Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we use aftershave after shaving hair on head?
10-27-2014, 07:57 AM
Can we use aftershave after shaving hair on head?
I wanted to ask this question in a separate, can we use aftershave after shaving the head? my theory is that head hair is on skin after all and just like facial hair. So it should be ok after head shaving... right? or would it be better to not use aftershaves or anything else after shaving the head?

Thanks and sorry for the many questions in other thread Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2014, 10:43 AM
RE: Can we use aftershave after shaving hair on head?
Yes of course but only use a good aftershave. You will be getting some small nicks and even mild cuts when shaving your head since you won't be able to see it as good as you see your face. This can make you mishandle the razor and cut yourself. So you will need an aftershave that helps with healing wounds and that also keeps the skin moisturized for maximum protection.

I replied to a thread with a list of the best aftershaves so you can have a look there for a good range of aftershave for men that will take care of your scalp when head shaving. Your chances of skin irritation and cuts is higher with your scalp than with your face so it makes sense to buy a good after shave and not one of those aftershaves that are based on alcohol alone and that all they do is giving you a refreshing feeling from all the alcohol in them.
11-18-2014, 09:44 PM
I found my head to be more prone to flake and peel after shaving it smooth with a razor. I prefer an alcohol based aftershave for my face, but found as Sunset said that a moisturizing cream like Nivea Men's Care After Shave Balm to be quite soothing on my scalp. I would recommend a good going over with an alum block first, a quick rinse, and then the balm.
01-15-2015, 11:22 AM
yeah I've done it before and there is nothing wrong with that.
03-07-2015, 09:18 AM
Aftershave use with head shaving is absolutely fine.
Like the rest of forum members have said. You can indeed use aftershave after shaving your head. Just make sure that you use a moisturizing aftershave if your skin is sensitive.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
03-08-2015, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2015 10:12 AM by Robert.)
Yes I have shaved my head before lots of times. More like the sides of the head for example with a hi fade haircut. Also for the recon haircut, now that's a badass mens haircut.

When I shaved my head i didn't use aftershave. What i used was a product with aloe vera gel. That worked for me really well to shave my head. For shaving my face i will use an aftershave. Maybe i will try using the aftershave for the next time i happen to shave my head but i doubt it will make any major difference. I will probably forget to use the after shave anyway as i always do with all these mens grooming things ha!
12-18-2015, 07:20 AM
It's OK. A friend of mine is doing it each time.
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Straight Razor Shaving Unshorn 14 3,897 10-07-2016 11:08 AM
Last Post: Joseph.davidson
  Wet shaving for acne prone, sensitive skin. PhoKingTasty 2 1,660 05-20-2016 06:49 AM
Last Post: TimothyClayton
  Organic shaving cream for men? Lordius 5 1,614 12-16-2015 09:50 AM
Last Post: Fantast1c
Lightbulb Hair Head Shaving Tips for Men from Experienced Barbers Sunset 1 2,122 06-28-2015 09:05 AM
Last Post: Bradley