Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Braun Series 5 550cc Electric Shaver Review
08-24-2014, 09:40 AM
Thumbs Up Braun Series 5 550cc Electric Shaver Review
Hey everyone here I'm posting a review on the Braun Series 5 550cc electric shaver. While we have higher Braun Series these days, the Braun Series 5 shavers and in particular the Braun Series 5 550cc shaver are affordable exquisite electric razors that provide a great shaving experience with enough closeness to justify its price.

Have you ever wanted an electric shaver, but found that most of them are seemingly too expensive? This was the problem i have had when looking for a high quality electric shaver. Most of them seem too complex to work right, and promote the materials they are made from such as titanium, or that they have the ability to self-clean. Braun did it right with its sleek, affordable Braun Series 5 550 shaver. It is made of high quality materials and it self-cleans, yet the price remains affordable and hasn't been jacked up as it usually happens with the more expensive shavers for men.

Being myself someone who has tested a lot of electric razors, shavers and trimmers, I did plenty of research and based on my previous experiences with the Braun models, I went ahead and purchased my Braun Series 5 550cc shaver. I'm also a fan of wet shaving, and I like to go through the process of washing my face, preparing my skin for application of shaving cream and the arduous yet traditional task of shaving my facial hair. Afterwards feeling slight razor burn, and once in a blue moon a nick or cut which seemed to ruin my morning and make me late for my morning commute.

Razor blades have certainly come a long way however, going from single blades to currently 5 blade technology like with the Gillette Fusion Proglide razor. Yet no matter how advanced the manual shaving process becomes, there are some guys like myself who have sensitive skin and who will get skin irritation and redness no matter what.

The answer lied in the Braun Series 5 550cc electric razor with its advanced shaving technology. It is a very affordable electric shaver, with all the bells and whistles you would expect, and many that you wouldn't. It is very comfortable to hold, and operate. The head of the shaver moves and adjusts to your face whether you are shaving your cheek, chin or neck. The battery has an indicator on the front, and i have gone 2 weeks thus far and still do not need to recharge it yet. It says that the battery lasts very long, and only takes about an hour to fully recharge after initial charge.

This is how the Braun Series 5 550 looks. Keep reading this review below the picture.

[Image: U5iierE.jpg]

Unlike with most razors my facial hair wasn't painfully snagged, this is due to the Braun 5 500 Optifoil technology and contour foil, which has an unique pattern featuring 4 differently shaped and sized holes in 5 different positions. This offers 20 different hair-capturing opportunities compared with just 1 from a regular foil. A combination of bigger and smaller holes promotes closeness because different skin areas (e.g. cheek, chin, neck) grow hair of varying types - and so require different hole sizes to capture them effectively.

Once shaving has finished, simply use the "Clean and Renew" system of the Braun Series 5 550 shaver, which sanitizes the shaver with the click of a button and starts charing the battery. You can even go for a power charge and in 5 minutes of charging have enough battery for a full shave. It's that good! The "Clean and Renew" system comes included with your Braun Series 5 550, so you get a pretty nifty shaving system for an affordable price.

The bottom line is that the Braun Series 5 550cc shaver gives you a close comfortable shave that is comparable to traditional shaving techniques and to high end electric razors. The Braun 550 is quick and easy to use, is convenient and looks very nice too! I recommend this electric shaver to anybody looking to get a new electric shaver or to anybody curious about trying an electric shaver. I get close shaves on par with wet shaving and without redness or irritation, and it is all thanks to the Braun Series 5 550cc shaver.

Hoping this review helps y'all! Smile please leave any comments or questions you may have about this Braun shaver.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2014, 12:28 PM
Excellent Series 5 550cc electric razor review!
Thank you so much for this review of the Braun Series 5 550 shaver! Smile

I've said this before, but I will say it again: what Braun has done over the years in the foil shaver market with their line of Braun Series shavers has been nothing short of extraordinary. Similar to the Philips Norelco line of products (well, in a way, barring the actual number of products, of course).

Even though the Series 7 already exists, the Braun Series 5 550cc shaver continues to sell and it has gotten plenty of positive reviews, which you can all read at THIS page here of the vendor in Amazon. You can also read even more specs and buy the Series 5 550cc shaver straightaway from that same linked page of the Amazon vendor. The price is great for a high end electric shaver.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
03-13-2015, 07:44 AM
RE: Braun Series 5 550cc Electric Shaver Review
I´m looking after this shaver, now I have Philips waterproof so I can maybe change to this Smile
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Remington R8150Csb Pivot And Flex Rotary Shaver Review A London Barber 0 103 10-26-2016 04:16 PM
Last Post: A London Barber
  Review of Wahl 9937 Lithium Ion Triple Play Shaver/Trimmer/Detailer A London Barber 0 114 10-26-2016 03:50 PM
  Review of Panasonic ES-LA93-K Arc4 Wet-Dry Head Pivoting Shaver A London Barber 0 77 10-26-2016 03:10 PM
  Philips Norelco 1150X/40 SensoTouch 2D Electric Shaver Review A London Barber 0 89 10-26-2016 02:08 PM