Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing my hair up after many years!
02-18-2015, 01:02 PM
Changing my hair up after many years!
Hello all,

I'm new here and just registered onto the forum.

After about 5 years of getting a tape up with a fauxhawk on top, I've decided it's time to change.

About 3 months ago I tried a side part/comb over whatever it's referred to as but didn't like it once it grew in a little. (I think I was combing it wrong)

I also recently tried to grow my hair out for about 6-7 weeks which is a lot for me I usually get it cut every 2-3 weeks. So I'm very impatient with my hair because I'm so used to my faukhawk and getting my haircut so frequently and it looking very clean.

I want to grow my hair out for a slick back, best example I can give of a celebrity is Al Pacino from The Godfather.

I just can't seem to get passed the "awkward" stage. What is the best way in combating this? I have a job that requires me to look well groomed and presentable so I hate when it grows out and I try to style it and it just doesn't look right.

What are the best tips? Should I just try a side part until it's long enough to grow out and slick back?
I'm currently three weeks since my last haircut where I got a #2 on the side with a just above skin tape up. Scissored top faukhawk but it wasn't longer than a #4.

Thanks and excited to be here!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2015, 05:22 PM
RE: Changing my hair up after many years!
UPDATE:

About 3 more weeks of growing my hair out. 5 weeks since my last haircut I got around my ears and neck cleaned up. Everything else is untouched. Starting to fold over a little more. The back top of my head is still growing forward though hopefully a few more weeks and this will flop over also.

Also, sorry about the first post. Didn't mean to ask advice was just confused with the new board and didn't find the rules post until after my post was made.[/align]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Here for my first haircut in 8 years Rdam010 1 303 03-03-2016 11:38 AM
Last Post: Doworkgetbig
  It's been 10 years since I've grown my hair out itsme39 2 659 04-14-2015 11:13 PM
Last Post: itsme39