Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changed my beard style and found why my old facial hair was wiry
04-20-2016, 09:34 PM
Changed my beard style and found why my old facial hair was wiry
Since I started shaving I've had thick full beard available but have always stuck to the Van Dyke style and every few months I'd shave it down to nothing and start over again. This was because the hairs would get thick after certain length it seemed and would be thicker in girth and start to hurt at the touch. The hairs where well routed and very hard to pull as well as painful. So I shaved my beard every time this would happen.

I use moisturisers and trim and all that in the meantime, but nothing seems to help with the eventual course wiry and thickness. I also get similar hairs on top of my shoulders and upper back area and they are just as painful to have pulled off. I'd say at least 4 time as painful as a normal hair. I would say they are similar in texture and girth to a cat's whiskers. Now that I've grown the rest out, it's very soft like when I first start growing the Van Dyke facial hairstyle, but it's as long as the Van Dyke area is now. As I changed to a full beard after with a full shave so I assumed it grows at the same rate and it's is the same length. But it's thinner and resembles soft-like fur.

Does any one know why this happens or have a similar experience?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-13-2016, 12:21 PM
RE: Changed my beard style and found why my old facial hair was wiry
In time all of your beard hair will thicken as one completely. This will take some time though. As you age your beard hair strands actually change continuously even at my age, but a good beard balm and oil will help you with some of the unruly beard hair strands to keep them calm.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What beard trimmer? Hublocker 0 75 11-21-2016 04:42 PM
Last Post: Hublocker
  Can I grow skyrim beard Skyrimbeard 1 154 11-15-2016 11:47 AM
Last Post: Cemmos
  Patch in beard Zaryhf 0 224 10-15-2016 02:25 AM
Last Post: Zaryhf
  Facial hair taxonomy - Illustrative reference in sections The Hairstylist 0 211 10-09-2016 09:25 AM
Last Post: The Hairstylist