Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confused about retro hairstyles
06-16-2014, 06:30 AM
Confused about retro hairstyles
Hey guys. I am not a forum person, but I cannot figure out how to get my hair where I would like it to be.

I want to mimic Gregory Pecks look in the late 40s and early 50s. My hair is pretty thick yet soft, and 100% straight so I think I could pull it off.

I don't know how to post pictures yet so here is a link with my desired style.

The BIG problem I have is that every "retro" cut nowadays leaves the sides short and military-esque. But I don't want that look. I want the look with sides long and going back. It suits my face better and I want the look everyone used to have, not the modern "retro" look. But how do you explain that to a barber?

Instead, I usually get the Richie Cunningham, where the hair is long on the sides but comes down from the part on top. I hate this and have been called Ron Burgundy sporting a cut like this.

I would really like some expert advice on how to get my hair like they used to do and not like they do now.

If someone can help me figure out how to post a picture of my hair now I will.

Thanks a lot, guys.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  London barber sharing knowledge on mens hair and hairstyles! A London Barber 2 52 10-26-2016 05:12 PM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  New Member Interested In Hairstyles Men Hairstyles 0 654 05-27-2014 03:30 AM
Last Post: Men Hairstyles