Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordless hair clipper better than corded hair clippers for self haircuts?
02-28-2015, 07:46 AM
Cordless hair clipper better than corded hair clippers for self haircuts?
Which are the best hair clippers? the cordless hair clipper or the corded hair clipper? i ask this for someone cutting his own hair and for cool mens haircuts like the undercut or the types of buzz cuts. It seems like the cordless hair clippers are easier to use when cutting your own hair but the corded hairclippers are more powerful when cutting hair according to the main thread on recommended hair clippers for men:
http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...-good-ones

The question i want to ask tho is more about usability and what hair clippers are recommended for those of us cutting our hair. Thanks as always!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-28-2015, 10:19 AM
RE: Cordless hair clipper better than corded hair clippers for self haircuts?
I'm contemplating getting a clipper myself, thanks for asking something I hadn't thought of Big Grin
03-01-2015, 02:23 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2015 02:27 PM by JaimeSpain.)
Thumbs Up RE: Cordless hair clipper better than corded hair clippers for self haircuts?
From my experience I believe that cordless hair clippers are better for quick haircuts. When younger some of my friends had cordless hair clippers so our group of friends went every week to their houses to chill out and get quick haircuts. We would all cut the hair of everyone and sometimes experiments with crazy buzz cuts! Big Grin

Our hair was always short and we had military haircuts and buzz cuts like the undercut. So when we went for a haircut everybody had short hair and the cordless hair clipper would fly through the hair. In less than 5 minutes you had a perfect buzz cut. The cordless hair clipper was light so it was very easy to move your hand for precision hair cutting. There was no cable so it was very easy to cut hair. I also try to cut my hair by myself with the cordless hair clipper and it was very easy.

The problem with the cordless hair clippers was when we had longer hair. For example if I waited for 1 month and then my friend used the hair clipper, the hair clipper would get stuck in my hair xD It was like trying to cut steel, impossible to cut! After 10 minutes the battery will run out because of all the energy it uses to cut my hair Big Grin

I have thick hair naturally but my other friends with less hair and with thinner hair had the same problem with the cord less hair clipper if they waited for 1 month to get a buzz cut.

I remember in the same year that I got a hair clipper with the cable to plug for my Christmas gift. Guess what? I could wait 1 month or even 2 months for a buzz cut! So now all my friends came to my house for haircuts Tongue The hair buzzing power from the hair clipper with the cable plugged to the wall was much higher than the hair buzzing power from the cordless hair clipper. But I think that the cordless hair clipper from my friend was not good, I don't remember the brand but it was one you could buy in the shopping center. My hair clipper with the hair clipper was from the brand Oster. It was a powerful hair clipper.

This was some years ago when I was younger. I have tried cordless hair clippers that are very powerful but these are very expensive hair clippers. This is because of the battery used for the cordless hair clipper and because of the type of blade used by the best hair clippers.

Ok so in summary and from my experience:
  • Cordless hair clipper are very easy to use and great for precision hair cutting and for short hair. The problem is that they are not good for cutting longer hair and they run out of battery fast. However there are very high quality hair clippers that don't have these problems and they are very powerful.
  • Hair clippers with the electric cable are very powerful and they are cheaper than cordless hair clippers. The problem from my experience is that they are not super easy to use like a cordless hair clipper.
I hope that my reply can help you!

Jaime.
03-02-2015, 02:49 PM
I think Jaime above has pretty much nailed it as he is talking from experience as a regular guy with a hair clipper which is what I believe your looking for.

The vast majority of cordless hair clippers suck. They just aren't powerful enough to cut thru any hair that is longer than a centimetre. There are some good hair clippers tho like the ones mentioned in that thread you linked to. If you want to get a solid cordless hair clipper then read the review of the Andis BGR Plus that Jurgen posted as the Andis BGR+ is one of the best hair clippers that you can get if you're looking for a cordless clipper.

It's true that cordless clippers are easier to use but that doesn't mean that the corded clippers are difficult to use. Plus you get used to the handling of the corded hair clipper very fast. It's just that you have the cable to be keeping a brief eye on but even then, that's more of an issue for barbers than for any guy who's just wanting to cut his own hair with a hair clipper.

Corded hair clippers are more powerful so they're good if you have kids or you have friends over for haircuts. If you're just cutting your own hair then a corded hair clipper can pretty much buzz through longer hair, which comes handy if you have a lot of hair too buzz and can't be bothered to cut some length first with shears.

So either type of hair clipper is good for anyone looking to cut his own hair. I'd be more worried about the quality of the hair clipper. If possible try to get any of the ones in that thread in the link or just go with the Andis Bgr Plus hair clipper.

Cheers.
03-04-2015, 11:09 AM
Just buy the best cordless hair clippers and corded hair clippers. Avoid headaches!
Machado, the forum members above have pretty much covered all you need to know between cordless hair clippers and corded hair clippers.

The advantages and disadvantages mentioned above for each type of hair clipper are most notorious if you buy a hair clipper that is cheap. A high-quality cordless hair clipper will have plenty of powerful in the same way that a high-quality corded hair clipper will be easy and smooth to use (if not, barbers would not use them in their barbershop!).

With regard to buying a hair clipper for personal use, either of the two types of hair clippers will do just fine. Just make sure to buy a high-quality hair clipper whether it is corded or cordless, and you will avoid any headaches or difficulties that the cheaper clippers are known for. High-quality hair clippers will not only buzz through short hair with extreme easy but they will also buzz through medium-length hair and even long-length hair from the power and reliability that they offer! Just that alone is well worth paying extra for high quality.

Here at the forum, we recommend both corded clippers and cordless clippers for personal use. The key, as said before, is in buying a high-quality one that comes with everything you need to start cutting your hair right away. In fact, high-quality hair clippers can also be used to trim and buzz facial hair and beards without pulling the hair (a painful experience that the cheap hair clippers and beard trimmers will have you suffer through!).

Here are the two main hair clippers that we recommend in the forum and that will be your best ally in cutting your hair in any haircut or style that you feel like cutting:
  • Cordless hair clipper: you just simply cannot go wrong with THIS Andis hair clipper which is a very powerful cordless hair clipper with a long-lasting battery. It also comes with the full kit and hair clipper accessories that you will ever need for your hair clipper!
  • Corded hair clipper: make your haircuts (and life) much easier by just going with THIS awesome corded clipper which has passed the test of time and which is used by barbers worldwide. This hair clipper is very heavy-duty and will last you an eternity, no to mention that it will buzz through anything you put it against! It also comes with all the hair clipper accessories that you will ever need to cut your own hair.
Anybody interested in buying a hair clipper to cut his hair at home or cut the hair of family members or friends, should think first of high-quality and then about whether to buy a corded or cordless hair clipper. As for high-quality, durability and high-power, either of the 2 hair clippers listed above in the links will do the job extremely well and are worth every cent they cost, and then some more! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
03-29-2015, 05:47 AM
I have made my decision to buy a good cordless hair clipper. I know it's more expensive than corded clippers but for me the cordless ones are just easier to cut.

I have been reading around the forum and the Andis cordless clipper linked above is getting lots of good feedback so I think I'm going to just spend my money on that one. It also comes with all the blades and combs. I have a few guiding combs and blades but from other hair clippers I had.

The reason why I'm getting a good cordless clipper is because the cheap ones that I buy, around 50 bucks, they just end up breaking apart after a couple of months. Also if you have thick curly hair like me, the cheap cordless clippers will run out of battery before you finish your haircut. So imagine walking around with half a haircut because the battery died as you were buzzing your head. It happened to me 3 times already with cheap hair clippers haha so I'm going all out and getting a good cordless clipper.

I think the Andis clipper in the post above is the one I'm going to get. Unless anyone has anything else to say or recommend...
03-29-2015, 07:22 AM
(03-29-2015 05:47 AM)Buzzing Wrote:  I have made my decision to buy a good cordless hair clipper. I know it's more expensive than corded clippers but for me the cordless ones are just easier to cut.

I have been reading around the forum and the Andis cordless clipper linked above is getting lots of good feedback so I think I'm going to just spend my money on that one. It also comes with all the blades and combs. I have a few guiding combs and blades but from other hair clippers I had.

The reason why I'm getting a good cordless clipper is because the cheap ones that I buy, around 50 bucks, they just end up breaking apart after a couple of months. Also if you have thick curly hair like me, the cheap cordless clippers will run out of battery before you finish your haircut. So imagine walking around with half a haircut because the battery died as you were buzzing your head. It happened to me 3 times already with cheap hair clippers haha so I'm going all out and getting a good cordless clipper.

I think the Andis clipper in the post above is the one I'm going to get. Unless anyone has anything else to say or recommend...

Go for it mate, the Andis cordless hair clipper that admin recommended above is an excellent cord-less hair clipper. It's from Andis which together with Oster are the two top brands for hair clippers. The Andis cordless clipper is definitively worth its price.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best hair styling wax for Asian men hair? Cool Hair Guy 8 25,040 11-07-2016 11:30 PM
Last Post: aliu123
  Best mens hair conditioner for damaged hair hapaa 4 446 10-06-2016 04:19 AM
Last Post: oslec8
  Need help buying hair clippers THENOAMAN 0 175 08-02-2016 05:30 AM
Last Post: THENOAMAN
Thumbs Up Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable clipper review - Epic! Curly Dude 2 2,115 07-14-2016 05:22 PM
Last Post: djbumrush