Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying hair products + haircare products
05-02-2014, 10:50 AM
Buying hair products + haircare products
Ok so im looking for a shampoo and condionter that I can use for a long time and im also looking for the best wax to style my hair , I have had a look in the best hair products post , Though I have seen many other products that have worked for other people at a much lower price so im not sure what would be best , I have around £40 to spend and i don't want to be spending a lot each month re-buying products so i would like some help.

So the items im looking at buying

Shampoo - $15 0r £8

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GG0...ag=atft-20

Conditioner - $10 or £6

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0032Z2...ag=atft-20

Wax 1 - $10 or £6

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002N5M...ag=atft-20

Wax 2 - $9.60 or £5.69

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000V2A...ag=atft-20

Wax 3 - $9.60 or £5.69

Wax 4 - $9.60 or £5.69

So in all that comes to around £35 and im not sure how much delivery is , Is that list ok and how long should the products last , Should i get rid of anything / add anything?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2014, 01:42 PM
RE: Buying hair products + haircare products
I think that is fine. Getting the 4 waxes will give you wide range of styling choices so thats good.
You have short hair, right? as in shorter than 2 inches. If you plan on growing your hair a bit longer, like 4 inches which is what was suggested in your thread, then a solid water based pomade is a good option to have. For my voting as a starter pomade I would get this Layrite one cause it is easy to wash off & it gives a very slick appearance to the hair with shine - but not excessive shine. It has good hold too so you can use this pomade for side parts a& for the modern slick back when your hair is longer than 2 inches.

Another product you can get is The Men's Hair Book. It's the only reading out of 2 books we recommend in this forum cause the book has everything you need to excel with your hair. Well the other book we recommend in the forum is The CUrly Hair Book but apparently you have straight hair so The Men's Hair Book is a better option. You can get it as a Kindle - you know, the ebook thingy of Amazon - or you can get the book as a paper-back. I have the 2 versions but the paper-back book is very nice & looks good in a book shelf so maybe also get that one.

You may be interested in a hair clipper but that is if you are willing to cut your own hair. Some guys prefer to go to the barber especially if they require complex haircuts like taper haircuts. However if you like undercuts - where you use just one clipper length to clip all your hair under the temples - or if you like any of the military haircuts & buzz cuts, then get a good hair clipper. You can read thru our hair clipper recommendations discussion for the range we recommend although if you have the money for it, either the cordless Andis or the Oster 76 - with cord - are the best 2 hair clippers you can buy & they will be with you for years.

Because your buying from US Amazon then you may also want to get a hair dryer. But only get a hair dryer if you will be growing your hair to at least medium length - 2 to 6 inches or more - as a hair dryer for short hair - less than 2 inches - is not much needed.

But anyway what I have said above is in an ideal world. Since you have limits in spending, then go with what you have in your list. I edited this to say you already got The Men's Hair Book which is great as that is the only thing I would say was a needed add-on to your list. So yea go & get those products in your list, they are pretty good for now! Smile
05-02-2014, 02:31 PM
(05-02-2014 01:42 PM)Jurgen Wrote:  I think that is fine. Getting the 4 waxes will give you wide range of styling choices so thats good.
You have short hair, right? as in shorter than 2 inches. If you plan on growing your hair a bit longer, like 4 inches which is what was suggested in your thread, then a solid water based pomade is a good option to have. For my voting as a starter pomade I would get this Layrite one cause it is easy to wash off & it gives a very slick appearance to the hair with shine - but not excessive shine. It has good hold too so you can use this pomade for side parts a& for the modern slick back when your hair is longer than 2 inches.

Another product you can get is The Men's Hair Book. It's the only reading out of 2 books we recommend in this forum cause the book has everything you need to excel with your hair. Well the other book we recommend in the forum is The CUrly Hair Book but apparently you have straight hair so The Men's Hair Book is a better option. You can get it as a Kindle - you know, the ebook thingy of Amazon - or you can get the book as a paper-back. I have the 2 versions but the paper-back book is very nice & looks good in a book shelf so maybe also get that one.

You may be interested in a hair clipper but that is if you are willing to cut your own hair. Some guys prefer to go to the barber especially if they require complex haircuts like taper haircuts. However if you like undercuts - where you use just one clipper length to clip all your hair under the temples - or if you like any of the military haircuts & buzz cuts, then get a good hair clipper. You can read thru our hair clipper recommendations discussion for the range we recommend although if you have the money for it, either the cordless Andis or the Oster 76 - with cord - are the best 2 hair clippers you can buy & they will be with you for years.

Because your buying from US Amazon then you may also want to get a hair dryer. But only get a hair dryer if you will be growing your hair to at least medium length - 2 to 6 inches or more - as a hair dryer for short hair - less than 2 inches - is not much needed.

But anyway what I have said above is in an ideal world. Since you have limits in spending, then go with what you have in your list. I edited this to say you already got The Men's Hair Book which is great as that is the only thing I would say was a needed add-on to your list. So yea go & get those products in your list, they are pretty good for now! Smile

Ok thanks , Yeah I already have the book , Quite a lot to read through but ive read some of the most important parts about keeping your hair healthy etc , I do have shorter hair but even growing my hair out , Isnt a promade just for more professional styles , If so I prefer more casual haircuts such as the ones I have posted in my thread that you have also commented on , If a promade would be good for hairstyles of that kind aswell I might consider picking one up.

Any idea how long one tub of the wax will last , Or the shampoo / conditioner?

In terms of the hair clippers I think for me its just easier to go to get my hair cut , As I wouldent trust myself , Even to do the easiest of cuts.

Thanks for the advice though , Just wanted to make sure those would be ok for now , Maybe sometime this year / start of next year ill have a job and then can hopefully buy some more expensive / wider range of products.
05-03-2014, 12:34 PM
The shampoo you want is 1 liter - 33 ounces - which if you follow the instructions of The Mens Hair Book & learn to shampoo the right way, that shampoo can last you 2 months or even more. Always try to buy shampoo the biggest you can - 1 liter - as they are cheap even for premium brands & last you months.
Conditioner about 6 weeks to 8 weeks - 2 months - because you have short hair.
Each Gatsby wax about 3 to 4 weeks. If you change them around like use one each day, you have at least 2 months of wax products in total.

You have covered the basics since you also bought the book so thats all you really need to get started & enough for a good 2 months. By 2 months you will learn a lot about your hair & will know what it needs & if shaping or casual styling suits you better. Just read the many guides in our forum, ask questions + read the book, lots to learn in the book!
About the hair clipper, yep if you really are not interested for now in cutting your own hair then it is better to not buy it. But it is very important that you get a good barber or hair dresser, in The Men's Hair Book there is a big section about how to find the perfect barber which is really useful. You don't need to pay big prices for a good haircut so don't let price be your stick to measure the skill & value of a barber!

For sure its a very good purchase in total Smile in 2 months if you let your hair grow, your hair will reach medium length so you may want to add a pomade when the next purchase is in 2 months. Just open a new thread in 2 months to ask if you want to try other products & or post it in your personal thread. Any of us can help you with selecting the best hair products you can get for each purchase every X months.
05-04-2014, 12:19 AM
(05-03-2014 12:34 PM)Jurgen Wrote:  The shampoo you want is 1 liter - 33 ounces - which if you follow the instructions of The Mens Hair Book & learn to shampoo the right way, that shampoo can last you 2 months or even more. Always try to buy shampoo the biggest you can - 1 liter - as they are cheap even for premium brands & last you months.
Each Gatsby wax about 3 to 4 weeks. If you change them around like use one each day, you have at least 2 months of wax products in total.

You have covered the basics since you also bought the book so thats all you really need to get started & enough for a good 2 months. By 2 months you will learn a lot about your hair & will know what it needs & if shaping or casual styling suits you better. Just read the many guides in our forum, ask questions + read the book, lots to learn in the book!
About the hair clipper, yep if you really are not interested for now in cutting your own hair then it is better to not buy it. But it is very important that you get a good barber or hair dresser, in The Men's Hair Book there is a big section about how to find the perfect barber which is really useful. You don't need to pay big prices for a good haircut so don't let price be your stick to measure the skill & value of a barber!

For sure its a very good purchase in total Smile in 2 months if you let your hair grow, your hair will reach medium length so you may want to add a pomade when the next purchase is in 2 months. Just open a new thread in 2 months to ask if you want to try other products & or post it in your personal thread. Any of us can help you with selecting the best hair products you can get for each purchase every X months.

Ok will do , Though im still looking for a permanent haircut / hairstyle so may have to do the whole process of ordering a bunch of waxes etc to again find out whats best , When I find a haircut / hairstyle I can keep and maintain.

I was just wondering also , Is there any products that work alongside waxes to give your hair a little bit of a shine to make your hair look more healthy , As I seen a video earlier where the guy uses a promade I think it was , and it gave his hair a little shine and looked a lot healthy , Though I would prefer to use waxes and most of them have a low shine.
05-04-2014, 09:12 AM
(05-04-2014 12:19 AM)Jonny Wrote:  
(05-03-2014 12:34 PM)Jurgen Wrote:  The shampoo you want is 1 liter - 33 ounces - which if you follow the instructions of The Mens Hair Book & learn to shampoo the right way, that shampoo can last you 2 months or even more. Always try to buy shampoo the biggest you can - 1 liter - as they are cheap even for premium brands & last you months.

Ok will do , Though im still looking for a permanent haircut / hairstyle so may have to do the whole process of ordering a bunch of waxes etc to again find out whats best , When I find a haircut / hairstyle I can keep and maintain.

I was just wondering also , Is there any products that work alongside waxes to give your hair a little bit of a shine to make your hair look more healthy , As I seen a video earlier where the guy uses a pomade I think it was , and it gave his hair a little shine and looked a lot healthy , Though I would prefer to use waxes and most of them have a low shine.

You already have a high-shine hair wax in your list of products to order, Jonny. The Gatsby wax "Cool Wet" that you have in your list is a good wax with good shine and medium hold styling, which recreates casual styles very well.

Usually you want pomades with medium length hair, like Jurgen said. Think 4 to 8 inches long hair, that's when a pomade is really helpful. You can still get a pomade for short hair, but their shaping ability are not as great as that of wax, and, unlike the Gatsby waxes you're ordering, pomade is a "style and go" product in that you style the hair with it in the morning and you cannot change the style again (unless you wash your hair).

If you want a good pomade with good shine and that gives a clean feel, then get the Layrite one that Jurgen recommended in his post above in the link. Regular pomades with shine can get too greasy and are not good for beginners to styling their hair, so the Layrite one will be a good starting point for you.

Don't make it too complicated. Like Jurgen said, you have about 2 months work of products, although I would say a bit less (6 weeks), but that's only because I always use very conservative figures for everything (hair growth, hair product usage, amount needed to style etc). In any case you have a good "starter kit" that will last you enough to be able to get a good sense of what hairstyles you like, want or need. You are getting 4 hair waxes from Gatsby that pretty much cover the entire spectrum of mens hairstyles, so you can try essentially anything.

Lastly, you have high-density straight hair, so you have an even bigger advantage when it comes to hair styling (i.e. you can do anything you want to your hair). But hair products are only one HALF of the game, the OTHER half is hair care and grooming habits, which those you will learn of in The Men's Hair Book and in our forum (by reading the guides or asking specific questions). Just don't think of hair products as "magic products" that will give you rockstar hair.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Quote:You already have a high-shine hair wax in your list of products to order, Jonny. The Gatsby wax "Cool Wet" that you have in your list is a good wax with good shine and medium hold styling, which recreates casual styles very well.

Usually you want pomades with medium length hair, like Jurgen said. Think 4 to 8 inches long hair, that's when a pomade is really helpful. You can still get a pomade for short hair, but their shaping ability are not as great as that of wax, and, unlike the Gatsby waxes you're ordering, pomade is a "style and go" product in that you style the hair with it in the morning and you cannot change the style again (unless you wash your hair).

If you want a good pomade with good shine and that gives a clean feel, then get the Layrite one that Jurgen recommended in his post above in the link. Regular pomades with shine can get too greasy and are not good for beginners to styling their hair, so the Layrite one will be a good starting point for you.

Don't make it too complicated. Like Jurgen said, you have about 2 months work of products, although I would say a bit less (6 weeks), but that's only because I always use very conservative figures for everything (hair growth, hair product usage, amount needed to style etc). In any case you have a good "starter kit" that will last you enough to be able to get a good sense of what hairstyles you like, want or need. You are getting 4 hair waxes from Gatsby that pretty much cover the entire spectrum of mens hairstyles, so you can try essentially anything.

Lastly, you have high-density straight hair, so you have an even bigger advantage when it comes to hair styling (i.e. you can do anything you want to your hair). But hair products are only one HALF of the game, the OTHER half is hair care and grooming habits, which those you will learn of in The Men's Hair Book and in our forum (by reading the guides or asking specific questions). Just don't think of hair products as "magic products" that will give you rockstar hair.

Actually the cool wet Gatsby wax was the only one I was not going to get , Because I don't like the the "Wet hair look" though as I said I would like to add a little shine , Im currently using casual styling fibre (Which is pretty useless , Cant wait to order the products) and the Gatsby products have different shine ratings (Eg the purple one has a 4/10 so that might give the results I want )

I might pick up a promade a few weeks after my initial purchase (Which will hopefully be in around a week - 10 days ) and give it a go , My hair will grow out by then anyway , As you can see in "My journey" thread I am looking to grow my hair to a decent medium length on top and trying to get a clean short cut sides so that may be a good option.

You say about products only being half of the game , I know this and I know that you have to look after you hair (Which I have always though I have done) , After reading this forum and the mens hair book , Maybe I haven't taken the best cair of my hair (More to do with not having the proper knowledge than laziness or just not caring) - I don't think my hair is healthy and well managed as it can be , As right now for example when styling its a nightmare and I rarely get it to something that I like , This is partly down to the poor styling product I use and half down to my haircut I think.So im hoping I can get my orders through by maybe the 20th being the latest , Get my hair cut again around the 20th aswell , Looking to get a haircut that is short and clean on the sides , While also complementing my round face shape (As you said the undercut would not suit my face type , So I have to look for something else that is clean on the sides like a undercut) and then over the next maybe 2 weeks experiment with using one product at a time - If I have 4 products or 5 (Depending on if I get the cool hair one , Not sure I should?) - Use each wax for around 3 days and see which one I prefer , Then try combining some of them to complement each other , While also using the shampoo and conditioner you suggested in the best hair products to hopefully improve my hairs health , As well as using 1 on / 1 off method.

The thing is with the mens hair book some methods I just cant get into , The 1 off / 1 on method I think I could get used to , Im doing this currently though some "Off days" I will shampoo as its just a habbit and to me it just seems like that's what you should do , But as I said im working on , The section about not shampooing all your hair is one I have tried and again I just cant get used to it , I don't know exactly the main spots or exactly where in my hair im meant to shampoo (I know it describes in the book , But I haven't had a chance to read it in depth , Just skimmed through until I can get time) but I did look at that section and tried it , I applied the shampoo to most of the relevant sections but then ended up just using the shampoo all over my hair anyway. Also I think I read somewhere in the book that a cotton t shirt is better than a towel? , May buy a spare t shirt to use then if its a big change , If its not ill just continue using a towel.
05-06-2014, 10:35 AM
The goal of using shampoo is to get it on the scalp and not the hair. Rogelio divided the head into sections for your ease and so that you can know where to rapidly place the shampoo, since he want to make the whole process convenient for you. However, you can just apply the shampoo to the scalp and try to get the shampoo on all of the scalp without making too much lather than ends up coating the rest of the hair.

About the cotton T-shirt, yes, such is good for drying hair because it is less rough on your hair. However, you can still use a regular towel (he even says so himself), but you must caress the hair to dry it and NOT rub vigorously, which is what most people do and one of the epic fails that many "experts" do when doing a hairstyling video (and drying their hair prior to the video).

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-07-2014, 09:00 AM
(05-06-2014 10:35 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  The goal of using shampoo is to get it on the scalp and not the hair. Rogelio divided the head into sections for your ease and so that you can know where to rapidly place the shampoo, since he want to make the whole process convenient for you. However, you can just apply the shampoo to the scalp and try to get the shampoo on all of the scalp without making too much lather than ends up coating the rest of the hair.

About the cotton T-shirt, yes, such is good for drying hair because it is less rough on your hair. However, you can still use a regular towel (he even says so himself), but you must caress the hair to dry it and NOT rub vigorously, which is what most people do and one of the epic fails that many "experts" do when doing a hairstyling video (and drying their hair prior to the video).

Ok thanks , As I said I haven't had much time to look at the methods in depth so don't understand them all yet but ill make sure to try to avoid the hair and just get the scalp from now on , And ill continue using a towel for now (I have always dried my hair softly anyway so that's not a issue) , Might just pick up a cotton t shirt or 2 if I see them.
05-11-2014, 03:56 AM
Just wondering , Im planning on ordering hopefully tomorrow or this week atleast , I have added the products above aswell as some other fitness items that I have ordered , I was just wondering would they all come in one package or will they all be separate and would I be able to get them delivered on a certain day?

I would like to get them early (10:00-01:00) on Saturday.
05-14-2014, 10:16 AM
(05-11-2014 03:56 AM)Jonny Wrote:  Just wondering , Im planning on ordering hopefully tomorrow or this week atleast , I have added the products above aswell as some other fitness items that I have ordered , I was just wondering would they all come in one package or will they all be separate and would I be able to get them delivered on a certain day?

Sorry Jonny, I didn't see your question. They will come in different packages I believe if you are including fitness stuff too. However, they should be coming at the same time according to the time they give you in your order. I'd say go ahead as you will be getting everything very soon anyway and the different products from different departments at Amazon will be coming at a similar time too!

Also, before you order, did you check out this other wax from TIGI? The one that is for all-around use although with a more natural feel? It's cheap and does the job very well for casual looks. One of your Gatsby waxes is similar to it (it's this one here) which I believe you're getting anyway (click on it to ensure that that one is the one you're ordering).

In the forum we usually recommend to always have a tub of that TIGI wax in the link just as a backup for when you run out of the other waxes and you're waiting for the new order to arrive Smile

05-14-2014, 12:02 PM
(05-14-2014 10:16 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 03:56 AM)Jonny Wrote:  Just wondering , Im planning on ordering hopefully tomorrow or this week atleast , I have added the products above aswell as some other fitness items that I have ordered , I was just wondering would they all come in one package or will they all be separate and would I be able to get them delivered on a certain day?

Sorry Jonny, I didn't see your question. They will come in different packages I believe if you are including fitness stuff too. However, they should be coming at the same time according to the time they give you in your order. I'd say go ahead as you will be getting everything very soon anyway and the different products from different departments at Amazon will be coming at a similar time too!

Also, before you order, did you check out this other wax from TIGI? The one that is for all-around use although with a more natural feel? It's cheap and does the job very well for casual looks. One of your Gatsby waxes is similar to it (it's this one here) which I believe you're getting anyway (click on it to ensure that that one is the one you're ordering).

In the forum we usually recommend to always have a tub of that TIGI wax in the link just as a backup for when you run out of the other waxes and you're waiting for the new order to arrive Smile

I think the TIGI wax you suggested is the one I am already getting , Along with 3 Gatsby waxes.Ok that's good with the timing as Im hoping to order them all for Saturday I will have to look at delivery options , Though I still have to wait for a refund on some items before I can afford all of the items Im wanting to get from Amazon.

Also , If you wouldent mind , I was thinking of (Again if I have money leftover) thinking of going to get my haircut with the style i uploaded a video off (Brush up / quiff haircut) , Though i have asked in that thread would it suit a round face shape? , Because you said a undercut would look bad on that face shape and unless i am mistaken the haircut im looking at getting is a undercut or a similar cut?
05-14-2014, 01:18 PM
(05-14-2014 12:02 PM)Jonny Wrote:  

I think the TIGI wax you suggested is the one I am already getting , Along with 3 Gatsby waxes.Ok that's good with the timing as Im hoping to order them all for Saturday I will have to look at delivery options , Though I still have to wait for a refund on some items before I can afford all of the items Im wanting to get from Amazon.

Also , If you wouldn't mind , I was thinking of (Again if I have money leftover) thinking of going to get my haircut with the style i uploaded a video off (Brush up / quiff haircut) , Though i have asked in that thread would it suit a round face shape? , Because you said a undercut would look bad on that face shape and unless i am mistaken the haircut im looking at getting is a undercut or a similar cut?

Yes, that hairstyle in the video would be fine because it does a taper instead of an even-length cut on the sides and back.

An Undercut really needs vertical laterals and, on circular laterals (i.e. round faces), the roundness is accentuated, which most guys prefer it not happen. Thus, a form of taper like the one in your video, which is very easy, plus a lot of mass on the top, will focus the eyes on the top of your head and not the sides of your head, which is the weak point in facial aesthetics (vertical temples with angled strong jaw points i.e. middle face, is most aesthetic). Just make sure to keep the hair styled up (i.e. in a brush up hairstyle) so you focus your facial aesthetics more on the hair and other parts of your face (e.g. eyes) than on face shape.

The TIGI and Gatsby waxes you are buying go great for a brush up hairstyle or quiff, so those are in fact great purchases for that particular haircut and hairstyle in itself.

05-17-2014, 08:51 AM
(05-14-2014 01:18 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(05-14-2014 12:02 PM)Jonny Wrote:  

Also , If you wouldn't mind , I was thinking of (Again if I have money leftover) thinking of going to get my haircut with the style i uploaded a video off (Brush up / quiff haircut) , Though i have asked in that thread would it suit a round face shape? , Because you said a undercut would look bad on that face shape and unless i am mistaken the haircut im looking at getting is a undercut or a similar cut?

Yes, that hairstyle in the video would be fine because it does a taper instead of an even-length cut on the sides and back.

An Undercut really needs vertical laterals and, on circular laterals (i.e. round faces), the roundness is accentuated, which most guys prefer it not happen. Thus, a form of taper like the one in your video, which is very easy, plus a lot of mass on the top, will focus the eyes on the top of your head and not the sides of your head, which is the weak point in facial aesthetics (vertical temples with angled strong jaw points i.e. middle face, is most aesthetic). Just make sure to keep the hair styled up (i.e. in a brush up hairstyle) so you focus your facial aesthetics more on the hair and other parts of your face (e.g. eyes) than on face shape.

The TIGI and Gatsby waxes you are buying go great for a brush up hairstyle or quiff, so those are in fact great purchases for that particular haircut and hairstyle in itself.

How much is shipping , As I saw somewhere it could be up to around 5$ per item and I have around 10 items so that takes the order up quite a lot and would have to get rid of some of the items :/
05-17-2014, 12:40 PM
It will tell you the final price when you're ready to proceed with the order. Likewise, many orders are by the weight of the items, so in the case of hair waxes, pomades and other hairstyling products, you usually get a really good deal when it comes to shipping. I don't know what other fitness products you are buying, but the buying and shipping of hair products is really good and as cheap as it can possibly get.

05-18-2014, 04:16 PM
(05-17-2014 12:40 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  It will tell you the final price when you're ready to proceed with the order. Likewise, many orders are by the weight of the items, so in the case of hair waxes, pomades and other hairstyling products, you usually get a really good deal when it comes to shipping. I don't know what other fitness products you are buying, but the buying and shipping of hair products is really good and as cheap as it can possibly get.

Just about to order all of the items and it says that most of the items cant be shipped to my address? Confused
05-19-2014, 03:58 AM
(05-18-2014 04:16 PM)Jonny Wrote:  
(05-17-2014 12:40 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  It will tell you the final price when you're ready to proceed with the order. Likewise, many orders are by the weight of the items, so in the case of hair waxes, pomades and other hairstyling products, you usually get a really good deal when it comes to shipping. I don't know what other fitness products you are buying, but the buying and shipping of hair products is really good and as cheap as it can possibly get.

Just about to order all of the items and it says that most of the items cant be shipped to my address? Confused

Jonny, just sent you a PM. I believe you have extra products in your basket (you had mentioned fitness ones I believe). So with so many products, there is a chance that a couple of products are not shippable to the UK since you are buying from Amazon.COM (i.e. products from the United States most of the time).

Also, the Gatsby waxes, which is what we got around in another post, are indeed shippable to the UK. I believe, from, your hair care products, that it is the American Crew shampoo and the Agadir conditioner that are not shippable to UK. I will have a deeper look (sent you a PM for that) and, if possible, provide you with an alternative supplier for any hair product that is currently not shippable to UK>

05-20-2014, 09:45 AM
(05-19-2014 03:58 AM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(05-18-2014 04:16 PM)Jonny Wrote:  

Jonny, just sent you a PM. I believe you have extra products in your basket (you had mentioned fitness ones I believe). So with so many products, there is a chance that a couple of products are not shippable to the UK since you are buying from Amazon.COM (i.e. products from the United States most of the time).

Also, the Gatsby waxes, which is what we got around in another post, are indeed shippable to the UK. I believe, from, your hair care products, that it is the American Crew shampoo and the Agadir conditioner that are not shippable to UK. I will have a deeper look (sent you a PM for that) and, if possible, provide you with an alternative supplier for any hair product that is currently not shippable to UK>

Sent you a PM with everything in my basket and all of the products I cannot order (There is quite a lot) , I believe at least one of the Gatsby products couldn't be delivered to UK and some of the other waxes and haircare products.

I tried looking for all of the items on the UK website , some of the products difference in price is not noticeable (And some even cheaper) , For example the Gatsby products (Pink and Purple I think it is ) is like £5/£6 on US and then like £3 on UK , But then other products are ridiculously expensive on UK , For example I think the purple Gatsby product is like £5+ more expensive than the US ones (Not to bad) but then some of the other ones are like £10 more and when ordering atleast 10+ products , Even a few pound extra builds up the price quite a bit.
05-20-2014, 02:20 PM
Jonny, PM sent.

I suggest you then get your Gatsby waxes from the UK, there are some seriously cheap ones that are worth getting. Get these 3:

This Gatsby wax

This Gatsby wax

This Gatsby wax

Sometimes distributors will update their shipping policies and stop shipping internationally due to extra costs, low demand etc Furthermore, you can find in Amazon the same product being shipped internationally by another distributor, but the distributor would have higher prices. Then the local Amazon distributors realize of this and drop their prices big time to get the local demand, which I believe is what has happened in the case of the Gatsby waxes in the UK Big Grin (hey, you as a consumer get to benefit from all this!)

Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Looking for new products, requiring some advice (pics at the end) Magikarp_Approves 0 91 11-06-2016 04:05 PM
Last Post: Magikarp_Approves
  Mens Hair Products: Quick Useful 101 Guide The Hairstylist 2 324 10-26-2016 09:54 AM
Last Post: A London Barber
Smile Are there good products to dye your beard orange? Duaov 1 162 09-16-2016 04:55 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  If you could solve one problem with male hair products what would it be and why? TotalHairNoob 0 200 08-08-2016 07:40 AM
Last Post: TotalHairNoob