Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cool Haircut View of Undercut Hairstyle from Behind with Hair Hovering
03-18-2015, 10:05 AM
Cool Haircut View of Undercut Hairstyle from Behind with Hair Hovering
The following Undercut picture illustrates how the sides and back of the head are buzzed in the Undercut. The hair, especially when at a medium to long length, will hover over the hair on the sides and back of the head, which is in fact what gives the Undercut its name, as the hair under the mass of hair on the top of the head is cut (i.e. buzzed) and "hidden under".

The picture below also helps you to visualize the lack of tapering in the Undercut haircut. The hair in the Undercut is clipped with a single hair clipper length, except for some very low-key smoothing of the hairline and ridge of the top of the head (i.e. the line that separates the top of the head from the sides and back of the head).

When in doubt about the haircut, just think of the name itself ("under" "cut") to understand what it's all about.

[Image: e179ec4736953d6f31f94ae04c820ebf.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2015, 11:29 AM
RE: Cool Haircut View of Undercut Hairstyle from Behind with Hair Hovering
Are undercuts bad for those with a round face? If so, what's the best type of cut for a round face?
03-18-2015, 12:53 PM
Men with round faces benefit more from taper haircuts than with Undercuts.
(03-18-2015 11:29 AM)Hairucation Wrote:  Are undercuts bad for those with a round face? If so, what's the best type of cut for a round face?

Round faces do not benefit from the Undercut. While truly round faces do not exist, male faces can have a very-round oval shape, which benefit more from filling in the side of the head. In this case, a taper haircut will work much better than an Undercut for men with round faces.

The Undercut is better for men with vertical temples or slightly angled temples, which is the opposite of what happens with men who have rounder faces.

My suggestion is to get a taper haircut with a medium length on the top of the head. Style the medium length up and with volume, be it as a messy hairstyle or Brush Up hairstyle.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
03-18-2015, 01:03 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2015 01:11 PM by Hairucation.)
RE: Cool Haircut View of Undercut Hairstyle from Behind with Hair Hovering
(03-18-2015 12:53 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(03-18-2015 11:29 AM)Hairucation Wrote:  Are undercuts bad for those with a round face? If so, what's the best type of cut for a round face?

Round faces do not benefit from the Undercut. While truly round faces do not exist, male faces can have a very-round oval shape, which benefit more from filling in the side of the head. In this case, a taper haircut will work much better than an Undercut for men with round faces.

The Undercut is better for men with vertical temples or slightly angled temples, which is the opposite of what happens with men who have rounder faces.

My suggestion is to get a taper haircut with a medium length on the top of the head. Style the medium length up and with volume, be it as a messy hairstyle or Brush Up hairstyle.

Ah, thank you for the detailed response. This is most helpful! Are there any modern trends to the businessman look? I need something that's business friendly but yet I'm able to go out on Friday and Saturday and not look like a complete square.

I'm only 26 and I fear that this look may get me caught into being in it forever (?). Also, convenience is a factor... I don't want to spend crazy amounts of my time (over 10 minutes) to get the desired look.

If I provide pictures of my hair would you be able to provide recommendations? I'd like to try to keep the sides shorter if at all possible.
03-18-2015, 01:25 PM
Hair type and hair length are the most important factors for a hairstyle.
Well, the first thing would be identifying your hair type and hair length if you haven't already. Check out our male hair types guide and our hair length guide so as to identify your hair. It says in your profile that you have short straight hair, so in this case, you have plenty of room to play around with different hairstyles. A convertible haircut (i.e. a taper haircut) with 4 to 6 inches of hair length would allow you to keep it slicked and formal for your job while also allowing you to style it up and full for your off-work life.

Face shape plays a very minor role in selecting a hairstyle for men, so don't worry about your face shape. There's more to your face than how it looks straight from the front, and, unless you're talking to someone face to face, most people are going to be seeing your three-quarters profile or your full side profile, so it's pointless to pay so much attention to face shape.

I've upgraded your account so you can start a thread. Feel free to post pictures of your current situation.

Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Undercut hairstyle with longer sides to stop Asian hair from sticking out? pt3407 0 30 Yesterday 05:52 AM
Last Post: pt3407
  New Hairstyle ideas Snoopfrancis 1 52 12-06-2016 07:28 PM
Last Post: Snoopfrancis
  What hairstyle suits best! hadiawan 0 107 12-01-2016 12:45 AM
Last Post: hadiawan
  Help regarding a haircut (undercut) zorrocat1 0 286 10-30-2016 05:26 AM
Last Post: zorrocat1