Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Businessman Hairstyle Guide: Classic Taper Haircut with Side Part Style
01-26-2014, 02:10 PM
Businessman Hairstyle Guide: Classic Taper Haircut with Side Part Style
The classic businessman style is a taper haircut with a side part hairstyle on the top as the sides and back of the head are tapered with either shears, a hair clipper or both. The actual taper haircut (on the sides/back) can also be known as a businessman cut, a regular haircut, a classic haircut, a convertible haircut, a gentleman's haircut or a fade haircut (when done with a hair clipper and the hairline buzzed to skin). Depending on how long the hair is to be trimmed on the sides and back and how long it will be at the hairline, the taper can also be labeled as to skin, short, medium, long or extra long.

The hair on the top of the head for this classic look is left at an even length anywhere from 1 inch to 4 inches, it's really up to the preference of the male choosing this look. The hair is parted to the side perpendicular to the parted line with no fringe or a minimal fringe, using a good men's comb (this one is essential for side parting) or by using the fingers. The taper cut together with the side part style is what is known as a businessman hairstyle or businessman look.

The businessman look goes great with men who enjoy looking classic, formal and well-groomed. Such a hair style is great for office settings and the nature of the haircut allows for the hair to be styled in other ways too, so the tapered businessman hairstyle is a winner in just about all situations. Lastly, the hair products needed for this classic men's style are minimal and men with the hair types straight, wavy and curly coiled can get this style without a problem.

Pictures of the taper haircut with a side parted Businessman style

Lots of oldschool dudes have worn the classic businessman side part, including Robert Redford in The Great Gatsby, Leonardo DiCaprio in The Great Gatsby (2013 remake), Cary Grant and John F. Kennedy.

Here are some pictures that will surely inspire you:

[Image: 800px-North_by_Northwest_movie_trailer_s...812%29.jpg]

[Image: cary.jpg]

[Image: 800px-Cary_Grant_and_Audrey_Hepburn_in_Charade_2.jpg]

[Image: Robert-Redford.jpg]

[Image: the-great-gatsby-1974-mia-farrow-robert-redford.jpg]

[Image: Robert-Redford-and-Mia-Farrow.jpg]

[Image: John_F._Kennedy_Jack_Paar_Tonight_Show_1959.JPG]

[Image: 473px-President_Kennedy_addresses_nation...e_1963.jpg]

Hair products for the Businessman look

If you want to rock the business man style look, then you have to go back to the basics and invest in the tools that will give you that gentleman look with ease while looking like you mean business! (pun intended Big Grin)

You will need a solid men's comb, a good pomade, hair gel or hair mousse and a good high-quality hair clipper. All these products will be of use for any other hair styles and cuts you have in mind so even if you're not planing yet for a businessman look, I still recommend you to get the hair products needed for this particular look. Remember that the taper haircut for the businessman look is also known as a convertible haircut which means that you can change the styling of the hair from a side part to anything else such as a brush up, a pompadour, a slick back, a quiff and other cool men's styles.

Get these products
  • Get this men's comb: handmade and robust. Even if you already own a comb, you must get this men's comb as the one lined will last you an eternity and will never let you odnw.
  • Get this hair pomade: this linked pomade goes great for side parts that can be flat, such as in a side swept, or that can have some volume, such as a side finger comb. Whatever it is, this pomade is an essential product for you.
  • Get this hair gel: this hair gel will make your hair harder for a dryer look. Gets the job done without any issue whatsoever and is a hair gel that will be of use for many other styles you have in mind.
  • Get this hair mousse: the hair mousse in the link goes great for giving your hair some volume in the side parting of your locks, so make sure that you use your fingers to comb the hair to the side. This hair mousse also goes great for dudes with wavy and curly coiled hair.
  • Get this high quality hair clipper: a great-quality hair clipper that comes with absolutely everything you will need for the best haircuts and buzzing experiences ever! The hair clipper lasts over one hour without a break and it will buzz the thickest of manes (even dogs LOL). It will last you years and it is very much worth its price without a doubt Smile
  • Get The Men's Hair Book: this is the only book and reading material you will ever need and has been written by men's hair expert Rogelio. Not only does the book cover men's hairstyles and haircuts but it is loaded with golden advice on hair care, men's grooming and even hair profiling! The book also has plenty of visuals such as drawings, diagrams and tables to guide you through the book and also has chapters on debunking the many myths surround male hair and also a Q&A huge chapter for even the tiniest of questions. The Men's Hair Book is the encyclopedia of hair and it is a must-have for any male wanting to have better hair.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2014, 01:14 AM
RE: Businessman Hairstyle Guide: Classic Taper Haircut with Side Part Style
Excellent guide to this timeless hair style
02-01-2014, 04:15 PM
I am going to tell you this mate...this is why i love this forum the amount of information you guys keep pumping out for us noobs to learn is admirable. Fwiw the business man style is one of my favs especially the flat side parted style like the one of Cary Grant you posted. If only we could get his classic style back on the scene and have men around the world part their hair like we was back in the 50s. My father had this look back in his day and used to tell me the pomades of the day were nothing of what them is nowadays like the one you posted and were greasy as hell lol
02-13-2014, 07:04 PM
One of the hairstyles of the male grooming golden era Smile would hate to see it fade away...
02-20-2014, 12:48 PM
Really nice short side comb businessman cut with taper haircut. Great for men who have begun to bald and are displaying some hairline receding. If going bald and when in doubt, always go more towards formal than informal (and make sure to check our male hair loss forum section!).

[Image: 3a334320fae668ffb27b104eaf2382df.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
02-24-2014, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2014 03:26 PM by Bradley.)
What a classic guide for a classic look mate. The hairstyle makes the man no doubts about that.
Imo Cary Grant takes the trophy home Smile
02-26-2014, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2014 03:53 PM by Alex.)
So then i am guessing that the hairstyle of Michael Scott, played by Steve Carell in The Office is also a businessmen hairstyle right ??

[Image: office_719_holly_proposes.jpg]

[Image: 042811_steve_carell110428185519.jpg]

[Image: michael3.jpg]

[Image: 419px-Steve_Carell_2010.jpg]

[Image: Michael_Scott.jpg]

[Image: officex-large.jpg]
02-26-2014, 06:08 PM
(02-26-2014 03:52 PM)Alex Wrote:  So then i am guessing that the hairstyle of Michael Scott, played by Steve Carell in The Office is also a businessmen hairstyle right ??

That is correct, Alex.

[Image: michael-scott-350x233.jpg]

02-27-2014, 09:09 PM
Some more classic hairstyling inspiration for the business man look:

Christian Bale

[Image: f8adf35aaa4877ae56975bba7f6fc9ff.jpg]

Ed Westwick

[Image: 6fb3e739d60d97cedb668f5e9cb52b3d.jpg]

George Clooney

Possibly the king of the side part Big Grin

[Image: 487c629b33a8ae7697b9ab8a81ac9536.jpg]

[Image: e6608ed92ed4fa0aacd194af0fd56eeb.jpg]

[Image: e3b34f230cfee19705d820a3b20ed2bc.jpg]

[Image: 8789867ef340e572908d4366f361152f.jpg]

[Image: 6bf36277e43bb403907c6a90fd5aa6ea.jpg]

[Image: 5206f1fad30e1613a44f53f39558767f.jpg]

04-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Some more examples of a side part with taper haircut. This time is the side part hairstyle of Henry Cavill, who has played Superman in the latest Superman movies. He was wavy curly hair so he could get the S curl of Superman easily Big Grin
I was creating a forum guide on medium curly hairstyles for men when I remembered that Henry Cavill did really rock a very nice medium length mane & his side parts are classic!

[Image: article-2372066-1AE7173B000005DC-869_634x813.jpg]

[Image: henry-cavill-man-of-steel-european-premiere_3716823.jpg]

[Image: henry-cavill-superman1.jpg]

[Image: Henry-Cavill-The-Tudors-promo-02.jpg]

[Image: henry-cavill-20110221-616118.jpg]

[Image: superman-man-of-steel-henry-cavill.jpg]

[Image: 42AjW30.jpg]
04-22-2014, 03:08 PM
Cool side part hairstyles of Cesc Fabregas & Alexis Sanchez. They are both football players for FC Barcelona.

Cesc Fabregas
Side parting is not one of Cesc Fabregas favourite hairstyles but he will sometimes do a medium length side part style.

[Image: cesc+fabregas.jpg]

[Image: zHbRe9U.jpg]

Alexis Sanchez
The side part is one of the regular styles of Alexis Sanchez hair. He keeps his hair short & combs the hair to the side. Alexis Sanchez sometimes does an undercut for his hair with the side part too.
In the case of the pictures of Alexis Sanchez below, they are 2013 & 2014 hairstyles.
An Ivy League haircut with side part is the one in the last picture of Alexis Sanchez hair.

[Image: 475px-Alexis_S%C3%A1nchez_2011.jpg]

[Image: n_f_c_barcelona_alexis_sanchez-6862039.jpeg]

[Image: alexis-sanchez-hairstyles1.jpg]

[Image: 1382372245472.jpg]

[Image: sanchez_115737.jpg]

[Image: fb6f5a5f1c0835fa963fec4e1a608af2.jpg]

[Image: Alexis+Sanchez+Spain+v+Chile+hDK_dZCFAlvl.jpg]

[Image: 250003528.jpg]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-20-2014, 01:37 PM
Manliest hairstyle on the planet in my opinion.
06-21-2014, 07:47 AM
Its great to have a business haircut, but doesnt that only work with well real men? Not for guys like 20-29 or so? Believe me if i had a business cut I would look like a kid who just started going to school. Did that ones, i am 21 and after that i looked like 16, it is a compliment to be jonger but still.
06-24-2014, 08:12 AM
How do I post pictures? I would like to add some great ones for this topic.
06-24-2014, 08:40 AM
(06-24-2014 08:12 AM)steamboat808 Wrote:  How do I post pictures? I would like to add some great ones for this topic.

You can embed pictures now, so feel free to include more pictures of cool side parts. I just saw one that you posted in the oil versus water pomade discussion, and that's some pretty neat side parting.

By the way, I replied to your post on that same pomade discussion as I know which pomade was used for that wavy side part Smile

06-24-2014, 11:58 AM
How long is George Clooneys hair in the portrait photo?
12-14-2014, 09:31 AM
Cary Grant hairstyle.
Cary Grant was a big fan of the regular business taper. He'd get it done to a medium length, keeping enough length on the top (approximately 3 inches) to comb to the side. This particular haircut was very popular in the 1930s and 1940s, and Cary Grant helped to popularize it via his Hollywood films.

Cary Grant maintained his distinctive side parted hair all throughout his career, and he is sometimes regarded as "the man with the side part". Incidentally, Cary grant's real birth name was Archibald Alexander Leach, and as most Hollywood stars, he chose a more appropriate name to work with.

[Image: 56fd1fbff10cf581016e34d91a5bc25a.jpg]

[Image: 35fa3e051b8607690cb1421c1d122b60.jpg]

[Image: fd0dfa8bd1d91ee592dd79165e744c08.jpg]

[Image: e6323f5fbf2c6543c8a1f388c59dfee1.jpg]

[Image: 47a2b46c0a8f46097c2f1eefdfb9eabf.jpg]

[Image: d928fdf4a8d797ee290666d4995b5048.jpg]

[Image: 62b72dea1751bb7f23a69b2698d2e907.jpg]

[Image: cec29dc5be88d3edce777a652cf87718.jpg]

Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Undercut Hairstyle: How to, Haircut, Pictures, Products - OFFICIAL thread Barber 200 624,612 10-07-2016 08:51 PM
Last Post: shenefbs
  Jake Gyllenhaal Prisoners haircut advice Alex 36 250,779 08-07-2016 09:54 AM
Last Post: AlexVI
  Mohawk hairstyle and haircut guide - How to and Pictures TheMensHairForum 16 24,156 07-31-2016 11:40 PM
Last Post: Kiddfresh
  2 Step Undercut Hairstyle: Official Haircut Guide with Pictures and How-To Advice Jurgen 6 111,815 07-21-2016 08:44 PM
Last Post: Dwight