2013, 11:31 PM
RE: Curly hair and difficulty to put into type
Yeah big difference, it's why Rogelio is so big on only measuring your curls when you have sufficient length and if not waiting to grow out the length to measure the hair. Curly hair will suddenly start curly visibly as the locks start to complete full loops.

If you look closely on that picture you can see how the dude on his left pic has two curl types, tighter curly hair from ear height down then looser curls on the top. It looks to me a type II/III going from the typing guide in the Curly Hair book.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-31-2013, 11:40 PM
Epic haircut lol
06-02-2013, 07:21 PM
damn it makes a world of a difference don't it?
06-03-2013, 02:39 PM
That is one great hair picture showing the differences in curl visible expression between lengths. The hair on the top is a Type II while the hair on the lower scalp is a Type III (as per my curly-hair typing guide), yet the hair on the top can pass as a Type I or even straight hair to the untrained eye. Ergo, the importance (and thus my insistence) of getting the ruler out and measuring vertical lengths, even if using my latest hair-typing guide.

Excellent find, and the curly hair haircut was done very nice indeed.

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Good pomades to tame and straighten my crazy curly hair Salazar Mojo 1 323 10-18-2016 01:44 PM
Last Post: A Tall Guy
  Curly hair blow dry with brush to straighten it, Is it damaged? Ttas664 5 291 10-18-2016 01:17 PM
Last Post: A Tall Guy
  Method to turn Curly hair into Wavy hair for Men - Hair Product Trick Bradley 2 13,856 09-28-2016 01:13 AM
Last Post: PinkChili
  curly super dry bush type unshiny hair shau1203 0 266 08-09-2016 03:30 PM
Last Post: shau1203