Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cool beard styles for men, picture guide
12-07-2013, 04:32 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2013 04:36 PM by Barber.)
Cool beard styles for men, picture guide
Here are some interesting pictures of beard facial hairstyles for men that were on the newspaper the other day. While there are more ways to skin a cat when it comes to men's beard styles and facial hair trimming including moustaches, the pictures here show some of the most popular beard styles in history. These are the names of the beard styles:

Short boxed beard facial hairstyle
Full beard trimmed to present a thick beard following the contour of the natural beard hair line.

Van Dyke beard facial hairstyle
In a Van Dyke beard style the only facial hair left in the moustache and below the mouth as the hair naturally grows. Chin beard and moustache connect via trailing lines.

Hollywoodian beard facial hairstyle
In a Hollywoodian beard style the contour of the beard is set in a parallel straight line at about mouth level (corners of mouth). This is done by shaving down the natural beard line to shape it to the desire mouth level and parallel straight angle. Rest of beard is trimmed with a beard trimmer.

Goatee beard facial hairstyle
Many of you know the goatee facial hairstyle, just the hair below the mouth is left to grow, usually very long.

Friendly Mutton Chops beard facial hairstyle
In the Friendly Mutton Chops facial hairstyle the sideburns extend thru the beard to connect to the moustache while the facial hair below the mouth (what would be a goatee) is shaved.

I have a full picture guide for beards and facial hairstyles so i'll post it some other time in this forum section as I see we are getting some good interest on the manly art of shaving and growing a beard.
Cheers lad

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2013, 10:36 AM
RE: Cool beard styles for men, picture guide
That's a cool illustration of the different beard types! Smile

There is a good variety of beard and facial hair styles and I'm guessing the newspaper who put those beard style illustrations mentioned those are the most popular beard styles? I would not agree on that tho, the Friendly Mutton Chops facial hairstyle is hardly known and hardly popular whatsoever.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
12-08-2013, 11:52 AM
if i'm not mistaken that newspaper clipping with the facial hairstyles representations is from Metro newspaper right?? if so take what they say with a massive pinch of salt as they have to fill in the pages somehow.

The short boxed beard styles, designer beard styles, balbo beard style and the RIS beard style (rap industry standard, think Craig David style like below)

[Image: Craig-David-Phot.jpg]

[Image: Craig+David+PNG.png]
12-08-2013, 03:20 PM
I will certainly have to agree with Elena with her choice of facial hair styles that are more modern and trendy. The Rap Industry Standard facial hair style used to be really "in" in the early 2000s but still remains a popular facial hair style, absolutely no doubts there.

Nice contribution Elena Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
12-14-2013, 02:50 PM
Nice list of facial hairstyles but I am going to agree with Elena, those styles posted by the newspaper as the most popular facial hairstyles are not all the "most popular" at present or even for 2012 - 2014.
Friendly mutton chops!? come on, gimme a break Big Grin

(12-07-2013 04:32 PM)Barber Wrote:  Here are some interesting pictures of beard facial hairstyles for men that were on the newspaper the other day. While there are more ways to skin a cat when it comes to men's beard styles and facial hair trimming including moustaches, the pictures here show some of the most popular beard styles in history. These are the names of the beard styles:

Short boxed beard facial hairstyle
Full beard trimmed to present a thick beard following the contour of the natural beard hair line.

Van Dyke beard facial hairstyle
In a Van Dyke beard style the only facial hair left in the moustache and below the mouth as the hair naturally grows. Chin beard and moustache connect via trailing lines.

Hollywoodian beard facial hairstyle
In a Hollywoodian beard style the contour of the beard is set in a parallel straight line at about mouth level (corners of mouth). This is done by shaving down the natural beard line to shape it to the desire mouth level and parallel straight angle. Rest of beard is trimmed with a beard trimmer.

Goatee beard facial hairstyle
Many of you know the goatee facial hairstyle, just the hair below the mouth is left to grow, usually very long.

Friendly Mutton Chops beard facial hairstyle
In the Friendly Mutton Chops facial hairstyle the sideburns extend thru the beard to connect to the moustache while the facial hair below the mouth (what would be a goatee) is shaved.

I have a full picture guide for beards and facial hairstyles so i'll post it some other time in this forum section as I see we are getting some good interest on the manly art of shaving and growing a beard.
Cheers lad
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What beard trimmer? Hublocker 0 73 11-21-2016 04:42 PM
Last Post: Hublocker
  Can I grow skyrim beard Skyrimbeard 1 151 11-15-2016 11:47 AM
Last Post: Cemmos
  Patch in beard Zaryhf 0 218 10-15-2016 02:25 AM
Last Post: Zaryhf
  Facial hair and beard styles stereotypes in the media - Report The Hairstylist 0 208 10-09-2016 09:07 AM
Last Post: The Hairstylist