Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cool hair styles 2013
05-13-2013, 05:47 PM
Cool hair styles 2013
What are in your opinion some mens hairstyles that are trending in 2013? Straight hair, curly hair, afro hair, any hair type? Need some cool hair styles for the summer lol
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2013, 07:45 PM
RE: Cool hair styles 2013
Good question Robert!
I personally think that medium length wavy coiled (i.e. curly) hairstyles are in for 2013, and I'm seeing a trend for long length hairstyles for straight hair. Shaggy hairstyles and simply military cuts are also trendy hairstyles for 2013.

Wavy and Coiled curly hair, medium length
I would say for men with wavy and coiled curly hair, medium length with layers is an excellent hairstyle for 2013.

Matthew McConaughey has some good medium length waves to display that will look cool for summer 2013
[Image: Matthew-McConaughey-01.jpg]

Combed back wavy hair looks great and you can pull it for summer 2013
[Image: 201107271311765918360496554.jpg]

Have a look at Adrian Grenier for wavy/coiled hair (certainly curly hair)
Medium length, layered
[Image: adrian_grenier.jpg]

[Image: adrien_grenier.jpg]

Straight hair, long length
For straight hair, 6-8 inches layered so that the back reaches the shoulders is a hairstyle that we will be seeing in 2013 and 2014.

Shoulder length hairstyles are roaring in Japan and East Asia
[Image: lens8724231_1261976140YamashitaTomohisaasianhai]

Johnny Depp with long hair
[Image: depp03f-1-web.jpg]

Been seeing this trend of long hair in men (shoulder length) since 2011, and I'm going to bet the trend continues with the popularity of this forum and other resources such as The Men's Hair Book.

Straight hair, medium length
There's also the shaggy hairstyle coming back with strength, pretty easy hairstyle to do with straight hair and pomade. The shaggy hairstyle was all over Australia last year from the whole aesthetics crew and while it is dying there, it seems to remain strong in the USA and Europe. If you have wavy hair and want to do a shaggy, grab a hair straightener to texture the hair straight first.
See attached picture for a shaggy by Zyzz (aesthetics crew member who died)

Short straight or curly hair
For short hair, straight or curly, good hairstyles for 2013 (especially summer) include crew cuts and fades, both hairstyles are fresh and easy to do.

See picture attached of Matt Damon for a crew cut hairstyle. For a fade, go either low or high, as you want.

I think the above are some trending hairstyles for 2013 and with summer approaching they are good to go depending on your hair type or length. Anyone else suggest more?

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-14-2013, 01:58 PM
Ditto on the shaggy, im seeing that hairstyle a lot here.
05-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Come on guys, everyone is on the Shaggy hairstyle for 2013.

Don't follow the herd.

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
05-20-2013, 06:53 PM
i think medium length hairstyles for men are very "in" for summer 2013. Most guys started growing their hair from January onwards to get some surfer hair for summer Big Grin
05-22-2013, 05:39 PM
(05-20-2013 06:53 PM)Alex Wrote:  i think medium length hairstyles for men are very "in" for summer 2013. Most guys started growing their hair from January onwards to get some surfer hair for summer Big Grin

haha dat true, got a couple of mates who have been growing their hair since the start of the year to get surfer hair for the holidays.
05-24-2013, 01:37 AM
What do you guys think of the layered hairstyle of Adrian Grenier? Looks pretty cool for wavy hair.

[Image: adrien_grenier.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-24-2013, 09:01 AM
I think Greiner's hair is awesome. I'm in the process of growing mine out for the first time, but I think my hair is somewhere between Type II and Type III in Rogelio's system. I had hoped it would be about like Greiner's, but it seems a little too voluminous and a little too curly, but not so curly that it can be based on that one soccer player guy with the tight curls.

The Matthew Mcconaughey hair might be the closest celebrity I've found. I guess I'll know more in a few months, because I'm currently on a fade with about 2" on top.
05-24-2013, 05:09 PM
(05-24-2013 09:01 AM)Mickey Wrote:  I think Greiner's hair is awesome. I'm in the process of growing mine out for the first time, but I think my hair is somewhere between Type II and Type III in Rogelio's system. I had hoped it would be about like Greiner's, but it seems a little too voluminous and a little too curly, but not so curly that it can be based on that one soccer player guy with the tight curls.

The Matthew Mcconaughey hair might be the closest celebrity I've found. I guess I'll know more in a few months, because I'm currently on a fade with about 2" on top.

Welcome to the forum Mickey Smile

By your description is looks like you probably are a II going by the curly hair guide in Rogelio's first book but I'll let him comment as he posts here too.

How long you're planning to grow your hair too?

05-24-2013, 07:46 PM
(05-24-2013 09:01 AM)Mickey Wrote:  I think Greiner's hair is awesome. I'm in the process of growing mine out for the first time, but I think my hair is somewhere between Type II and Type III in Rogelio's system. I had hoped it would be about like Greiner's, but it seems a little too voluminous and a little too curly, but not so curly that it can be based on that one soccer player guy with the tight curls.

Good stuff Mickey; feel free to keep us updated an even start a thread talking about your updates. The forum will soon have (as Admin has told me) a log/introduction section where you can forum blog about your hair.

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
05-24-2013, 07:48 PM
I get a lot of guys who are telling me they have been inspired by my book, The Curly Hair Book, to grow their hair long like mine, so I'm expecting long curly hair to be a trend in 2015 since curly hair takes some 2 years to reach a decent long length.

05-24-2013, 10:32 PM
(05-24-2013 07:48 PM)Curly Hair Wrote:  I get a lot of guys who are telling me they have been inspired by my book, The Curly Hair Book, to grow their hair long like mine, so I'm expecting long curly hair to be a trend in 2015 since curly hair takes some 2 years to reach a decent long length.

Bro, I have your other book (The Mens Hair book) and you managed to convinced me to grow my hair longer even though the book is about the right hair care and grooming Big Grin
BTW, love your book, really worth the money and Im already saving on stupid hair products I used to buy that did nothing.
05-24-2013, 10:50 PM
(05-24-2013 10:32 PM)Zorba Wrote:  Bro, I have your other book (The Mens Hair book) and you managed to convinced me to grow my hair longer even though the book is about the right hair care and grooming Big Grin
BTW, love your book, really worth the money and Im already saving on stupid hair products I used to buy that did nothing.

It is very important to read useful stuff for your hair care. Rogelio has done a fantastic job in writing two books that kill it in terms of men's hair care, styling, grooming and motivation/inspiration. If you're serious about your hair, you must own at least one. This forum is another way to get your hair under control and we encourage you to interact, both asking and replying questions.

The fact that we have Rogelio and other knowledgeable dudes here (Jurgen, Barber, Admin. Maybe me?? Tongue) is because we are serious in this community. Zorba, you really are on your way to "mane awesomeness" (as Rogelio calls it) by being here and already doing the right amount of reading Cool

05-24-2013, 11:06 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2013 11:07 PM by Jurgen.)
I follow the same opinion like TheMensHairForum above. It's veyr important to read good sources of information for hair care. 99.99% of the sites for anything about men's hair care are full of bad information and stolen content. I have heard Curly Hair and Barber complain about similar stuff before.

And the Men's Hair Book is like the bible of male hair care. Not good for me that the shipping wasn't as cheap as for USA or UK or Germany as I live in a secluded county for Amazon Big Grin but the book has made me save already like five times it's value in 6 weeks.
05-24-2013, 11:12 PM
(05-24-2013 11:06 PM)Jurgen Wrote:  I follow the same opinion like TheMensHairForum above. It's veyr important to read good sources of information for hair care. 99.99% of the sites for anything about men's hair care are full of bad information and stolen content. I have heard Curly Hair and Barber complain about similar stuff before.

And the Men's Hair Book is like the bible of male hair care. Not good for me that the shipping wasn't as cheap as for USA or UK or Germany as I live in a secluded county for Amazon Big Grin but the book has made me save already like five times it's value in 6 weeks.

haha yeah whats up with that?? most of those sites look so spammy and the writing is very bad.
05-24-2013, 11:24 PM
(05-24-2013 11:12 PM)Zorba Wrote:  
(05-24-2013 11:06 PM)Jurgen Wrote:  I follow the same opinion like TheMensHairForum above. It's veyr important to read good sources of information for hair care. 99.99% of the sites for anything about men's hair care are full of bad information and stolen content. I have heard Curly Hair and Barber complain about similar stuff before.

haha yeah whats up with that?? most of those sites look so spammy and the writing is very bad.

They are spam sites that try to play with google. Sooner or later they are catch up by google but until this time they put a lot of advertising to make a little money fast. They don't care about visitors and install infected cookies in your browser, apart from the low quality content. Manly Curls & Men's Hair Blog are the only sites that are really serious about hair care and Rogelio takes his time to write big articles with lots of content. I don't know him but I always enjoy reading his stuff so much I want to invite him to my country to party Big Grin. Is him traveling in Europe currently?
05-24-2013, 11:40 PM
(05-24-2013 11:24 PM)Jurgen Wrote:  
(05-24-2013 11:12 PM)Zorba Wrote:  

They are spam sites that try to play with google. Sooner or later they are catch up by google but until this time they put a lot of advertising to make a little money fast. They don't care about visitors and install infected cookies in your browser, apart from the low quality content. Manly Curls & Men's Hair Blog are the only sites that are really serious about hair care and Rogelio takes his time to write big articles with lots of content. I don't know him but I always enjoy reading his stuff so much I want to invite him to my country to party Big Grin. Is him traveling in Europe currently?

Oh yes, the spam sites with 2 lines describing a hairstyle and half the screen is ads that install viruses lol

Don't think he is traveling at the moment. It's best to send him a PM as he's usually very busy.

05-25-2013, 12:22 AM
What would be a good trendy 2013 hairstyle for a balding male with straight hair and norwood 3? My bother is balding and he is doing all he can to keep the hair but the balding is going fast. He wants to have a cool hairstyle for summer that is easy to do.
He doesn't have balding in the vertex so he is a solid norwood 3.
05-25-2013, 01:00 AM
(05-25-2013 12:22 AM)James Wrote:  What would be a good trendy 2013 hairstyle for a balding male with straight hair and norwood 3? My bother is balding and he is doing all he can to keep the hair but the balding is going fast. He wants to have a cool hairstyle for summer that is easy to do.

Jude Law is the reference for balding me with a Norwood III. Jude Law hid his balding very well and it wasn't until he buzzed his hair that people were like, "WTF where did this guy's hair go".

A good short hairstyle for balding men is a brushed-forward style (e.g. Caesar Cut) or a Faux Hawk with the hair in the hairline styled forward.

Jude Law's Faux Hawk

[Image: jude-law-picture-3.jpg]

For medium length hairstyle, go with a messy top (out of look style). Check the attached picture of Jude Law with messy hair style, see how he hides the receding temples so well Wink

I would recommend those two hairstyles for your brother's hair loss.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-25-2013, 02:35 AM
(05-25-2013 01:00 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(05-25-2013 12:22 AM)James Wrote:  What would be a good trendy 2013 hairstyle for a balding male with straight hair and norwood 3? My bother is balding and he is doing all he can to keep the hair but the balding is going fast. He wants to have a cool hairstyle for summer that is easy to do.

Jude Law is the reference for balding me with a Norwood III. Jude Law hid his balding very well and it wasn't until he buzzed his hair that people were like, "WTF where did this guy's hair go".

A good short hairstyle for balding men is a brushed-forward style (e.g. Caesar Cut) or a Faux Hawk with the hair in the hairline styled forward.

Jude Law's Faux Hawk

[Image: jude-law-picture-3.jpg]

For medium length hairstyle, go with a messy top (out of look style). Check the attached picture of Jude Law with messy hair style, see how he hides the receding temples so well Wink

I would recommend those two hairstyles for your brother's hair loss.

Excellent mate! I'm sending this page to my brother as i think a messy medium length hairstyle would look great on him. Thanks hey!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Heart How Good Wedding Hair Styles Make You Look Smarter? hair-style 5 475 08-19-2016 12:25 AM
Last Post: Cloud
  Hair Styles for Short, Wavy Hair TimothyClayton 0 381 05-20-2016 06:40 AM
Last Post: TimothyClayton
Photo Depressed, Please help recommend Cut/Styles shadowmorning 0 420 02-29-2016 03:34 AM
Last Post: shadowmorning
Thumbs Up Slicked Back Hair Guide: Styles, Haircuts, Products, Pictures, Advice and More TheMensHairForum 15 27,130 12-17-2015 10:14 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c