Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casual smoking damages hair? weaker hair or hairloss?
02-23-2015, 03:21 PM
Casual smoking damages hair? weaker hair or hairloss?
I just read in another thread of another forum member who mentions that his hair improved a lot from quitting smoking. For casual smokers how much does smoking damage hair? by casual smoking i'm taking once or twice a week with alcoholic drinks, nightlife style lol
I read the thread and i remember i had planned to ask that question way back in time cause of me starting to smoke more... lol oh and i'm talking of cigarette smoking not the other kind of smoking -- not that it would make a difference anyway.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-26-2015, 09:12 AM
Stop stressing about casual smoking and your hair health.
Machado, it's pretty much impossible to gauge the damage created to your hair by "casual smoking". First, we'd need to know the quantities and factors involved at any time you go about casually smoking Smile

Having said the above, smoking creates free radicals which is never a good thing for tissue such as the scalp. Smoking also constricts vessels, which means less nutrients reach your hair follicles. In fact, the OTC medication minoxidil/Rogaine works by enhancing the nutrient delivery to the follicles, and this the hair regrowth or hair-loss halting properties experienced with this compound.

I'd simply up my nutrient intake if casually smoking, at least a day in advance, during the day of casual smoking and the day after, with nutrients such as vitamin C and zinc. However, that would be overkill, and you'd probably be stressing yourself out thinking about how much your precious follicles could be being damaged as you're out and about having a good time with friends and smoking.

If you're going to smoke for a day, don't worry about. The vast majority of visible/palpable damage to the hair follicles is caused over the long term and quantities surpassing "a pack per day".

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
02-28-2015, 02:19 PM
RE: Casual smoking damages hair? weaker hair or hairloss?
Yeah i think i'm in paranoid mode with my hair. What i will do is load up on vitamin c, fish oil or cod liver oil, zinc with copper to avoid zinc imbalance and vitamin e for the full antioxidant boost.
The amount of cigarettes that i smoke in a night out partying is proportional to how much i drink lol but i would say that it's about half a pack smoked over any given night out...
About the Rogaine that is something worth testing but right now i'm short of money like your typical college student, had to stop part time job due to exams. Got a new part time job lined up so going to look into it if i have some bucks left from buying my regular hair products Big Grin
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to use hair trimmer for a hair thinning haircut? Lorenn 3 1,441 06-02-2016 02:35 PM
Last Post: claus
  Differences Between Thick Hair and Thin Hair? GoodHair 10 30,211 12-18-2015 08:30 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c
  How to turn Curly hair into Straight hair? Straightening tips joserijo 1 1,240 09-25-2015 11:30 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
Lightbulb Hair coloring tips for men to get and dye cool hair colors! Mane Man 1 1,222 07-05-2015 01:17 PM
Last Post: ElenaTheBarber