Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Check out this Rockabilly hairstyle. What pomade to use?
02-19-2014, 01:50 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2014 01:50 PM by Stevens.)
Check out this Rockabilly hairstyle. What pomade to use?
Browsing around I took this picture of a Rockabilly hairstyle. I like the greaser hair look, very rare to see these days. What pomade do you guys recommend for this Rockabilly hairstyle? from what I can see and what I know about products this usually should be a strong hold pomade right?? but would a pomade with a water base do for this style or would a pomade with an oil base work better? assuming infrequent use as I am only looking to be styling this Rockabilly everyone in a while and not become a full on greaser Big Grin
It is a great look though and good thing its wavy hair approved too so not just for straight hair! i have the water pomade for my side swept hair but I would be up for getting a good pomade for styling Rockabilly and pompadours!

[Image: c2Kaqkh.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2014, 03:28 PM
RE: Check out this Rockabilly hairstyle. What pomade to use?
Now that's a cool Rockabilly-inspired style!

Yes, you have guessed correctly, a strong oil-based pomade will work better for this kind of hairstyle. Such hairstyles date many decades back when pomades were true greasy products Big Grin So young men adapted their hair styles to suit the products of the era.

A strong hold oil-based pomade will do very well, and this oil-based pomade will work like a charm and enhance any waves you create as per the hairstyle you posted in the picture or a Pompadour. It is also a premium pomade that is petrolatum free, getting its hold from the beeswax as well as essential oils used. The cheap oil-based pomades throw in lots of cheap hard-to-remove ingredients (including petrolatum), so go with the pomade in the link above for a solid high-quality oil-based pomade for your Rock n Roll 1950s inspired hair style!

Another good pomade that is also oil based and is oldschool and associated with the Rockabillies and its culture is this other oil-based pomade. It is similar to the pomade suggested above only that it is a bit harder to apply (warm it up rubbing your hands) but it is also somewhat cheaper when compared "price to weight": you're getting 7 ounces with the second pomade as opposed to 3 ounces for the first pomade although the first pomade is a premium pomade and I personally like it a lot and among my favorites.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What hairstyle suits best! hadiawan 0 96 12-01-2016 12:45 AM
Last Post: hadiawan
  Medium slickback hairstyle Gias98 0 296 10-20-2016 12:50 PM
Last Post: Gias98
  Help identify my hair for a new hairstyle gabriel777 2 316 10-18-2016 09:34 AM
Last Post: gabriel777
  Long hair side shaved grow to man bun hairstyle or top knot? darkguy2 3 321 10-17-2016 08:44 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz