Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't Decide on a New Haircut
09-15-2013, 05:01 PM
Can't Decide on a New Haircut
Hi guys,

For the last few weeks or so, I've been thinking about a new haircut. But, I really don't know what to go with or what'd suit me.

Any suggestions or ideas you have would be great!

Thanks

[Image: Photoon12-08-2013at2139_zpsae8e00ac.jpg]
[Image: Photoon12-08-2013at21392_zps976c55ca.jpg]
[Image: Photoon12-08-2013at21395_zpsbae8c907.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-16-2013, 09:56 PM
RE: Can't Decide on a New Haircut
Danny, it's difficult to tell you because the hairstyle should always be shaped around the person not the other way around. Let me ask you:

What are your hobbies?
Do you play sports?
Any favorite music genre?
DO you have any limits on what hairstyle to choose? (parents, maybe girlfriend doesn't like some hairstyles etc?)

I can see you with an Undercut, have you looked in our Undercut hairstyle thread? That or a Gatsby hairstyle, which is a side swept hairstyle. You already have the hair length for the Undercut and Gatsby although for the Undercut you will have to buzz your sides and back (fairly easy to do, and if you buy your own hair clipper, it's even more convenient).

Let us know a bit more about you and also tell us any hairstyles you like about any celebrities or hairstyles you kinda like Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
09-17-2013, 10:44 AM
(09-16-2013 09:56 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Danny, it's difficult to tell you because the hairstyle should always be shaped around the person not the other way around. Let me ask you:

What are your hobbies?
Do you play sports?
Any favorite music genre?
DO you have any limits on what hairstyle to choose? (parents, maybe girlfriend doesn't like some hairstyles etc?)

I can see you with an Undercut, have you looked in our Undercut hairstyle thread? That or a Gatsby hairstyle, which is a side swept hairstyle. You already have the hair length for the Undercut and Gatsby although for the Undercut you will have to buzz your sides and back (fairly easy to do, and if you buy your own hair clipper, it's even more convenient).

Let us know a bit more about you and also tell us any hairstyles you like about any celebrities or hairstyles you kinda like Smile

Thanks for your reply! Smile

Well, my hobbies are stuff like music (I play guitar, etc), favourite music genre's rock/indie. Haven't really got any limits.

I was thinking about an undercut, but wasn't sure whether it'd suit me or not.
09-17-2013, 04:04 PM
mate, undercut NOW

You have the hair for an undercut and you're temples are vertical, a good sign for an undercut.
Tell your barber to buzz the underrcut with a #2, then tell him to leave you a quiff: trim your crown a bit tapered to the front, basically you've the hair longer on the front.
Style the quiff with wax, maybe pomade but you have the hair for wax IMO.
Jurgen (a mod here) covered the hairstyle of Brendon Urie, style the har like him with the undercut, go here http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...d-haircuts
Buy the hair products Jurgen recommended, he recommends pomade which I agree but also buy the hair wax he posted and experiment with the pomade and wax to style your quiff.
You want something like this
[Image: BrendonUrie-PanicAtTheDisco2013.jpg]

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
09-17-2013, 04:06 PM
This undercut hairstyle

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-17-2013, 04:30 PM
looks like you already have some good length, that's always good!
09-18-2013, 03:45 AM
(09-17-2013 04:06 PM)Barber Wrote:  This undercut hairstyle

Thanks!
Yeah, I think I like that. Smile
09-18-2013, 11:52 AM
(09-17-2013 04:04 PM)Barber Wrote:  mate, undercut NOW

You have the hair for an undercut and you're temples are vertical, a good sign for an undercut.
Tell your barber to buzz the underrcut with a #2, then tell him to leave you a quiff: trim your crown a bit tapered to the front, basically you've the hair longer on the front.
Jurgen (a mod here) covered the hairstyle of Brendon Urie, style the har like him with the undercut, go here http://www.menshairforum.com/talk/Thread...d-haircuts
Buy the hair products Jurgen recommended, he recommends pomade which I agree but also buy the hair wax he posted and experiment with the pomade and wax to style your quiff.

+1, have I told you I Heart having you on this board ShyBig Grin

Listen to Barber, he knows what he's talking about. Like he said you have vertical temples which is a must for getting a good undercut.

BTW how is your hair grooming? Might be worth buying The Men's Hair Book as Rogelio Samson goes a long length explaining shampoos, conditioners, hairstyles etc - he is also a mod here and has a couple of good sites explaining his stuff. Our forum is new so we are still growing in content covering grooming, hair care etc but that book is worth buying if you want to have everything important about your hair in one place.

Don't forget to update us, be cool to see your Undercut and you can try the styling with a wax and then a pomade, we'd be happy to help you here telling you which one looks better etc bro Wink

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
09-18-2013, 12:20 PM
(09-18-2013 11:52 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(09-17-2013 04:04 PM)Barber Wrote:  mate, undercut NOW

+1, have I told you I Heart having you on this board ShyBig Grin

Listen to Barber, he knows what he's talking about. Like he said you have vertical temples which is a must for getting a good undercut.

BTW how is your hair grooming? Might be worth buying The Men's Hair Book as Rogelio Samson goes a long length explaining shampoos, conditioners, hairstyles etc - he is also a mod here and has a couple of good sites explaining his stuff. Our forum is new so we are still growing in content covering grooming, hair care etc but that book is worth buying if you want to have everything important about your hair in one place.

Don't forget to update us, be cool to see your Undercut and you can try the styling with a wax and then a pomade, we'd be happy to help you here telling you which one looks better etc bro Wink

I'll look into that!

Yeah I'll update you. Probably won't be getting it cut for another week or so. Smile
09-20-2013, 06:58 PM
(09-18-2013 11:52 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  +1, have I told you I Heart having you on this board ShyBig Grin

LOL a couple of times now...

Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Help regarding a haircut (undercut) zorrocat1 0 290 10-30-2016 05:26 AM
Last Post: zorrocat1
  Haircut fix Pgreene431 1 194 10-28-2016 02:26 PM
Last Post: Sertinjo
  Widow peak(Short haircut) Alexander 0 221 10-24-2016 06:21 PM
Last Post: Alexander
  Frohawk hairstyle and haircut: How to, Pictures TheMensHairForum 10 21,054 10-10-2016 08:45 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum