Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cool hairstyles for thinning hair
05-17-2014, 03:25 PM
Lightbulb Cool hairstyles for thinning hair
As a man who is balding, I find it hard to find cool hairstyles for thinning hair. Seems like most advice is for guys who can grow some good hair. I find this normal after all as those of us thinning are more worried about stopping it than about creating some super cool styles.

My hat goes off to this forum though because all the advice here does take into account that average joes like all of us are not models and do not have the best hair possible.
Every time I read the advice in this forum I know I can take it at face value and put it to use. This is what makes this forum so awesome and so different to the rest of sites that have the same concept of giving any advice to the perfect male model.

So after the above , my only question is if you can recommend any good or cool hairstyles for men who are thinning or balding.
I have not seen a thread in the forum about this topic and I would love to hear what the hair experts in the forum think about it.

I know it sounds like a rare topic but I am sure that many other men would benefit from the great answers that we always get when we ask questions in the forum Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2014, 01:42 PM
RE: Cool hairstyles for thinning hair
Vladimir, balding men can certainly have good hairstyles for their manes. The trick is to be discreet about. Likewise when we are talking of balding men (with thinning hair), we are talking of men who still have substantial hair in the form of a Norwood III or IV at a maximum.

You can see the Norwood stage scale in this picture below.

[Image: WySY1EY.jpg]

For what is worth, all of the above is covered in The Men's Hair Book and I believe you Vladimir already have the book. For any of you interested in hairstyles, hair loss or anything about hair, click on this link to The Men's Hair Book page on Amazon to read more about it or purchase it (the book can be purchased in bookstores but the best price is at Amazon).

Back to the hairstyles for balding men, you want hairstyles that discreetly hide the thinning and baldness. For my money, I would focus on messy hairstyles, Caesar Cut and the side part with some fringe which all are short haircuts for men and that blend in trendy styles with enough style shape to cover the receding hairline so common with men with a Norwood III to IV.

Messy hairstyles

Messy hairstyles are an absolute winner hairstyle for thinning men. The cool thing about the messy hairstyles is that the final hair shape is up to you, hence there is no one single messy style. You want to have your hair at about 2 inches long (or maybe a bit longer, up to you) and then tousle the hair as you want with a good hair wax.

One hair wax that does really well for messy hairstyles is this one here. Below are some examples of messy styles for your hair inspiration Smile including a picture of Jude Law's hair in a messy style as he was balding heavily (on his way to a Norwood IV). He hid his hair loss very well with the messy look.

[Image: 98f5d843d64b4265a3d9b51b1b903e2e.jpg]

[Image: malin-akerman-josh-radnor-adrian-grenier...ing-01.jpg]

[Image: 8ed8c7eef696b2e32a2e4705d42a9864.jpg]

Caesar cut

The cool thing about the Caesar Cut is its ability to adapt itself to the hairline. You can cut the fringe in the Cesar Cut in any shape you want according to the shape of your hairline. Guys like Nick Kamen and George Clooney have worn the Caesar Cut hairstyle really well, so much so as to popularize the Caesar Cut in the 1990s!

For the Caesar Cut, you want to use the same wax as that above for the messy styles. You can also use a little easy-to-wash pomade like this water pomade for some stylish Caesar fringe. Picture below of the Caesar Cut of George Clooney.

[Image: george_clooney.jpg]

Side fringe

There are side fringes and then there are side fringes. I am not asking you to get a Zac Efron side fringe but a good 2 inches of hair length so as to set an elegant side fringe will help a lot to smooth your receding hairline.

Since we are talking of a side fringe and not a side swept hairstyle, a good hair mousse like this one here will help a lot in setting a shapely fringe without leaving your forehead coated in hair product. If you like pomades, then get the pomade recommended above for the Caesar haircut.

[Image: Regular_Haircut.JPG]

[Image: Jadmy8E.jpg]

[Image: Robert_Redford_Barefoot_in_the_park.jpg]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-21-2014, 12:57 PM
I happened to be going through some Bollywood actors and came across Emraan Hashmi, who is clearly balding. Emraan Hashmi's hair is receding and he looks to have had work done already on his hairline, he has the same doll hair look that Ben Affleck also has in his hairline.

Emraan Hashmi's hairstyles are based in side fringes that are carefully styled over his hairline, so he is a great example of what I was referring to in my previous post with the hairstyles for thinning hair. You want to have your hair just discreetly hovering over the hairline so as to give the illusion of having an evened out hairline. Of course, this trick is only possible for those with just a receding hairline and no visible crown thinning.

Below are some pictures of Emraan Hashmi's hairstyles to hide his receding hairline. Apparently this dude relies on his "buffed dude" looks to get movie roles in Bollywood, so he needs to keep his hair no matter what Big Grin

[Image: mNd3p3Z.jpg]

[Image: fctUSB7.jpg]

[Image: TVqxwqr.jpg]

And below is the hair of Emraan Hashmi with very obvious hairline work and the doll hair effect (plus different texture). I have been told that in Bollywood, the buzz cut hairstyle look isn't still trendy and that any actor worth his socks must have a mane that we would be quick to feature in this forum as an act of god idolizing Big Grin

By the way, the last picture is the reason for me recommending products for styling thinning hair that do not give a wet look as humid-like hair is easier to see through!

[Image: cLlmLdj.jpg]

[Image: xYLpHOw.jpg]

[Image: DGsmsOW.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-24-2014, 09:02 AM
I agree with hairstyles that somehow cover the hairline. If you still have sum good amount of hair except for the hairline then a fringe or side fringe helps a lot.
Darin Brooks hairstyles are based around fringes. Darin Brooks is a young guy & keeps a ypung look but the receding hairline kills it. So there you go, slap a fringe & you got your youthful looks Big Grin
He does the classic Zac Efron fringe & gets great results from it. This is his hairline.

[Image: Darin+Brooks+YDGPM48rsjsm.jpg]

[Image: d4CS3Yc.jpg]

[Image: promo47678508]

This is Darin Brooks fringe hairstyle.

[Image: darin-brooks-photo-6.jpg]

[Image: 2669_1_48943.jpg]

[Image: DarinBrooksBBallGame06.jpg]

[Image: 9jluPNS.jpg]

This is when Darin Brooks had some thick hair - when he was young & his hairline was untouched.

[Image: darin%20brooks_thumb%5B2%5D.jpg?imgmax=800]
06-07-2014, 09:18 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2014 09:19 AM by Alex.)
(05-24-2014 09:02 AM)Jurgen Wrote:  I agree with hairstyles that somehow cover the hairline. If you still have sum good amount of hair except for the hairline then a fringe or side fringe helps a lot.
Darin Brooks hairstyles are based around fringes. Darin Brooks is a young guy & keeps a ypung look but the receding hairline kills it. So there you go, slap a fringe & you got your youthful looks Big Grin
He does the classic Zac Efron fringe & gets great results from it. This is his hairline.

[Image: Darin+Brooks+YDGPM48rsjsm.jpg]

damn that first pic of Darin Brooks hair... he looks like he has the doll hair of Ben Affleck Big GrinBig Grin

Edit, just saw that Tmhf commented on the doll hair and same thread lol
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best tall men hairstyles and haircuts for great aesthetics A Tall Guy 1 226 10-20-2016 11:17 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Weatherproof hairstyles Dansercoer 1 637 01-23-2016 04:00 PM
Last Post: Dansercoer
  Best hairstyles for boys? Frederick 4 2,206 11-09-2015 06:12 AM
Last Post: Random
  hairstyles for hair loss plus wide forehead? robertm12354 0 800 10-20-2015 06:55 PM
Last Post: robertm12354