Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caffeine shampoos, are they worth?
05-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Caffeine shampoos, are they worth?
Sorry for this second question but I have so many questions about my hair loss! Huh

I've read about caffeine shampoos being helpful for hair loss, what is the general consensus on this board with regards to these shampoos? Can they be used alone or are they better paired with other hair loss products?

Thanks you again.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2013, 08:27 PM
RE: Caffeine shampoos, are they worth?
Hello Vladimir and welcome to The Men's Hair Forum!

Caffeine shampoos can help in slowing down hair loss when used with other products designed to tackle male pattern baldness. You should be considering minoxidil (as a foam), a good multivitamin and then look into a shampoo that contains caffeine and/or other potentially beneficial ingredients like tea tree oil, zinc, salicylic acid and/or ketoconazole. A caffeine shampoo alone won't yield much effect, if any.
05-11-2013, 04:03 PM
So is minoxidil a good product to use if I combine it with caffeine shampoo?
05-11-2013, 07:28 PM
(05-11-2013 04:03 PM)Vladimir Wrote:  So is minoxidil a good product to use if I combine it with caffeine shampoo?

Correct Vladimir. I would focus on first getting a minoxidil product (not shampoo), then use a caffeine shampoo on top of that.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-11-2013, 07:36 PM
(05-11-2013 07:28 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(05-11-2013 04:03 PM)Vladimir Wrote:  So is minoxidil a good product to use if I combine it with caffeine shampoo?

Correct Vladimir. I would focus on first getting a minoxidil product (not shampoo), then use a caffeine shampoo on top of that.

Thanks!
05-12-2013, 03:10 PM
Wow, they make shampoos with caffeine in it these days?
05-12-2013, 05:17 PM
(05-12-2013 03:10 PM)Robert Wrote:  Wow, they make shampoos with caffeine in it these days?

Yep, and they have even crazier ingredients on other shampoos for hair loss Big Grin

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-26-2013, 04:08 PM
(05-10-2013 08:20 PM)Vladimir Wrote:  Sorry for this second question but I have so many questions about my hair loss! Huh

I've read about caffeine shampoos being helpful for hair loss, what is the general consensus on this board with regards to these shampoos? Can they be used alone or are they better paired with other hair loss products?

Thanks you again.

Topical caffeine in the right dose is one of those ingredients that can potentially work if delivered correctly. I even mention topical caffeine specifically in both my books as one of those ingredients that can potentially aid in battling male pattern baldness when used as part of an optimal hair-loss regimen (including nutrition).

Unfortunately most topical-caffeine shampoos I have seen are pretty poor and look like they are just shampoos with a whole bucketload of shady ingredients thrown in to try and hope one of the ingredients work.

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
05-26-2013, 05:12 PM
So Rogelio do you think tea tree oil shampoo works for hair loss because tea is supposed to contain caffeine?
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------