Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHI flat iron review
09-12-2014, 11:33 AM
CHI flat iron review
Since I am into hair styling tools and facial hair trimmers, I thought I would let you all know about the CHI hair straighteners. Lots of hair straightener discussions in the forum and I provided y'all with a top 5 list of hair straighteners of which one is CHI hair straightener.

Noticed that more of you guys are using straighteners aka flat irons, so I wanted to post this CHI hair straightener review. Not from me but from a woman, but as y'all know if it works for a woman it will damn work for a dude!The review is one I found online and one I think it deserves to be posted here as I think we need more hair styling tools reviews especially the ones mostly used by women because they are very useful and they sure are of use to men too.

The lady in the CHI flat iron review below is pretty happy with it and I've found for myself that the CHI brand of flat irons is pretty good without some of the higher absurd prices I have seen for other brands. Personally I also vouch for CHI hair straighteners. For any of you considering buying a hair straightener as a dude, hope this one helps.

Since the texture of my hair is very fine, most products just weighed it down. I tried most of the gels, conditioners and other hair products that are formulated for frizzy hair. In my experimenting, I tried salon quality products and products from department store shelves. Nothing really helped. Either my hair kept its unrelenting frizz or the product weighed my hair down so much that it looked like I had gone a week without washing it -not a pretty sight.

When flat irons came on the scene, I was skeptical, but decided to try it. After all, what did I have to lose except frizzy hair (and a few more dollars). I tried a fairly inexpensive flat iron and it did help some...I was still frizzy, but not as bad. I used a product for flat irons too. Then, just out of pure luck, I was able to use a friend's Chi Flat Iron and her Chi Iron Guard -a product made just for flat ironing your hair. I couldn't believe it -my frizz was gone. But, I really wanted to see if it was a fluke...would my hair stay tame all day? Would I be able to do this everyday? Did I have time for working with my hair each day?

I purchased a Chi Flat Iron and a couple of bottles of Chi Iron Guard. I have been pleased. For starters, the iron heats up in just about one minute. The heat is constant and gives me a nice straight hairstyle. The Chi Iron Guard spray has really helped to protect my hair. Since I use high heat -both in blow drying and straightening my hair, I knew I had to find a product that would keep my hair healthy, unburned and free of breakage. The Iron Guard spray has really lived up to the challenge.

I use my Chi Flat Iron and Iron Guard Spray almost every day. My hair is healthy and I have never burned it. It only takes a light all-over spraying with the iron guard and then I separate my hair into about 2 inch sections. It only takes one pass of the iron to give me straight, frizz-free hair. I don't even have to spray my hair when I am finished. I literally wash and condition my hair each morning and then blow dry it. Yes, I use a Chi Blow Dryer too! It has been a huge time saver. Once dry, I give it a mist of iron guard and run the flat iron over sections of my hair. I give it a light brush through and I am finished. I don't use any other products on my hair. And, for the first time that I can even remember, I don't feel extremely self-conscience about my hair and appearance.

If you have frizzy hair and haven't been able to get it under control, it would at least be worth the effort to see if using a straight iron would help. I've tried several brands and really do believe the Chi iron is worth the money. It cost about 3 times what I paid for the others, but it has been worth every single penny.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Thumbs Up Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable clipper review - Epic! Curly Dude 2 1,800 07-14-2016 05:22 PM
Last Post: djbumrush
  Blackship water based pomade by Flagship review Charms434 0 888 11-16-2015 01:34 PM
Last Post: Charms434
  Teddy Boy Original Water Based Pomade - Product Review Charms434 0 586 11-16-2015 10:49 AM
Last Post: Charms434
  By Vilain hair wax, Dynamite Clay and Gold Digger review? plate870 0 910 10-06-2015 06:34 PM
Last Post: plate870