Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Curls with Fade - Best of Both Worlds
10-27-2015, 01:36 PM
Curls with Fade - Best of Both Worlds
Hello,

I am starting a new hair journey in pursuit of curls with a fade. I have always had curly hair but I kept cutting it short with fades because I like to look clean. I asked for some help in the Natural hair thread, where members like Panther gave me awesome advice. That thread can be found here:

http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...4#pid12014

This journey will be about 1.5 years, as I want to grow 6-8 inches on top. My hair texture is that of a Type 4, according to Rogelio Samson of Manly Curls.

Stay Tuned!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2015, 01:55 PM
RE: Curls with Fade - Best of Both Worlds
Week 1
[Image: image.jpeg]

2 on the sides with skin fade. Hair lined up on sides and front.
11-10-2015, 06:31 PM
Week 3

[Image: image_1.jpeg]

Same cut, some growth on top

Week 5

[Image: image_2.jpeg]

Same cut, curls are starting to come in. I'm starting to see the future potential for this cut.

Week 7

[Image: image_3.jpeg]

The hair on the sides were growing back too fast so the fade wasn't really lasting. So me and my barber decided to go with a Zero on the sides and bring it up even higher. Loving my hair at this point.
12-03-2015, 09:40 AM
Am I the only one facing image loading problem with the last 2 posts?
12-04-2015, 05:10 PM
(12-03-2015 09:40 AM)Fantast1c Wrote:  Am I the only one facing image loading problem with the last 2 posts?

Is this true? I can see all the photos from my laptop and my iphone. Let me know if anyone else cannot see the images
12-06-2015, 06:53 PM
(12-04-2015 05:10 PM)MarkusAurelius Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 09:40 AM)Fantast1c Wrote:  Am I the only one facing image loading problem with the last 2 posts?

Is this true? I can see all the photos from my laptop and my iphone. Let me know if anyone else cannot see the images

I can see the images on my laptop just fine.
12-07-2015, 07:46 AM
All good atm..must be some connection issue(
02-15-2016, 12:29 PM
Hi all,

Apologies for not updating in a long time. Life speeds up and slows down sporadically. I'm currently in a period of slow, but my hair still grows Big Grin

Week 18
[Image: IMG_0621.jpg]

I must say, I love my hair more and more as it grows longer and longer. With the fade on the sides keeping me fresh, I haven't gone through that "awkward-length" phase that I usually go through at this time.

My barber also put me on to this Imperial Classic Pomade that makes my hair look SWEET. My curls come out well defined with slight shine and the hold is STRONG, but what is interesting is that because its water-based, I can feel it become wet in my hands and almost make my hair feel moist even if it's dry. I also love that it washes out super easy with water only. That is also a downside though, because if you plan to be in the rain or sweating a lot, the pomade will clean itself out of your head and you'll lose the hold. Minor con of a pro in my opinion. I have been recommending this stuff to everyone!

[Image: IMG_0665.jpg]

Week 21
[Image: IMG_0722.jpg]

This picture was from today. My hair was actually longer, but I had it slightly trimmed with scissors because it was growing unevenly in some places.

That's all for now, hope I can help some of you other folk with curly hair grow em out.

- Markus
06-14-2016, 05:26 PM
Long time since last update. Still loving the curls, though its starting to look quite unkempt. Gonna have to start combing it, haven't combed it a lick in weeks. Just finger combed. Sleepy

I'm looking for some type of order as it grows longer so I'm gonna try to manbun it soon.

A good friend of mine suggested I try a 50/50 mix of jamaican double black castor oil & coconut oil overnight to promote hair density and growth. I'll let you know how that goes.

Week 37-38
[Image: IMG_1851.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1859.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1850.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1858.jpg]

Hope this helps provide insight to anyone else on their curly hair journey.

Much love & light to everyone.
07-27-2016, 05:38 PM
Quick update...braids are dope.

[Image: image_4.jpeg]

- Markus
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to fade or color medium bright brown hair nitulescu3 1 155 09-03-2016 08:47 AM
Last Post: shavey_guide
  High fade haircut help with best hairstyle and receding hairline Cloverpopper 1 1,793 10-04-2015 07:59 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Ideas on how to style short hair from a fade haircut Cloverpopper 0 575 09-26-2015 07:03 PM
Last Post: Cloverpopper
  New hairstyle after fauxhawk and fade haircut with thick hair? Salvin23 1 1,031 08-30-2015 08:40 AM
Last Post: Panther