Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Cool Modern Slicked Back Hair Style with Stubble Beard
07-30-2015, 02:03 PM
Cool Modern Slicked Back Hair Style with Stubble Beard
The slicked back hairstyle is, without a doubt, a timeless men's hair style. The one thing that many people don't know is that the slick back hairstyle has two versions of itself: the classic version and the modern version.

The classic version is the one that everyone knows where the hair is slicked back flat, with no volume and in an even backward direction. The modern version, on the other hand, is when the hair is slicked back and up, with plenty of volume and a less-formal slicked back look. The modern slick back is one that has been getting more and more popular since 2013 as the hairstyle trend has been going "up" (in terms of hair volume) and, by 2015, the modern slicked back style is a common sight in most cities (usually combined with the hipster beard).

To get the volume on a slick back, a men's hair dryer is used and is kept pointed towards the forelock (i.e. front of the top of the head) so that the blown air from the hair dryer is blown backwards as per the same styling direction of the hair.

Here's a great example (picture below) of what the modern slicked back hair style looks like. Notice how the hair barely follows the same direction and how it sticks up (i.e. volume). The modern slicked back style is also similar to the Pompadour hairstyle.

So, what do you think of this modern version of the slicked back style? You can post your comment below or rate the hairstyle!

[Image: a31d93d474657509a72f956dd80dbe6b.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-15-2015, 04:02 AM
RE: Cool Modern Slicked Back Hair Style with Stubble Beard
prntscr com/9eecpu

Not sure why, but I don't see all the pictures on this forum Sad Page Refresh doesn't help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Modern Slicked Back Hairstyle: Cool Picture with Advice TheMensHairForum 0 353 06-08-2016 04:38 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
Thumbs Up Jared Leto Hairstyle with Long Slicked Back Hair Picture TheMensHairForum 1 1,983 12-31-2015 06:29 PM
Last Post: LongHairForMen
  Executive contour haircut with slicked side part for redhead guy Panther 1 1,469 12-15-2015 04:08 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c
  Brad Pitt Long Hair Side Part Style in 1990s Hairstyle! TheMensHairForum 1 1,214 07-14-2015 02:48 PM
Last Post: BigMan