Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can hair colour change naturally in men?
05-22-2013, 02:29 PM
Can hair colour change naturally in men?
Is there a way to change hair colour naturally, say thru food or vitamins? Not that i'm looking to do so myself but more of a curiosity thing. I've noticed thru the years some people fade in hair colour especially as they aged. Any truth to this?
Cheers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2013, 02:53 PM
RE: Can hair colour change naturally in men?
Not that I know of no. I would attribute any loss of hair tone to graying as it makes hair look lighter in tone until the hair is showing a grayish color.

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
05-22-2013, 03:18 PM
The only "natural" way to change hair color is using henna which is a vegetable dye. And as barber said, aging (if you want to call that natural Big Grin )

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-22-2013, 05:31 PM
(05-22-2013 03:18 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  The only "natural" way to change hair color is using henna which is a vegetable dye. And as barber said, aging (if you want to call that natural Big Grin )
Awesome! any good sources to buy henna from?
05-22-2013, 07:23 PM
(05-22-2013 05:31 PM)Anton Wrote:  
(05-22-2013 03:18 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  The only "natural" way to change hair color is using henna which is a vegetable dye. And as barber said, aging (if you want to call that natural Big Grin )

If you want purely natural henna, then try either this one or this other one (from Amazon).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-24-2013, 09:15 PM
(05-22-2013 07:23 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(05-22-2013 05:31 PM)Anton Wrote:  

If you want purely natural henna, then try either this one or this other one (from Amazon).

Yes, Henna is an excellent way to dye your hair. I'v bought some in the past from one of those quoted suppliers (2nd one).

Just take into account that Henna can stain just about anything when applying it so make sure you're not wearing a shirt you like when applying the Henna.

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
05-31-2013, 06:03 PM
OK, made the decision to buy henna online as I was also thinking of getting my hair "bleached" or whatever it is hairdressers do to get the hair looking less dark. The henna is on its way and Ill give it a try as soon as it gets here, if not then Ill be going to the hairdresser.
06-02-2013, 07:49 PM
I am happy the other forum members have helped in your decision, Anton.

Good luck with it.
06-24-2013, 12:02 PM
nice, the henna is working to just mildly alter my hair colour in a positive way. Looks barely noticeable but thats what i wanted anyway. My hair seems to be shinning a bit more, is this a positive effect of henna too?
07-06-2013, 05:16 PM
Lol so much for curiosity
10-07-2013, 04:34 AM
Mine gets auburn highlights in summer. A perk of having a raven-haired mother and a redheaded father, I guess.
10-07-2013, 06:39 AM
THe sun could also effect your haircolor
10-07-2013, 01:10 PM
(10-07-2013 04:34 AM)Niebuhr Wrote:  Mine gets auburn highlights in summer. A perk of having a raven-haired mother and a redheaded father, I guess.

(10-07-2013 06:39 AM)EmreYOrhan Wrote:  THe sun could also effect your haircolor

Yes this is true.

Hair color tends to fade away in tone in summer when you're usually exposed to more sunlight, sea water and swimming pool water Smile Also the sun reflects better since there's more which enhances the ilusion of lighter colored hair during summer.

Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Tongue How to change direction of stubborn hair? choco00934141 2 2,455 09-15-2014 05:17 PM
Last Post: rob80