Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coconut oil + Tea tree oil
09-29-2014, 02:07 PM
Coconut oil + Tea tree oil
So ive been looking on Amazon for both of these products as have heard they both are great for Skin/Hair + a lot of other things but there seems to be a lot of different ones on there (A lot of different types of coconut oil aswell)

I was wondering if any of you guys who know more about this would be able to link me to these two products , Im looking for the liquid coconut oil which can be used for skin / hair and just whatever Tea tree oil I can use for skin / hair aswell.

Cheaper the better aslong as they are both good products , If anyone could give me some advice on this or link me to some products that would be great , Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-2014, 04:31 PM
RE: Coconut oil + Tea tree oil
Just go to any health based or organic product carriers & check out the goods in person if you can. I use: Everland Organic coconut oil for cooking, my skin & hair. It is organic so it smells more coconutty than the non organic which can be a 2nd/3rd pressing of the coconut pulp which lessens the coconutty attributes or weakens the properties of the coconuts benifits.

My Caribbean friends turned me on to it years ago & I love it!.....It changes its density according to environmental temperature.It needs to be fairly warm for it to be in liquid format naturally & is usually in a soft waxy state like a light shortening or lard consistency. You can easily take a finger full,emulsify it by rubbing it between your palms, it melts down nicely & easily for distribution on skin/hair. It may look a bit greasy @ first & takes a good evening or so to absorb into the skin/hair. Be sure to start off with a tiny amount or wipe/blot on a towel after emulsifying if your hands seem super greasy from using too much b4 applying.

Tea tree oil is an astringent, having cleansing powers & a tingling sensation if used in strength for stimulation deeper into the hairs root/papilla under the outer skin layer. It promotes blood/lymph supply for nourishment to the hair & aids in removing any build-up/blockage of oils/products that can plug up the follicles & layer the scalps skin.

Again a health/vitimin store will carry more reputable brands that have a higher/purer product. Pure quality oil will smell very strong & herbaly sharp. It can be pricey but is worth it because you dilute it for particular use like adding a few drops to a conditioner or a skin cream, soap(hand pump or lathered etc.) a saline solution is also a good mixing base for using on bacterial growth,fungus etc. Or to use on ears. Do not apply straight out of the bottle to any open sores or broken skin, it stings like a Mother!

I use a local brand to Vancouver called Denman Island Tea tree oil you might not find to easily but the oil of oreagno oil I use is the more worldly brand:Hedd Wyn Essentials. See if they have a tea tree oil. Always go for the better quality because it is longer lasting by purity & has no-less un-needed weird chemicals/ingredients etc that can cause allergies in some folks plus you get to learn to make your own tailored strength of the product according to need. All quality oils(essences of herbs) will come in a dark amber-brown, or sometimes a dark blue glass bottle with a rubber tipped dropper top with a glass measure/dropper as plastic would get eroded by a quality product & the tint of glass, helps protect it from uv/light waves & heat waves that can alter the effectiveness of product potency.
Hope this helps you out!
09-29-2014, 11:56 PM
Thanks that helps a lot Smile

And yeah I will be diluting the Tea tree oil first , I have seen someone make a spray with tea tree oil , Coconut oil and water (I think that was it) and said it helped with Acne / scaring etc , Ive got rid of most of my acne etc recently but thought it would be worth a try to get my skin even better as I know both of the products when used correctly have good benefits for hair / skin.

I would also like to use the coconut oil on my hair as ive heard it helps grow your hair faster and makes it stronger / protects it etc?.

Ill have a look for those brands , I don't really have anywhere near me where they would have coconut oil / Tea tree oil , I have had a little look but cant find anything , Unless I go further away and see if they have anywhere that might provide them but Im just starting work today so wont really have the time. Ill see if any of the brands you mention are on Amazon , Or I wonder if there are specific online shops that provide things like that?

Anyway the information helped thanks.
09-30-2014, 12:01 AM
(09-29-2014 11:56 PM)Jonny Wrote:  Thanks that helps a lot Smile

And yeah I will be diluting the Tea tree oil first , I have seen someone make a spray with tea tree oil , Coconut oil and water (I think that was it) and said it helped with Acne / scaring etc , Ive got rid of most of my acne etc recently but thought it would be worth a try to get my skin even better as I know both of the products when used correctly have good benefits for hair / skin.

I would also like to use the coconut oil on my hair as ive heard it helps grow your hair faster and makes it stronger / protects it etc?.

Ill have a look for those brands , I don't really have anywhere near me where they would have coconut oil / Tea tree oil , I have had a little look but cant find anything , Unless I go further away and see if they have anywhere that might provide them but Im just starting work today so wont really have the time. Ill see if any of the brands you mention are on Amazon , Or I wonder if there are specific online shops that provide things like that?

Anyway the information helped thanks.

Just seen they were local brands sorry so wont be able to find them on Amazon , Any ideas on how I could get good quality products from online or would I have to wait until I get time and go look for somewhere that stocks them?
09-30-2014, 12:28 PM
Hiya Jonny I am sure the mods can hook you up with some products on Amazon. I do use both of those products on and off but I use them as part of the igngredients of the hair products or skin care products.

Are you looking for pure coconut oil and pure tea trea oil? I have found in the past that coconut butter worked very well in the past instead of oil. I have used the oil for cooking though Big Grin

If you read down the recommended hair products thread you will see that they have recommended a pure coconut butter. Don't know if you already saw it but I believe Themenshairforum has recommended that product to others in other threads too. Maybe worth trying that product as it is sold on Amazon for a really good price. I haven't tried that product but as said, pure coconut butter works really good for hair.

I have not tried pure tea tree oil though. Just as an ingredient in the formula of a product. If you read the recommended products thread in the link, they also recommend the Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner that has tea tree oil as a main ingredient. It is for dandruff but it works great for hair with no dandruff. I love it but It is not a cheap product Undecided

Elena
09-30-2014, 12:39 PM
(09-30-2014 12:28 PM)ElenaTheBarber Wrote:  Hiya Jonny I am sure the mods can hook you up with some products on Amazon. I do use both of those products on and off but I use them as part of the igngredients of the hair products or skin care products.

Are you looking for pure coconut oil and pure tea trea oil? I have found in the past that coconut butter worked very well in the past instead of oil. I have used the oil for cooking though Big Grin

If you read down the recommended hair products thread you will see that they have recommended a pure coconut butter. Don't know if you already saw it but I believe Themenshairforum has recommended that product to others in other threads too. Maybe worth trying that product as it is sold on Amazon for a really good price. I haven't tried that product but as said, pure coconut butter works really good for hair.

I have not tried pure tea tree oil though. Just as an ingredient in the formula of a product. If you read the recommended products thread in the link, they also recommend the Paul Mitchell shampoo and conditioner that has tea tree oil as a main ingredient. It is for dandruff but it works great for hair with no dandruff. I love it but It is not a cheap product Undecided

Elena

Yeah hopefully some Mods will see it and advise me , I know someone helped me with finding products on Amazon before (Jurgen maybe?) so hopefully someone will help.

Im don't know much about the different types of coconut oil / Tea tree oil but I do need the liquid coconut oil + Tea tree oil ( That only comes in liquid form I assume) , Though I think with the coconut oil it comes in a sold form and then you have to heat it to get it to a liquid?

The main use is going to be for a skin product , Combining the Coconut oil and Tea tree oil with water to use after cleaning my face , Which is meant to just get rid of Acne / scarring and help in many other ways I assume as both products are great for the skin , Then if there are any other benefits that I could use it for then I will.
09-30-2014, 01:08 PM
(09-30-2014 12:39 PM)Jonny Wrote:  Yeah hopefully some Mods will see it and advise me , I know someone helped me with finding products on Amazon before (Jurgen maybe?) so hopefully someone will help.

Im don't know much about the different types of coconut oil / Tea tree oil but I do need the liquid coconut oil + Tea tree oil ( That only comes in liquid form I assume) , Though I think with the coconut oil it comes in a sold form and then you have to heat it to get it to a liquid?

The main use is going to be for a skin product , Combining the Coconut oil and Tea tree oil with water to use after cleaning my face , Which is meant to just get rid of Acne / scarring and help in many other ways I assume as both products are great for the skin , Then if there are any other benefits that I could use it for then I will.

Coconut butter is great for skin. The difference with coconut oil is only that the coconut butter is solid but it is melted fast when you rub your hands together. Since you only need a small amount it is not an issue. The problem with the oil is that it is very easy to use too much. I am not talking from experience since I have not used coconut oil, but I have used other oils like olive oil for hair and skin and let me tell you it's so easy to get it all over the place and make a mess! Big Grin
10-02-2014, 09:12 AM
Sorry to bump but just wondering if any of the mods know any links for the products I am looking for ?

Thanks
10-02-2014, 11:21 AM
Jonny, both oils are great for both hair and skin as they have moisturizing properties as well as aid in lubricating the skin and hair (great for removing tangles).

Since you are in the UK, try the following, which are shipped from the UK:

- Try THIS tea trea oil. It's a pure tea tree oil.

- Try THIS coconut oil. Also a pure oil.

For those of you in the USA or other countries, you can also get the following:

- Try THIS tea tree oil. Another pure tea tree oil

- Try THIS coconut oil. Same as the above on from UK but shipped from the USA.

Bear in mind what has been said earlier: start with small amounts first (2 or 3 fingertip amounts and then, from there, gauge how much you need eventually). In any case, the products above will be a great asset to your hair care and skin care regimes!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
10-02-2014, 12:49 PM
(10-02-2014 11:21 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Jonny, both oils are great for both hair and skin as they have moisturizing properties as well as aid in lubricating the skin and hair (great for removing tangles).

Since you are in the UK, try the following, which are shipped from the UK:

- Try THIS tea trea oil. It's a pure tea tree oil.

- Try THIS coconut oil. Also a pure oil.

For those of you in the USA or other countries, you can also get the following:

- Try THIS tea tree oil. Another pure tea tree oil

- Try THIS coconut oil. Same as the above on from UK but shipped from the USA.

Bear in mind what has been said earlier: start with small amounts first (2 or 3 fingertip amounts and then, from there, gauge how much you need eventually). In any case, the products above will be a great asset to your hair care and skin care regimes!

Thanks TMHF , Ill order both as there a lot cheaper than I expected them to be , I know how to use for my intended used (Skincare) but as there both good for hair too I will be using them for that purpose aswell (Mainly the coconut oil) so what would be the best way to use that? , I think someone above said to rub it in your hands and then apply to your hair? , How long should I leave it on / when should I do it etc?
10-04-2014, 10:33 PM
You are in luck, because i joined this forum just at the right time :-) I have done tons of research into different oils and their manufacturing process, to find which is best to use for cosmetic as well as cooking uses. Here is what i finally wound up using....
Trader Joe's Organic Coconut oil, which you can buy at local store near you. I didn't study Tea tree oil, but as always, when it comes to oil, look for the cold-pressed oils, since this process of manufacturing yields better quality than the most commonly available type of oils. I have also found that Whole-foods sells good quality oils, and if you have a store near you, you can find tea-tree oil; but they are not as cheap as Trader joe's.

Like someone suggested above, i am trying out a misting spray on myself, which contains coconut oil, rose water + glycerine (whole foods) and distilled water. The ratio should be adjusted to your taste and needs. These are healthy solutions, compared to common junk hair sprays, for the economically minded.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Paul Mitchell tea tree pomade for wavy hair? overlyinterestedguy 1 598 08-12-2015 10:38 AM
Last Post: Panther
  Shampoo and conditioner that tingles like Paul Mitchell Tea Tree products i3oosted 0 665 07-15-2015 08:39 PM
Last Post: i3oosted
  Paul Mitchell tea tree hair gel Review (firm to strong hold) Sunset 0 1,470 09-14-2014 04:04 PM
Last Post: Sunset
  My review of Paul Mitchell Tea Tree thickening shampoo and conditioner James 1 2,293 09-03-2014 04:19 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum