Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clark Gable hairstyle: How to ask for side swept haircut?
09-15-2015, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 09-15-2015 05:23 PM by dallasguy90.)
Clark Gable hairstyle: How to ask for side swept haircut?
I've been having the Clark Gable slicked hairstyle that suits me very well, it's just that every time I use pomade and comb my hair, the back side is never flat and just poofs out. From the front, my hair looks great however when I turn to the side the back is not so great.

I tried to post a pic of what i wanted but apparently I can't post a pic yet since I'm new.

How short would I have to cut my hair, or what specific part of my hair would need to be cut? I've taken a photo to my barber but he never gets it right.

Should I just ask the barber to cut the back shorter?

Moderator edit: Forum pictures of Clark Gable are provided by the moderator as relevant to the topic of the member's request.

[Image: etIzrn3.jpg]

[Image: nkxuG1q.jpg]

[Image: uDvRpej.jpg]

[Image: xk39rda.jpg]

[Image: Zw2g9Eo.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2015, 01:27 PM
RE: Clark Gable hairstyle: How to ask for side swept haircut?
Do not cut the hair on the back of the head that is giving your problems! That's the opposite of what you want to do. The longer that your hair is, the more pliable that it is.

You want your hair to lay flat so you need enough length for the pomade to put the hair on place. Depending on how long your hair is this will be easier for you or not. In the pictures of Clark Gable's side swept hairstyle his hair is easily four inches long. That was the minimum hair length used for the classic hairstyles like the side-swept hair style and the slicked-back hair style.

You haven't mentioned how long your hair is but if your hair isn't four inches long yet, then I would grow the hair to that length to ensure a smooth sweeping motion. Also what's you hair type? The side swept hairstyle of Clark Gable only works with straight hair and wavy hair. It doesn't work with coiled hair or kinky hair. If you don't know what your hair type is, there's a magnificent hair type guide in the forum that details all the aspects of the four men's hair types -- Sorry I can't post links as I'm new but if you search for the guide it's very easy to find as it's under the section for the best threads on men's hair and men's hairstyles.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tips for Cameron Dallas hairstyle and haircut with straight hair icey3333331 0 128 11-13-2016 01:49 PM
Last Post: icey3333331
  Josh Mario John Haircut, Hairstyles and Hair Guide with Pictures TheMensHairForum 3 393 10-23-2016 02:11 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Hair products for Donald Trump hairstyle and haircut? Curly Dude 1 446 10-09-2016 05:32 PM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
  Josh Earnest Hair Style - US Press Secretary's Hairstyle President Charisma 2 336 10-05-2016 07:46 PM
Last Post: President Charisma