Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chronicling my long hair journey
12-03-2015, 03:53 AM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2015 03:56 AM by jaysen_.)
Chronicling my long hair journey
Hello! First time to post here. I've been inspired a lot by the posts and individual hair growth journeys in this forum, so I decided to put up my own journal as well.

I can't post pictures yet, so I'll describe what I have done and been through so far for the meantime.

So earlier this year, around August, I decided to really grow my hair as much as I can. I have had several tries from before but I usually stop as soon as it grows to an unmanageable length (2 inches or so) ~ the awkward stage. I thought this stage, and those days leading to it were the worst hair days of my life so I always end up cutting the hair off.

For a change, I thought I'd try it again, with an inspiration to achieve for, Roger Federer's mane. He has nice, bouncy curly locks. And ever since I though I have wavy hair too, so maybe I can achieve the same head of hair like he can.

So I bought the Men's Hair Book eBook where I've learned loads of stuff. I found that I have a wavy type of hair, but it doesn't really wave as much. For a time, I've always wanted to have straight hair, because it was easier to style, but I told myself, to just learn to love what I have. Hence, I idolized Roger partly because he plays great tennis (I play too!), and his hair is awesome (and thinning as I am)!

So for the last couple of months I've been reading blogs, articles and this forum for tips on how to take care of my hair as it grows. I normally just use shampoo, and I apply it everyday. No conditioning. At all. Big Grin

Now, with all the inputs I got from the eBook and this forum, my usual routine is as follow:

1. Still in the cycle of identifying my optimal shampooing frequency. Currently at 1-day on, 3 days-off.
2. Condition with Agadir Argan Oil conditioner or pantene (usually after working out) everyday. Twice a day for most of the week as I shower almost twice a day, everyday.
3. I use a leave-on conditioner after.
4. Still use a cap to flatten the hair a little bit as it is still quite puffy like a muffin-top.

Any other advice would be very much welcome! Blush

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2015, 09:48 AM
RE: Chronicling my long hair journey
Finally. I thought I was the only one active here Wink Pictures would better describe your journey, so my suggestion would be to find moderator and ask him to approve your links or post images for You. Looking forward for your pictures Wink
12-03-2015, 06:42 PM
(12-03-2015 09:48 AM)Fantast1c Wrote:  Finally. I thought I was the only one active here Wink Pictures would better describe your journey, so my suggestion would be to find moderator and ask him to approve your links or post images for You. Looking forward for your pictures Wink

Hey, yeah! I've already prepared the pictures so I'm ready to go. Big Grin

I'm about 4 months in to this journey. Got a few questions here and there for the mods and/or experienced forum members as well.
12-07-2015, 10:58 PM
So I've noticed I have been having a lot of individual strands of coily hair popping out of my head. They seem like "fried" up hair from an otherwise mildly wavy head of hair.

Makes me think if I have been using a lot of products too much (conditioner, leave-on, hair mask, etc.)?
12-15-2015, 03:54 AM
(12-03-2015 06:42 PM)jaysen_ Wrote:  Got a few questions here and there for the mods and/or experienced forum members as well.

I'm quite new here as well, but hope to help as much as I can Smile
12-15-2015, 11:56 PM
(12-15-2015 03:54 AM)Fantast1c Wrote:  
(12-03-2015 06:42 PM)jaysen_ Wrote:  Got a few questions here and there for the mods and/or experienced forum members as well.

I'm quite new here as well, but hope to help as much as I can Smile

Hey man thanks! Not much mods going around lately, I think.

On my previous note in hair frizz, I noticed that I get less "fried-up" hair strands when I air-dry my hair, not use a towel. Still observing though, so not sure if the towel-drying is the real cause.

Is hair conditioning with conditioner once or twice a day alright?
12-28-2015, 12:42 AM
Also, is blowdrying wet hair with a diffuser and cold-air daily bad for the hair?
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Growing long hair (man bun) with fine hair type Bsrfitness 3 7,838 03-13-2016 02:01 PM
Last Post: Eetu00
  Short hair to long Journey shahrukhch1 21 9,402 12-15-2015 03:56 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c
  Long hair journey to growing a man bun! WesleyGarrett 5 1,806 09-18-2015 07:07 PM
Last Post: WesleyGarrett
  From Top Knot to new Pompadour or other Long Hairstyle ideas hicallmeadam 2 1,341 09-12-2015 11:17 AM
Last Post: Panther