Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bruno Mars Hair, Hairstyles and Haircuts
05-26-2013, 11:00 PM
Bruno Mars Hair, Hairstyles and Haircuts
Let's discuss all about Bruno Mars hairstyles, haircuts and hair in this thread. Feel free to post more pictures of his hair in this thread.

Bruno Mars has black kinky hair that he is known for covering with a hat. Bruno Mars favorite hairstyle is the Afro for his naturally kinky hair, his Afro is usually medium length and tapered on the sides. Bruno Mars also loosens his kinky hair into wavy hair to style his hair into a Pompadour.

Bruno Mars Afro hairstyle (medium length)

[Image: 20121212-bruno-mars-600x-1355333470.jpg]

[Image: Bruno-Mars2.jpg]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2013, 11:12 PM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2013 11:17 PM by Jurgen.)
RE: Bruno Mars Hair, Hairstyles and Haircuts
Bruno Mars Pompadour hairstyle
While Bruno Mars has kinky hair, he loosens his kinks into waves (wavy hair) to allow for styling a cool Pompadour hairstyle. Bruno Mars Pompadour hairstyle looks pretty cool and vintage and completely changes his looks.

[Image: BrunoMars_600-400-10-02-12.jpg]

[Image: Bruno-Mars5.jpg]

[Image: Bruno+Mars+BET+Awards+11+Arrivals+T9PH54GQizal.jpg]

How to get wavy hair like Bruno Mars
Bruno Mars has texturized his hair to achieve wavy hair instead of his naturally kinky hair. If you have very curly hair (coiled, kinky), you can achieve wavy hair by using a hair texturizer like this one or this other one. Simply follow the instructions in the package.

05-26-2013, 11:35 PM
I get a lot of black men asking me about Bruno Mars hair and his pompadour. The thing they don't know before asking me is that Bruno Mars uses a texturizer to get the kinks loose so he can style the hair in pompadour.

When I tell them this dirty secret, some men still want to go ahead and get their hair texturized and then styled in a Bruno Mars pompadour, its a bit of a hairstyle trend that's going and the hair actually looks good when done right.

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
05-27-2013, 05:41 PM
For having texturizer hair, Bruno Mars hair looks pretty healthy dont you guys think?

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-29-2013, 08:00 PM
Following from what Barber said, I think it is key to let men know that there are certain things (i.e. hairstyles) that cannot be done with their own hair type. This is something I stress in my sites, books and that we are now stressing in this forum. Many men are brainwashed to believe X hairstyle will fit with their own Y hair type, and this is simple zombie dust.

When a male with kinky hair sees that Bruno Mars, who he himself has naturally kinky hair, has been sporting a Pompadour hairstyle, you need to spread the word and say things as they are because a Pompadour hairstyle like that of Bruno Mars can only be achieved by first relaxing/straightening the hair.

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
06-11-2013, 12:49 PM
so for a black guy with kinky hair type trying to do a Bruno Mars pompadour is not possible?
06-12-2013, 03:52 AM
Toulalan,

If you are a black male with kinky hair, it isn't possible to really style a Pompadour. You could, however, shape a haircut in the form of a Pompadour with a skilled barber (but this would be a difficult haircut). Your best bet if you want to get a Pompadour is to relax the hair so it is easier to style; loosen the curls and then style them.

Best

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
02-02-2014, 12:59 PM
As some of you will know, Bruno Mars was selected to perform at the Super Bowl halftime and Bruno Mars has said himself that he will be using "3 gallons of hair spray" to hold his hairstyle LOL We are assuming he is talking of his Pompadour style with straightened hair although he could just as well turn up with his natural coils and kinks.

Below are some more pictures of his now famous "Pomp" style, which is a far cry from his shake and go curly hairstyle that he used to rock a couple of years ago with the fedora hat (you can check his curly pictures earlier in this thread):

[Image: 465962031.jpg]

[Image: bruno_mars.jpg]

[Image: BM2.jpg]

[Image: 257037_600.png]

For those of you with curly hair (wavy, coiled or afro textured), you can also use a hair straightener (aka "flat iron") to straighten your hair like Bruno Mars, instead of using a hair texturizer as was already mentioned in this thread. A hair straightener gives you a wider hairstyling range so that one day you can style your straightened mane with a Pomp then the next day a brush up, the next day a side part etc

If you want a high quality hair straightener that will do the job great without burning your curls, then go with this high quality hair straightener. Do also coat your hair with a heat protecting product to enhance the straightening of the hair straightening tool and to also protect your hair from the high heat. A good heat protecting product (aka heat tamer) is this heat tamer.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
02-02-2014, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2014 06:12 PM by Tyrone92.)
TheMensHairForum say one was to use that flat iron u recommend to get dat pomp n what not for guys with curly hair and black folk with real curly hair what u think sum other products can be sued like what creams 4 the hair cuz i got some s curls but that rats aint getting my naps wave enough n all greasy n stuff so may consider the flat iron + sum else for the similar hair style of bruno mars...thanx bro
soz may be not clear enough --> just want to buy the flat iron yes but not sure wat else to use for my hair to get sum thing simlar to the pomp of mars in this thread
02-02-2014, 06:29 PM
(02-02-2014 06:09 PM)Tyrone92 Wrote:  TheMensHairForum say one was to use that flat iron u recommend to get dat pomp n what not for guys with curly hair and black folk with real curly hair what u think sum other products can be sued like what creams 4 the hair cuz i got some s curls but that rats aint getting my naps wave enough n all greasy n stuff so may consider the flat iron + sum else for the similar hair style of bruno mars...thanx bro
soz may be not clear enough --> just want to buy the flat iron yes but not sure wat else to use for my hair to get sum thing simlar to the pomp of mars in this thread

Yes of course buddy, lots of hair products you can use for a Pomp (Pompadour) or any similar brushed up style of Bruno Mars.

To get all that volume as he has when he has his hair straightened you will need a high quality hair dryer which is a good investment regardless of what you plan to do with your hair and how to style it. A high quality hair dryer will last you years so it's best you think of it long term and spend a couple extra bucks on a good hair dryer. If I were to go with one that was a top end hair dryer to last and actually do a great job at drying and enhancing a hair style, then I'd go with this hair dryer without a doubt. It will work very well with the hair straightener I recommended in my previous post above Smile

For a natural looking Pompadour like the one of Bruno then I'd go with this hair wax which is easy to wash off and that doesn't leave the hair greasy. It actually makes your hair look natural as it allows you to shape your hair as you want.

I also recommend you to grab a clean pomade that isn't greasy and that has a low shine finish so it looks more natural than glossy. For those product specs, this hair pomade will do the job well as it has a decent hold too so you can use it for volume hairstyles when using the hair dryer above too.

By the way, Bruno Mars mentioned that he would be using "3 gallons of hair spray" for the Super Bowl halftime LOL while hair spray is an excellent hair product for men, don't just empty a whole bottle in one go Smile (he was obviously joking). For a good hair spray to hold a volume hairstyle like a Pompadour or a brush up which are the ones Mr. Mars likes, then go with this hair spray.

02-02-2014, 06:36 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2014 06:38 PM by Tyrone92.)
dang thankz bro thats what i need to know cuz i still getting confused the fck with wat does wat lol kudos for the info
maybe its a bit ot but how about a good hair clipper lol soz for asking so much just thinking out loud n interested to now ur opinion n if u can recommend any
02-02-2014, 06:53 PM
(02-02-2014 06:36 PM)Tyrone92 Wrote:  dang thankz bro thats what i need to know cuz i still getting confused the fck with wat does wat lol kudos for the info
maybe its a bit ot but how about a good hair clipper lol soz for asking so much just thinking out loud n interested to now ur opinion n if u can recommend any

Sure Tyrone, we've covered hair clippers in a lot of detail in the forum and lots of us have exchanged opinions on the best hair clippers and in essence and if looking to buy a high-end hair clipper, you have 2 options: this hair clipper from Oster which is a heavy-duty clipper that is used by professional barbers everywhere and that is designed to cut through any hair and without a rest,
  • This hair clipper from Oster which is a heavy-duty clipper that is used by professional barbers everywhere and that is designed to cut through any hair and without a rest and without overheating. It's a classic clipper so you really can't go wrong. The one thing though is to make sure you buy the accessory comb/guard set so you have a wider range of clipping lengths to choose, this is the official comb set (10 pieces) and it's worth the purchase as it will give you a greater variety of hair cutting options!
    |
  • This hair clipper from Andis which is cordless and has a battery that lasts over 1 hour without recharging and buzzing hair non stop for over 1 hour. This cordless hair clipper is similar in buzzing abilities to the Oster clipper above. This cordless hair clipper also comes with a bull barber kit including guards/combs and also comes in a protective hard case so you can take this clipper anywhere you want with you and you know will be safe and ready to get to work any time. Like I say, the battery lasts a very long time and that's without stopping so you can effectively buzz quite a few heads in one go let alone just your own head so you've got plenty of battery life to take your time buzzing your hair. And the fact that it comes with a full kit is a no brainer Smile

Whichever of the above to hair clippers you decide to buy, they will be great choices that will last you an eternity, withstand real heavy-duty use and you'll be able to take them with you anywhere to always be able to quickly trim your hair. Plus Oster and Andis are world leaders in manufacturing hair clippers.

02-02-2014, 07:16 PM
Well guys, against the hairstyle he had in the promotional poster for the Super Bowl halftime, Bruno Mars styled a Pompadour again as per his latest hairstyling tradition. We are retrieving the pictures as they come so stay tuned and like this thread, tweeted it, G+ or just join the forum and subscribe to the thread to stay up to date on more pictures of the Mars we will be posting! Smile

Here are some of his pictures from the Super Bowl half time, the kid was rocking it!

Super Bowl half-time pictures of Bruno Mars hairstyle

[Image: superbowl-halftime6.jpg?w=720]

[Image: bruno-mars.jpg]

[Image: superbowl-halftime3.jpg?w=720]

[Image: superbowl-halftime1.jpg]

[Image: Bfg1r3xCQAAAUDO.jpg]

[Image: Bfg8CKFIUAE2_jj.jpg]

[Image: Bruno-Mars-left-performs-durin_544007753...60_640.jpg]

[Image: n-BRUNO-MARS-large570.jpg]

[Image: o-BRUNO-MARS-570.jpg]

And below is the promotional flyer for the S' Bowl event with Mars obviously sporting a completely different hair look LOL He had already warned us that he was going to be using "3 gallons of hair spray", so it's only normal that he turned up with his Pomp as that's one hell of a hair style to keep in place Big Grin

[Image: bruno-mars-super-bowl.jpg?w=640]

Perhaps Bruno would be interested in a copy of this useful book and learn how to finally manage those rebellious coils of his Big Grin

More pictures of the event coming guys, so stay tuned!

02-02-2014, 08:20 PM
(02-02-2014 06:53 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(02-02-2014 06:36 PM)Tyrone92 Wrote:  dang thankz bro thats what i need to know cuz i still getting confused the fck with wat does wat lol kudos for the info

Sure Tyrone, we've covered hair clippers in a lot of detail in the forum and lots of us have exchanged opinions on the best hair clippers and in essence and if looking to buy a high-end hair clipper, you have 2 options: this hair clipper from Oster which is a heavy-duty clipper that is used by professional barbers everywhere and that is designed to cut through any hair and without a rest,
  • This hair clipper from Oster which is a heavy-duty clipper that is used by professional barbers everywhere and that is designed to cut through any hair and without a rest and without overheating. It's a classic clipper so you really can't go wrong. The one thing though is to make sure you buy the accessory comb/guard set so you have a wider range of clipping lengths to choose, this is the official comb set (10 pieces) and it's worth the purchase as it will give you a greater variety of hair cutting options!
    |
  • This hair clipper from Andis which is cordless and has a battery that lasts over 1 hour without recharging and buzzing hair non stop for over 1 hour. This cordless hair clipper is similar in buzzing abilities to the Oster clipper above. This cordless hair clipper also comes with a bull barber kit including guards/combs and also comes in a protective hard case so you can take this clipper anywhere you want with you and you know will be safe and ready to get to work any time. Like I say, the battery lasts a very long time and that's without stopping so you can effectively buzz quite a few heads in one go let alone just your own head so you've got plenty of battery life to take your time buzzing your hair. And the fact that it comes with a full kit is a no brainer Smile

Whichever of the above to hair clippers you decide to buy, they will be great choices that will last you an eternity, withstand real heavy-duty use and you'll be able to take them with you anywhere to always be able to quickly trim your hair. Plus Oster and Andis are world leaders in manufacturing hair clippers.

yo thankz so much bro 4 the help
soz for the questions lol hadnt logged into the forum fora while n just catching up with all the discussions... i have heard before of both those clippers n seen them in action so its good you recommend em 2 the andis one is bit out of my budget for now but the oster clipper does look real good for what am planning on spending
02-05-2014, 04:05 PM
sum more pics I found of Bruno Mars at halftime Super Bowl...

[Image: brunosuperbowl02_482x449.jpg]

[Image: article-2550734-1B29A66800000578-482_634x461.jpg]

[Image: article-2550757-1B29A5DE00000578-55_634x806.jpg]

[Image: article-2550757-1B29A66800000578-757_306x665.jpg]

[Image: video-undefined-1B29B59A00000578-850_636x358.jpg]

[Image: article-2550750-1B29A4EE00000578-820_634x699.jpg]

Bruno 1 - Bieber 0

[Image: article-2550757-1B29F40800000578-837_1024x615_large.jpg]
02-05-2014, 04:13 PM
(02-02-2014 06:53 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  

|

the ANDIS clipper recommended above in the link is awesome Tyr if you got the $$$ go for it as thats a life time clipper dude, another +1 from me
10-14-2015, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 10-14-2015 09:44 PM by Landon.)
Man... Bruno Mars has the most amazing curls of the world and straightens his hair...

I have kinky hair (Jackson 5-like) and I was curious. How can I achieve curls like his ? Are they totally natural ? That hair at the show live from Paris is pure magic, sirs !

Sorry to bother you, guys (again!). But this forum is the only place where I can trust 100% in someone when talking about hair.

Stay in piece ! Salutes from Brazil !!
10-15-2015, 11:49 AM (This post was last modified: 10-15-2015 11:56 AM by Landon.)
Oh, I forgot to say that I am mixed but my hair is really next to The Jacksons. I can see some curls popping (the hair has been growing for a year) and only have used shampoo and conditioner.

youtube. com/watch?v=13oXf68zRcM (I can't link but this is the curl pattern I said before - IT ROCKS).

Forgive me for the flood and thanks a lot for the attention !!!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Josh Mario John Haircut, Hairstyles and Hair Guide with Pictures TheMensHairForum 3 400 10-23-2016 02:11 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Epic Soccer Hairstyles and Haircuts of the 2016 UEFA Euro TheMensHairForum 8 2,130 06-19-2016 01:05 PM
  Zayn Malik hairstyles, haircuts and hair Jurgen 87 159,200 04-10-2016 10:35 PM
Last Post: Crusher_
Star World Leaders Rocking Man Bun Hairstyles - Epic Pictures! TheMensHairForum 2 2,013 03-27-2016 03:22 PM