Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Classic hairstyles for men - Names of styles
03-02-2015, 06:50 AM
Classic hairstyles for men - Names of styles
If you were to list all the classic hairstyles for men, which hair styles would you include? I know the classic term may be subjective but I'm talking of the popular mens hairstyles from the twenties to the sixties. These hairstyles are still used by folks nowadays, but back in those days it looked like hairstyles like the slicked back style & side swept were very popular.

Anyone who knows about vintage fashion can list the classic hairstyles for men?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2015, 12:26 PM
RE: Classic hairstyles for men - Names of styles
Well technically the only classic hairstyle is the taper cut with side part. That's what you would get at most barbershops if you asked for a classic haircut or a haircut for a classic hairstyle. I do know what you mean tho as you're talking of the classic gentleman fashion style and with that all the mens hairstyles that are associated with this fashion style.

I'm considering that you're referring to the vintage fashion/classic fashion of that era you mentioned in Europe and the US. I'm sure that men from other parts of the world had other favourite hairstyles.

My list of classic hairstyles:
  • Side part with taper cut
  • Side swept hair
  • Middle part with taper cut
  • Slicked back hair
  • Ivy League cut
  • Crew Cut
  • Regulation cut
I was also going to say the pompadour hairstyle and the quiff hairstyle but those were hairstyles for the rebels from those times. You could still label a pompadour as a classic hairstyle but it depends on what you interpret as classic. That's why I said that the classic hairstyle is really the side part with taper cut. Anyway that's my list Smile
03-04-2015, 08:57 AM
List of classic hairstyles for males.
The above reply from Bradley is spot on. What has been known through the decades as the classic haircut is none other than a taper haircut, which was then styled with a side part. This hairstyle has been with us for many, many decades and is as classic as it gets! Smile

On the other hand, one could group certain men's hairstyles from the early-to-mid 20th century as classic hairstyles. The list of classic hairstyles by Bradley is complete, although I would add the Undercut as a haircut that was commonly used in the Second World War, especially when the hair was slicked back.

I've gone through the list and added links to further useful discussions of each of the hairstyles.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Best tall men hairstyles and haircuts for great aesthetics A Tall Guy 1 104 10-20-2016 11:17 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
Heart How Good Wedding Hair Styles Make You Look Smarter? hair-style 5 437 08-19-2016 12:25 AM
Last Post: Cloud
  Hair Styles for Short, Wavy Hair TimothyClayton 0 346 05-20-2016 06:40 AM
Last Post: TimothyClayton
  How to get classic side part hairstyle with taper haircut Petarot100 0 591 04-16-2016 09:04 AM
Last Post: Petarot100