Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cornrows and braids for men's hair
06-27-2013, 01:20 PM
Cornrows and braids for men's hair
Cornrows and braids, post pictures, information, questions, how to get cornrows or braids, inspiration, let's make this natural hairstyle one that others can learn of and discuss. Men with kinky hair usually wear braids or cornrows but other men can wear them too so post men of any race, hair type etc Cool

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2013, 12:05 PM
RE: Cornrows and braids for men's hair
Nice thread Jurgen! Some braids here

[b]Long braids

[Image: 13516.jpg]

[Image: d5294eef98d5efc17ddaf9b4c2279d68.jpg]

Plait braid pony tail

[Image: d14c842bd3434dc3c241e62833a53ca6.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
06-28-2013, 12:15 PM
Cornrows

[Image: Artistic_Braiding_by_Yessenia.jpg]

[Image: 05f79e338f0d7bff90d669215c5c0a71.jpg]

[Image: c15723ff7b62c3f60c306dd86ce81139.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
06-29-2013, 08:58 AM
Cornrows

Cornrows are great hairstyles for sportsmen because the hair is fixed in place so it doesn't block the eyes or anything like that. Cornrows are a popular hairstyle with black basketball players as you can see Smile

[Image: amare-cornrows.jpg]

[Image: ricky-davis-cornrows.jpg]

[Image: BX3zW.jpg]

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
06-29-2013, 09:03 AM (This post was last modified: 06-29-2013 09:04 AM by Barber.)
Forgot to post Richard Hamilton voted by the CNN to have the best cornrows in the NBA Big Grin

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
07-07-2013, 10:26 PM
A very popular hair style among black men and there is no doubt that it really gives a grace to them. It is a very different style..Smile
08-28-2013, 01:42 PM
Cornrows

Long cornrows, loose rows on the back of the head

[Image: willian_2752936.jpg]

[Image: Willian-1288680.jpg]
09-08-2013, 07:36 PM
some 'rows, call them tracks too

[Image: 628x471.jpg]
11-19-2013, 05:48 PM (This post was last modified: 11-19-2013 05:57 PM by Robert.)
Snoop dogg braids hairstyle, this guy must do his hair for the lulz when he gets high -- no other explanation

[Image: snoop-dogg22275.jpg]

[Image: snoop_dogg_baby_boy_001.jpg]

[Image: snoop_dogg_sweden2.jpg]
12-08-2013, 05:00 PM
what r some good hair products to keep the cornrows and braids in good care, what about what hair product to use when you undo the braids/cornrows? the hair go all over the place or wut?
12-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Cool hairstyles, must take a lot of care to keep them in check!
12-13-2013, 01:35 PM
(12-08-2013 05:00 PM)Tyrone92 Wrote:  what r some good hair products to keep the cornrows and braids in good care, what about what hair product to use when you undo the braids/cornrows? the hair go all over the place or wut?

Cornrows and braids can cause havoc with your hair follicles and the hair strands themselves due to all the tension that the follicles/hair strands are put against from the braiding process and from wearing the braids/cornrows for long periods of times.

After the braiding process, you can encounter issues with both your hair follicles and hair strands themselves as well as an itchy scalp and a burning sensation in the scalp too (this is normal), so make sure to get this braid hair care product once you have the braids/rows set and use the product daily while you wear your braids or cornrows. Do also use it for a couple of weeks after removing the braids/rows to ensure that your hair bounces back to how it was before you braided it.

Lastly, do also make sure that you are taking a good amount of vitamin C either through fruits and vegetables or with a vitamin C supplement like this excellent vitamin C supplement. Vitamin C aids in repairing the hair follicle which can be damaged by braiding so better be safe than sorry and even begin to take that vitamin C supplement once your hair is braided.

12-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Cool long cornrows

[Image: 1346840995666.jpg]

(12-13-2013 01:35 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(12-08-2013 05:00 PM)Tyrone92 Wrote:  what r some good hair products to keep the cornrows and braids in good care, what about what hair product to use when you undo the braids/cornrows? the hair go all over the place or wut?

Cornrows and braids can cause havoc with your hair follicles and the hair strands themselves due to all the tension they are put against from the braiding process and wearing them for long times.

After braiding you can encounter issues with both your hair follicles and hair strands themselves so make sure to get this after braiding hair product to ensure your hair bounces back to how it was before you braided it. And also make sure you are taking a good amount of vitamin C either through fruits and vegetables or with a vitamin C supplement like this excellent vitamin C supplement. Vitamin C aids in repairing the hair follicle which can be damaged by braiding so better be safe than sorry and even begin to take that vitamin C supplement once your hair is braided.

Yes a product for after braiding like the one suggested above by TMHF is good. But also tell the person braiding your hair to not pull too hard when braiding!!
01-10-2014, 12:41 PM
The long braids of footballer Gervinho. He is a classic example of how braids can destroy the hair and hair of someone thru traction alopecia. Pro tip to everyone, be careful about braiding your hair too tight Smile

[Image: 103003_heroa.jpg]

[Image: Gervinho-Arsenal-vs-Southampton-PreSeason_2796221.jpg]

[Image: Gervinho_13_280x39_1346277a.jpg]

[Image: 2093481988-Gervinho-Transfer-news-Lyon-m...hange-.jpg]

[Image: 290186.png]
01-11-2014, 12:35 PM
Some pictures of Milli Vanilli's braided hairstyles from the Milli Vanilli hair thread over at the Celebrity Hair section:

[Image: grammys_1990.jpg]

[Image: music-Milli-Vanilli.jpg]

[Image: pilatus.jpg]

[Image: milli%2Bvanilli%2B3.jpg]

01-12-2014, 06:37 AM
I find this hairstyle particularly sexy, especially when it is applied in a white man!
eg. Think of Edward Norton in Stone or Jared Leto in Panic Room.

I don't know why.
01-13-2014, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 01-13-2014 11:29 AM by Javon.)
Photo RE: Cornrows and braids for men's hair
You guys should post pictures of (lil) bow wow and (lil) romeo with braids. Theirs braids actually looked nice on them -- I say this, because a lot of people simply can not pull of braids; they either look feminine or plain ridiculous. The only picture of the braid hairstlye I think looks nice is the one of the little kid -- the other ones look to feminine and/or odd. Maybe this is just my opinion, but I think braids are best suited for children and teenagers. Most, not everyone -- however, I've only seen very few guys with braids and thought to myself, "That looks raw!" The only older guy I've seen with braids that suited them well was Shemar Moore:

[Image: shemar-moore-diary-of-a-mad-black-woman.jpg%3Fw%3D400]

Bow Wow:
[Image: lil-bow-wow1.jpg]

Romeo:
[Image: LIL%2BROMEO.jpg]
01-13-2014, 11:34 AM
Sorry, I don't know why that last image came out like that -- can a moderators/administrator please remove that, thanks! The last image was supposed to be omarion -- I think he another older guy that looks decent with braids.
[Image: 9993.jpg]

In my opinion, if you're older and want to rock the braided hairstyle -- grow out your facial hair, otherwise, it doesn't look right (that's just my opinion though).
01-13-2014, 11:42 AM
That looks pretty cool, buddy. You have mentioned some interesting names in the past, and those pics look pretty diesel! Feel free to post more pics in this thread or others, we welcome any content from our community members and images helps those reading these lines to get a clearer pictures of the hairstyles and to also get inspiration and motivation (which is very important too!).

In the picture that you got the embedding wrong, it was because when you clicked on the image in Google, you forgot to then click on "View Image" in the Google preview. Don't worry, it has happened to me a couple of times too Smile

02-21-2014, 07:43 PM
Jaden Smith cornrows

For the 2010 movie, The Karate Kid, Jaden Smith sported long cornrows that were braided to skin and left to dangle at the back. His style looked very well braided and he wore this hairstyle for the entire filming of the movie.

[Image: article-1334792-09F02CF9000005DC-659_468x314.jpg]

[Image: article-0-0CEB95DA00000578-801_634x852.jpg]

[Image: article-0-09D7A27C000005DC-706_468x304.jpg]

[Image: article-2029206-0D8ACD6700000578-930_306x281.jpg]

[Image: article-2310837-1911F4AA000005DC-874_634x751.jpg]

Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Natural hairstyle name of this type of braids for men? Africa 2 2,347 07-01-2015 09:40 AM
Last Post: Sunset
  How to do micro braids and manage this hairstyle for men? Robert 2 5,734 11-25-2014 11:14 AM
Last Post: ElenaTheBarber
  What to do with micro braids care? AfroJay 1 1,176 11-25-2014 11:10 AM
Last Post: ElenaTheBarber
  White Men with Braids and Cornrows Hairstyles TheMensHairForum 9 22,256 10-04-2014 03:21 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum