Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can guys use Henna for facial hair or beard coloring?
06-20-2015, 10:04 AM
Can guys use Henna for facial hair or beard coloring?
So I'm reading about the natural hair color product called Henna and I started a thread here asking about what is henna. Can we use henna on facial hair or beard?

I posted that other thread on the natural hair section of the forum so it's more geared towards using henna for scalp hair and for hairstyles. So I thought asking this question on a new there here on the facial hair section of the forum would get better replies. I think I've read somewhere in the forum that it is fine to use henna to color a beard. But it would not be the first time that I get myself confused with something else when reading new stuff so I would much rather listen to what any of the barbers or hairdressers in the forum have to say! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2015, 02:12 PM
RE: Can guys use Henna for facial hair or beard coloring?
I have used henna a lot to colour my hair naturally but I haven't used it on facial hair because I don't have any! as a female hairdresser I guess that's the one thing I can't talk through experience with it. I have worked with some barbers who did dye their beards with henna.

The trick to dye your hair with henna is to have enough length. You need at least three inches of beard length as otherwise you're bound to get the henna on your face and you don't want to get your face with a 'nice' yellow-ish taint on it.

Henna is used in south Asian countries and west Asian countries by men to dye their beards. See this picture of a man with his beard dyed with henna. The colour is a bit too bright for my liking but you can get the colour much darker to an earthy colour or simply have the henna enhance your actual beard colour. It depends how much of it you use. I've posted in your other henna hair thread about how henna is used. You might want to check that thread out and if you have more questions about using henna to colour your hair or beard, then I will see how I can help.

[Image: d7d6c29068506d745059b901c7a0e13b.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What beard trimmer? Hublocker 0 80 11-21-2016 04:42 PM
Last Post: Hublocker
  Can I grow skyrim beard Skyrimbeard 1 165 11-15-2016 11:47 AM
Last Post: Cemmos
  Patch in beard Zaryhf 0 225 10-15-2016 02:25 AM
Last Post: Zaryhf
  Facial hair taxonomy - Illustrative reference in sections The Hairstylist 0 213 10-09-2016 09:25 AM
Last Post: The Hairstylist