Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Curly Hairstyles for Men - Inspiration Thread
05-15-2013, 07:12 PM
Curly Hairstyles for Men - Inspiration Thread
Curly fellas,

Let's make this thread a thread for the best hairstyles for curly hair men. Post your favorite hairstyles or cuts. You can also post your own curly hair too; curly hair ranging from wavy hair to afro textured hair. Any length too.

Jurgen posted a thread on the celebrity-men forum covering David Luiz hairstyles, worth the check for those of you with long-length coiled hair! Some pics of David Luiz's curly hair for some hair inspiration:

[Image: davidluiz1.jpg]

[Image: 73764.jpg]

And you've probably seen this photo of mine with long curly hair, but here it goes for the forum too. Long curly hair in a ponytail, the ladies like to hide and pop out of a sudden to touch my fluffy tail.

Let's get going with some cool curly hairstyles, gentlemen.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2013, 02:05 PM
RE: Curly Hairstyles for Men - Inspiration Thread
Two words: Adrian Grenier (no homo Big Grin)

[Image: adrian-grenier.jpg]

[Image: adrian_grenier_celeb_poker.jpg]

[Image: Adrian-Grenier-biracial-beauty-33115537-500-600.jpg]

(Source: Getty Images)

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-16-2013, 02:19 PM
(05-16-2013 02:05 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Two words: Adrian Grenier (no homo Big Grin)

[Image: adrian-grenier.jpg]

[Image: adrian_grenier_celeb_poker.jpg]

[Image: Adrian-Grenier-biracial-beauty-33115537-500-600.jpg]

(Source: Getty Images)

I knew it was only a matter of time before we heard the first "no homo" in the forum, ha!

Adrian Grenier is the perfect Type II curls illustration, not tight enough to form coils but the waves aren't loose either.

More inspiration for the long-haired curly men:

David Bisbal

[Image: David_Bisbal.jpg]

[Image: zzbisbal.jpg]

[Image: david_bisbal.jpg]

[Image: 29bisbal_dentro.jpg]

Can't help but see a resemblance between David Bisbal with long curly hair and Fabio if he had curly hair (but who am I to talk since I too have long curly hair hihihi).

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
05-20-2013, 08:32 PM
it's crazy how the hair type can look like it changes as the hair grows, in the case of Adrian Grenier the hair curves when it is about one inch long, then it forms full wave shapes when it is a bit longer.

[Image: adrian-grenier-premiere-entourage-final-season-01.jpg]

[Image: 293.grenier.adrian.lc.043010.jpg]
05-20-2013, 08:52 PM
(05-20-2013 08:32 PM)Alex Wrote:  it's crazy how the hair type can look like it changes as the hair grows, in the case of Adrian Grenier the hair curves when it is about one inch long, then it forms full wave shapes when it is a bit longer.

[Image: adrian-grenier-premiere-entourage-final-season-01.jpg]

[Image: 293.grenier.adrian.lc.043010.jpg]

Good choice of pictures to illustrate what you're saying, Alex.

Indeed, wavy hair doesn't complete a full S-like shape until the 1-3 inch length mark, anything below that and the wavy hair will simply be curving as if making a semicircle.

Both wavy and coiled hair types share the commonality of looking somewhat distinct between different lengths in the short-length category (i.e. 0.125 inches to 2 inches in length); more so with wavy hair, which is why men with curly hair rarely know what is their hair type as their hair is usually short.

05-21-2013, 06:20 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2013 06:21 PM by AfroJay.)
The kid Jaden Smith has some nice curls, not sure about the type...

[Image: Jaden_Smith.jpg]
[Image: justin-bieber-justin-bieber-jaden-smith-...-stuff.jpg]
[Image: karate-kid-pays-off-big-for-jaden-smith.jpg]
[Image: jaden-smith-greets-his-fans-3-500x750.jpg]
05-21-2013, 11:10 PM
Jim Morrison's wavy locks

[Image: Jim_Morrison_1969.JPG]

[Image: Jim-Morrison-9415576-1-402.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-24-2013, 05:20 PM
i love me some kinky hair Smile

[Image: 51ekIe5YQ4L._SX500_.jpg]
05-24-2013, 07:25 PM
(05-24-2013 05:20 PM)AfroJay Wrote:  i love me some kinky hair Smile

[Image: 51ekIe5YQ4L._SX500_.jpg]

Gotta love Will Smith's curly High Top Fade hair during the first season of The Fresh Prince of Bel-air. Attached are some more pictures of Will Smith with a High Top Fade.

05-24-2013, 08:13 PM
I love this forum, this is the stuff we need. Curly hair inspiration!
05-26-2013, 12:42 AM
Long curly hair: shake and go hairstyle, layered hairstyle - Reece Ritchie

[Image: Lovely+Bones+Los+Angeles+Premiere+Arriva...u6jCil.jpg]

[Image: Reece+Ritchie+DTlVKQRHpHcm.jpg]

[Image: Reece+Ritchie+Prince+Persia+World+Premie...EObhdx.jpg]

[Image: reece-ritchie-desert-dancer-photocall-du...889049.jpg]

05-26-2013, 06:16 PM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2013 06:22 PM by Jurgen.)
Miguel Jontel pompadour hairstyle with curly hair

[Image: tumblr_mn9tq0ubSH1rairjso1_500.png]

[Image: Miguel+Jontel+Pimentel+Celebs+Billboard+...Y1Vm1l.jpg]

[Image: miguel-miguel-jontel-pimentel-2012-espy-...987038.jpg]

05-29-2013, 11:18 PM
Natural curly hairstyles

Natural curly hairstyles can look great if the curly hair is cared for properly. Curly hair at medium length that is left in a shake and go with minimal manipulation and is cut in layers shaped to the head will look great for any curl type. Check the attached pictures, I will try to post some more natural hairstyles, but my opinion is that curly men should be looking at natural styles that rely on the health of their hair to define the hairstyle. If you get this right, your curly hair can look really nice like in the attached pictures.

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
05-31-2013, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 05-31-2013 05:47 PM by Barber.)
Interesting curtains with wavy hair by Zach Galifianakis (hope I got the spelling right)

[Image: Zach-Galifianakis.jpg]

and for the love of, what is this????

It actually was posted on Perez Hilton blog so no surprise there...

I'm posting it as attached so you can be warned by the thumbnail.

anybody wanna comment on its hairstyle....?

06-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Barber, do not post that picture of Zach Galifianakis with the swimming suit ever again! Big Grin

Curly dudes, have a look at this epic Pompadour hairstyle with curly hair that is ginger! One of the best curly hairstyles I have seen on a man, the Pompadour is very neat and the ginger color makes it look epic. Love it.

06-05-2013, 01:07 PM
Nice Jim Morrison hairstyle (layered haircut)

[Image: Aaron-Johnson.jpg]

06-05-2013, 01:15 PM
The long curly hairstyles look very nice, my hair is less curly coiled, more on the wavy side. Maybe post a few wavy long hairstyles in the thread?
06-06-2013, 07:49 AM
Nice hanging locks curly hairstyle!

[Image: lebron-james-23-birthday-anderson-varejao.jpg]

[Image: varejao_portrait_cleveland_295.jpg]

[Image: 20120328_ajw_am8_077.0_standard_352.0.jpg]

[Image: 0,,14684899-EX,00.jpg]

Looking like a lion in the last picture too.

06-07-2013, 01:00 PM
Natural curly hair

Old gentleman with wicked natural curly kinks, looking very classy too. Medium length natural kinks with gray hair, you know not many people have the privilege to own such a thick mane Cool bit of product to coat the tips, not even blow dry and then ready to go.

[Image: IMG_6353.jpg]

[Image: IMG_6361.jpg]

06-22-2013, 05:50 PM
Curly Hair Products to buy

For best curls you will need to look after your hair properly and that includes hair products and what not, these are some curly hair products you can get

Shampoo
Conditioner (always apply right after rinsing the shampoo)
Deep conditioner (use once a month or two months)
Leave-in conditioner (recommended for daily use for men with kinky curly hair or long hair)
The Curly Hair Book by Rogelio Samson (epic book that will solve all your curly hair problems!)

Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Undercut Hairstyle: How to, Haircut, Pictures, Products - OFFICIAL thread Barber 200 627,503 10-07-2016 08:51 PM
Last Post: shenefbs
  Mens Hairstyles and Face Shapes Guide: Round, Triangle, Square, Oval Bradley 16 74,015 05-02-2016 11:32 AM
Last Post: Refrusloi
Wink Wavy Hair Men: Hairstyles, Pictures, Inspiration TheMensHairForum 23 43,781 04-06-2016 08:39 PM
Last Post: ethanbawasanta
  Asian Mens Hairstyles Guide: Epic Ideas with Pictures Jurgen 21 28,237 03-13-2016 10:13 PM
Last Post: ethanbawasanta