Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could I ever hope to grow my dead straight hair?
12-30-2014, 05:19 PM
Could I ever hope to grow my dead straight hair?
Greetings, just joined!

I found your forum today following a search for “men's problem hair” and decided to register once realising you have a special section for straight hair (which I cannot post to at this stage).

For many years I have worn my hair in a close crew-cut, sometimes skinhead, because my hair is naturally dead-straight and coarse which seems to get greasy within minutes. I would dearly like to grow my hair long but each time I try it looks tatty, sprouting out at the back, the sides and double crown with a flat dead-looking fringe and I’ve always had comments about how I never brush or wash my hair. Even a short back & sides is too long as it shows the grease and even looks like it has been cut incorrectly. It’s because my hair is so straight with a texture like straw it always looks untidy and seems to require far too much attention.

I decided to grow it longer for the new year but even having it grow out of my usual crew-cut became intolerable as I watched it take the shape of a scarecrow and become matted with grease. Even dry shampoo spray for inbetween washes won’t work as it irritates my scalp as my hair is thinning and too close to the scalp.

Soooo, today I chickened out of my new year’s resolution and had it shaved again – number 2 at the back and sides with a number 5 on top which now looks clean and smart.

What can I do? I don’t particularly want a shaved head for the rest of my life so is there anything I can do during that unclean interim stage when I let it grow? Is there anything on the market like a styling mousse that can give it body and texture which keeps the grease at bay? I’m a busy man and don’t want to live in front of the bathroom mirror Confused
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2015, 06:28 PM
RE: Could I ever hope to grow my dead straight hair?
(12-30-2014 05:19 PM)scarecrow Wrote:  Greetings, just joined!

I found your forum today following a search for “men's problem hair” and decided to register once realising you have a special section for straight hair (which I cannot post to at this stage).

For many years I have worn my hair in a close crew-cut, sometimes skinhead, because my hair is naturally dead-straight and coarse which seems to get greasy within minutes. I would dearly like to grow my hair long but each time I try it looks tatty, sprouting out at the back, the sides and double crown with a flat dead-looking fringe and I’ve always had comments about how I never brush or wash my hair. Even a short back & sides is too long as it shows the grease and even looks like it has been cut incorrectly. It’s because my hair is so straight with a texture like straw it always looks untidy and seems to require far too much attention.

I decided to grow it longer for the new year but even having it grow out of my usual crew-cut became intolerable as I watched it take the shape of a scarecrow and become matted with grease. Even dry shampoo spray for inbetween washes won’t work as it irritates my scalp as my hair is thinning and too close to the scalp.

Soooo, today I chickened out of my new year’s resolution and had it shaved again – number 2 at the back and sides with a number 5 on top which now looks clean and smart.

What can I do? I don’t particularly want a shaved head for the rest of my life so is there anything I can do during that unclean interim stage when I let it grow? Is there anything on the market like a styling mousse that can give it body and texture which keeps the grease at bay? I’m a busy man and don’t want to live in front of the bathroom mirror Confused

yes u can give it time
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Bug Want to grow hair long but have a balding spot, is this baldness? bizoo90 4 735 10-15-2015 02:10 PM
Last Post: Jessie
  New member here! aiming for a straight hair! linsad 0 311 09-21-2015 05:36 PM
Last Post: linsad
  Long hair guy advice and knowledge to grow a longer mane!! Mane Man 4 885 07-05-2015 03:52 PM
Last Post: TheLonghair701
  Natural hair black guy wanting to grow his curls long Africa 2 919 06-28-2015 01:26 PM
Last Post: Africa