Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cristiano Ronaldo has curly hair and not straight hair (confirmed)
01-15-2014, 12:21 PM
Cristiano Ronaldo has curly hair and not straight hair (confirmed)
The hairdressers of Cristiano Ronaldo in Spain have confirmed that Ronaldo has very curly hair and that he loves to use hair gel to style his hair and to also have his hair straightened with a hair straightener all the time.
Ronaldo's real hair type is something that not a lot of people know but which hair expert Rogelio of the website ManlyCurls.com reported years ago after examining his hair. Most people will think that Cristiano Ronaldo has straight hair when the opposite is true!
Cristiano Ronaldo hairstyles are shaped and cut by 2 Spanish hairdressers from Madrid, José y Miguel Siero, and they confirmed in an interview for a famous spanish sports newspaper that the real hair type of CR7 is curly. This is part of what they said in the interview:

"His hair is very curly and you have to treat it carefully. He likes to wear it set or gelled. He knows that the television cameras follow his every move and he likes to look impeccable."
Source: Marca (Spanish sports newspaper)

These same hairdressers have cut and styled Ronaldo's hair since he joined Real Madrid in 2009. They also shaved a "V" sign for "Victory" in his head recently when Real Madrid played FC Barcelona lol
This is how the "V" sign looked:

[Image: QYNQcax.jpg]

and these are his hairdressers Big Grin

[Image: 1349766700_extras_mosaico_noticia_1_g_0.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-16-2014, 07:05 AM
RE: Cristiano Ronaldo has curly hair and not straight hair (confirmed)
Good catch, J!

It is surprising how many people fall for it. It's the same with Neymar and David Alaba (both soccer players too), they straighten their hair and never wear their real natural hair (curly). We had talked about Cristiano before in the forum, but having the official confirmation from his hairstylists seals the deal Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
01-16-2014, 07:15 PM
Yeah, I'm also Portuguese and I remember seeing him with curly hair (and bad skin Angel ).
I never realized people thought he had straight hair tough - at least wavy! xD
But yeah, it's understandable since his hair is always tamed nowadays. Tongue

[Image: Empollon-rubias-cresta-cortes-Ronaldo_MD...0122_1.jpg]
[Image: young-cristiano-frizzy-hair.jpg]
[Image: ronaldo_bio5.jpg]
01-17-2014, 04:24 AM
(01-16-2014 07:15 PM)Drokas Wrote:  Yeah, I'm also Portuguese and I remember seeing him with curly hair (and bad skin Angel ).
I never realized people thought he had straight hair tough - at least wavy! xD
But yeah, it's understandable since his hair is always tamed nowadays. Tongue

[Image: Empollon-rubias-cresta-cortes-Ronaldo_MD...0122_1.jpg]

Wow! I had seen the image on the left before but not the one on the right. Damn, his hair is even curlier than I thought on the right picture, he looks to be pulling a Jewfro like a boss.

I have read that in Portugal, some people call Cristiano Ronaldo a stereotype word for young men who look after hair too much and the word means something like "dude with greasy hair"; I think the word in Portuguese was something like "oleiros" or something like that?

Do you know which word I am talking about? I'm curious Big Grin It's like the term "guido" in American English as a stereotype for Italian-American young men especially from New Jersey, like the Jersey Shore guys.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
01-17-2014, 04:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2014 04:48 AM by Drokas.)
(01-17-2014 04:24 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  I have read that in Portugal, some people call Cristiano Ronaldo a stereotype word for young men who look after hair too much and the word means something like "dude with greasy hair"; I think the word in Portuguese was something like "oleiros" or something like that?

Do you know which word I am talking about? I'm curious Big Grin It's like the term "guido" in American English as a stereotype for Italian-American young men especially from New Jersey, like the Jersey Shore guys.

I'm sorry but I don't recall, it was a long time ago and I never had any interest in football. ^^'
Oleiros is a municipality in Portugal and oleiro means potter, basically.

There's another word called Azeiteiro, which comes from azeite (olive oil) but it has nothing to do with hair, or at least not directly. It is usually to call someone low-class and ridiculous/trying too hard to act and look good but fails, something like that.

It's no secret he abused hair gel, though.
01-17-2014, 05:00 AM
(01-17-2014 04:47 AM)Drokas Wrote:  
(01-17-2014 04:24 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  I have read that in Portugal, some people call Cristiano Ronaldo a stereotype word for young men who look after hair too much and the word means something like "dude with greasy hair"; I think the word in Portuguese was something like "oleiros" or something like that?

I'm sorry but I don't recall, it was a long time ago and I never had any interest in football. ^^'
Oleiros is a municipality in Portugal and oleiro means potter, basically.

There's another word called Azeiteiro, which comes from azeite (olive oil) but it has nothing to do with hair, or at least not directly. It is usually to call someone low-class and ridiculous/trying too hard to act and look good but fails, something like that.

It's no secret he abused hair gel, though.

Mmm, it could have been "Azeiteiro" then. I remember reading it in a fashion magazine and the writer was a girl from Portugal. She said that that word (I presume "azeiteiro") was what "guido" is to American English.

Rogelio told me in Spain there are many young guys who emulate Cristiano Ronaldo with the super gelled hairstyles, fake tan and making the duck lips every time they get a photo taken. I can't remember the names but he told me there were many names for those kind of guys. I'm guessing it would be something similar in Portugal seeing you guys are next to each other!

A Spanish football player who imitates CR7 is Jese from Real Madrid, which reminds me to ping Jurgen as he was going to write a hairstyle guide on Jese. This is the guy, he just joined Real Madrid from the youth team and cites Ronaldo as his influence.

[Image: jese-castilla--644x362.jpg]

Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tips for Cameron Dallas hairstyle and haircut with straight hair icey3333331 0 145 11-13-2016 01:49 PM
Last Post: icey3333331
Wink Bradley Cooper Hairstyle With Wavy Curly Hair - How To Do? iamorlando 0 1,191 05-25-2016 04:03 AM
Last Post: iamorlando
  Metro mullet haircut for Cristiano Ronaldo hairstyle? Mike Lowe 1 2,473 10-09-2015 11:15 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Is David Beckham balding or thinning hair? Hair loss picture The Kid 1 5,384 05-30-2015 09:04 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum