Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
By Vilain Hair Wax Products - Gold Digger review?
05-18-2015, 05:40 AM
By Vilain Hair Wax Products - Gold Digger review?
Hi there,
I am tempted to get one of the "By Vilain" hair waxes. I have heard that the products are good by them, though was wondering what your thoughts are on the waxes by them, as I cannot find many people mentioning about them on this forum.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2015, 08:48 AM
RE: By Vilain Hair Products
I disliked their Gold Digger product and I think there are much better products like hair waxes out there.
I'm not a hairstylist and I would call myself a hair product noob compared to many of the guys here -- not to mention the barbers and hairdressers in the forum -- but i've found the hair wax from Tigi to be a lifesaver as it's a wax that doesn't make a lot of noise and hype but it has impressed me a lot. I'm new to the textures from good hair waxes and I love the fact that you can get a natural texture that sill allows you to get a strong grip and shape for any hairstyle. I was a hair gel dude most of my life so when I found out that I could achieve the hard hair look and the wet hair look without having my hair all dried out I was pleasantly surprised!

Other hair products that have surprised me so far are Suavecito with their pomade and Gatsby with their hair waxes. I also recently tried one of the wax pomades that was recommended in another thread and I was surprised with the pomade viscosity of the wax but at the same time it left my hair with a wet effect and light which isn't something you can achieve with pomade (the light hair part).

When you have reliable hair products that work as expected like Tigi or Suavecito... why else would you pay more money for an inferior product then? i may try another product of theirs too but just in the name of experimenting! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mens Hair Products: Quick Useful 101 Guide The Hairstylist 1 168 Yesterday 03:51 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
Smile Are there good products to dye your beard orange? Duaov 1 132 09-16-2016 04:55 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  If you could solve one problem with male hair products what would it be and why? TotalHairNoob 0 167 08-08-2016 07:40 AM
Last Post: TotalHairNoob
  What styling hair products Jax Teller uses (Charlie Hunnam)? SAMCRO 11 35,703 07-19-2016 08:21 AM
Last Post: beardlover