Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Controlled messy look?
04-22-2014, 03:16 PM
Controlled messy look?
Saw these styles which I thought were pretty cool, and fancy experimenting with my hair again, any ideas on how I can pull these off effectively?

I have like all the hair tools/ products there is too have, so if anyone can mention what I should be using, that'd be much appreciated!

[Image: s2789g.png]

[Image: 5cyjow.png]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2014, 03:01 PM
RE: Controlled messy look?
Hair wax or mousse plus a hair dryer would be the essential tools to have to pull those hairstyles that you are referencing. Ideally, you'd have two or more hair waxes, hair fiber and/or hair mousse too as all these styling products are great for messy hairstyles with volume and controlled messiness, so to speak.

Try the TIGI hair wax, the Gatsby wax and something like the American Crew fiber (this specific one) as an add-on to what would be a great hair-shaping product arsenal to have in order to create the hairstyles that you are referencing.

If you have a hard time acquiring volume with the hair wax and fiber above (plus the hair dryer), then swap the hair wax and fiber for hair mousse and, specifically, this styling hair mousse. You will get some nice extra volume on your hair when using it with the hair dryer and that mousse in the link does a pretty good job at styling the hair like a wax would do.

Lastly, a hair dryer is an awesome all-round styling tool for men, and you would need a good hair dryer for those kind of hairstyles you are thinking of (i..e ones in the pictures). I recall you asking about similar hairstyles, so I don't know/remember if you already got yourself any of the hair dryers that we recommend.

If you didn't get a hair dryer yet, then this premium hair dryer is as close to "magic" as you will get when it comes to styling with a hair dryer. The issue when styling mens hair for volume (like in those pictures) with a hair dryer is that, more often than not, frizzy hair appears from the high uncontrolled heat of the hair dryer. The good thing about that hair dryer in the link is that it will actually tame the frizz (and NOT contribute to it!) whilst giving you a lot of controllable volume, which is awesome for creating a controlled messy hairstyle.

In terms of tousling, simply use your fingers while pointing the hair dryer to your hair. Coat the hair first with any of the styling products I have mentioned (wax, fiber or mousse), and then tousle the hair with the fingers as you blow dry. It won't take you long to get the style with those products and you'll be getting the hang of creating messy volume in no time Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-04-2014, 06:27 PM
RE: Controlled messy look?
By what i know all you have to do is use like a type of gel that is of good quality and i usually go to sleep with my hair wet so that it gets of less volume. then for the hair that you like i would wake up and with a blow dryer in hot i would style it with gel in my hair hope this helps c:

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Messy Hair Help Minfast 0 161 07-19-2016 12:32 PM
Last Post: Minfast
  How to Get Medium Length Messy Hair Style Help Minfast 2 1,094 06-23-2015 10:42 AM
Last Post: Minfast
  Messy quiff hairstyle, how to achieve this hair look? umirin 3 2,381 04-28-2015 06:35 AM
Last Post: tommiyeah
  Does such a hairstyle exist? Messy hair with metro mullet GoodHair 1 1,198 04-16-2015 06:26 AM
Last Post: Bradley