Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confused about Henna
11-21-2015, 08:43 PM
Confused about Henna
Hi there,

I'm considering colouring my beard and since I don't want to go the chemical route on my face I've considered using Henna.

Now I have darkblond hair with a slightly darker beard. Depending on the light it also has a slight touch of red.

I do have a few gray hairs in my beard that irk me and that I wanna get rid of.

So while researching Henna I've come across some conflicting information.

Some say it doesn't cover gray, some say it does. Some say it washes out, some say it's permanent.

However, when you look at some of those South East Asian blokes that colour their hair with Henna it seems to be both covering gray and permanent, since they semm to all have gray beards and often it shows regrowth that seems to be weeks old.

So what is actually true? Frankly I'd love if it was permanent. I do only have a few grays and the regrowth won't be that much of an issue.

Also do I really need to leave it on for hours and wrap my face in plastic for it to work? Sounds like a pain in the neck!

Thanks for any advice!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Is henna drying out my hair? Zarli 0 144 07-27-2016 12:35 PM
Last Post: Zarli
  How to make henna and use henna to color male hair? Freddie 2 1,983 07-05-2015 09:07 AM
Last Post: ElenaTheBarber
  What is Henna? Is henna for men and ok for mens hairstyles? Cool Hair Guy 1 4,618 06-20-2015 01:36 PM
Last Post: ElenaTheBarber