Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can long wavy hair for men be colored? 12 inch wavy curls!
09-21-2015, 01:07 AM (This post was last modified: 09-21-2015 01:08 AM by Floriant.)
Can long wavy hair for men be colored? 12 inch wavy curls!
Hi guys I'm Floriant and I'm 19 years old. I want to color my 12-inch brown wavy hair, but I don't know what color will be the best for my long wavy curls, can you advise me on the best hair color for long wavy men's hair?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2015, 10:16 AM
Use the ombre coloring method, highlights or henna to change your hair's color.
It's absolutely fine to color hair as long as 12 inches. Look at it this way: women's hair is the same as men's hair, so anything that works on women's hair will work (and sometimes even better) on men's hair.

The best thing to do here is to go to a hair salon (even if it isn't a unisex hair salon) and ask for your hair to be colored. Considering that you have brown hair, then a lightening of your natural hair color with dark blonde highlights would work petty well.

You can also opt for the ombre coloring method by which your hair is also lightened so as to change in tone and not color. The ombre coloring method has been very popular among women over the last 5 years and all hair salons will be able to color your hair with the ombre method.

To give you an idea of how one's own natural color is faded in a lighter manner, have a look at these 2 pictures of Gisele Bundchen and Khloe Kardashian, who have been known for coloring their hair through the ombre method. As said, if it works on women, it will work on men, hence it's always a good idea to reference examples of women who have the same long hairstyle or hair color that you'd like to get.

[Image: 461px-Gisele_Bundchen2_cropped.jpg]

[Image: 405px-Khloe_Kardashian_2011.jpg]

As for men, Jared Leto has worn the ombre hair color back when he had long hair in 2014 when he would also wear his long mane in a man bun hairstyle or in a ponybun style. See the picture below of Jared Leto's ombre hair color.

[Image: otxduQ4.jpg]

If you would rather add an earthy reddish color to your hair, then you can try henna. Go through this guide on how to use henna for men's hair as you will learn all the steps to using henna effectively to give your naturally-brown hair a lighter tone while adding some dark-red cues to your hair.

Henna is a natural product and it is very cheap when bought online, so it's worth considering the use of henna to alter your hair color in a subtle-but-cool manner. Using henna is very easy, although you can always ask a hairdresser at a hair salon to color you hair with henna if you would rather have a professional do it.

Lastly, you can change your hair color completely, but this is something that I would avoid if you care about your hair. The usual method to change one's own hair color is to fist bleach the hair and then use different hair dyes to achieve the desired hair color. However, this process damages the hair to some extent, and, while damaging hair that is only 4 inches long is fine as it grows back fast, damaging 12 inches of hair length is not something most long haired guys look up to as 12 inches of hair length is about 2 years of hair growth (plus going through the infamous awkward hair stage!).

Following from the above, if you end up bleaching your hair to radically change the color of your hair, you will have to pay more attention to the use of a good shampoo and a good conditioner since you will need to be more careful with your daily hair care. This means that you should be using a conditioner at least 4 times per week and that you should avoid tight hairstyles like the top knot or the man bun so as to avoid breaking your hair from the pulling tension exerted on the weakened/damaged hair strands.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Method to turn Curly hair into Wavy hair for Men - Hair Product Trick Bradley 2 10,794 09-28-2016 01:13 AM
Last Post: PinkChili
  How long to grow medium afro hairstyle for wavy hair? R.mendez099 1 387 07-30-2016 01:56 AM
Last Post: PrettyboiJ21
  Help for growing out wavy voluminous hair! M.R88 0 250 07-21-2016 03:26 AM
Last Post: M.R88
  Long Curly Hairstyles For Men Guide with Pictures Gallery TheMensHairForum 2 681 06-11-2016 11:39 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum