Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brad Pitt Fury haircut vs Jake Gyllenhaal Prisoners haircut?
05-20-2015, 12:56 PM
Thumbs Up Brad Pitt Fury haircut vs Jake Gyllenhaal Prisoners haircut?
I've read the hairstyle guides in the forum... the Brad Pitt Fury haircut vs the Jake Gyllenhaal Prisoners haircut, which is the best slicked back undercut hairstyle?

They're both slicked and they're both low shine. One is a classic slick back while the other is all messy. Which one is the best and what are some good tips to get the movie haircuts of Brad Pitt in Fury and Jake Gyllenhaal in Prisoners?

The Fury movie is from 2014 and the Prisoners movie is from 2013. I've read several undercut hairstyle guides in the forum and it looks like the slicked back undercut took off in 2013. Both movies seem to have captured the hairstyle trends of the time by the looks of it.

Pictures for those who haven't seen them. This is the slicked back undercut of Brad Pitt in Fury. More forum advice on this haircut:

[Image: f486461488bd481a4c1fbec65c674bfe.jpg]

[Image: a699b5fc666fc1059590cc635fb9ca6f.jpg]

[Image: d49b5e830f6927e8da669483a287d4eb.jpg]

[Image: 64eeccbc75f331b2a168447b04fa7c1a.jpg]

This is the slicked back undercut hairstyle of Jake Gyllenhaal in Prisoners. More forum advice on this haircut:

[Image: 9da3f13e9957883fdda7bacbfe71b677.jpg]

[Image: 2b9e89ce44e109a82cfc4845553a0308.jpg]

[Image: f7a655501b2627868f15c248ce53df34.jpg]

So... Brad Pitt vs Jake Gyllenhaal, who has the best haircut?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2015, 07:54 AM
Brad Pitt's haircut is a modern cut while Jake Gyllenhaal's haircut is a classic cut!
They are both great haircuts. Brad Pitt's Fury haircut is sharper than Jake Gyllenhaal's Prisoners haircut and it's also messier. Jake Gyllenhaal's hairstyle is what we'd call a classic slicked back Undercut where the hair lies flat and in an even direction, although, in the movie, Gyllenhaal's hair looks more like a modern slicked back style. In any case, I'm sure the producers wanted the hairstyle of Jake Gyllenhaal to be a classic slicked back style.

Back to the hairstyle of Brad Pitt in the movie Fury, his hair has more volume the perimeter of the undercut looks sharper. Having said that, Brad Pitt sported a high fade haircut while filming the movie, yet in the movie itself, his haircut looks more like an undercut. The difference between a high fade and an undercut can be quite subtle, and I think that the movie producers simply wanted a high and tight style with plenty of hair length on the top to slicked it back for Brad Pitt. The movie took a year or so to be filmed, thus Brad Pitt got several haircuts in the process. In some scenes, Brad Pitt's Fury haircut looks like an Undercut while in other scenes it looks more like a high and fast taper haircut.

Whether it's an Undercut haircut or a fast taper cut, both haircuts are quite trendy and can be regarded as evergreen styles that are here to stay. However, it's important to go to a skilled barber or hairdresser to get a high fade, taper cut or an Undercut. A common problem with the Undercut is trying to keep the edges smooth and thus ending up with a high fade or short taper haircut. On the other hand, a classic problem of the high fade haircut or of the fast taper cut is simply not knowing how to do the extreme tapered layers that fade into the skin (or, in the case of a fast taper, the layers that are tapered into a buzz cut length). Hence a good barber is essential for an Undercut or for any type of fade haircut or taper haircut.

I like both haircuts of Brad Pitt and Jake Gyllenhaal. If it were me, I'd go with Jake Gyllenhaal's slicked back Undercut if only because one of our forum members got the exact same haircut following our advice in the Jake Gyllenhaal's Prisoners haircut guide and his slicked back Undercut looked awesome as it incorporated elements from the 2 step Undercut and from the regular taper haircut (in similar fashion to Jake Gyllenhaal's haircut in Prisoners)! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-27-2015, 09:26 AM
RE: Brad Pitt Fury haircut vs Jake Gyllenhaal Prisoners haircut?
Dude the Jake Gyllenhaal Prisoners haircut looks way better than the Brad Pitt Fury haircut. The on from Brad Pitt is all messed up and loses the touch of elegance of the conventional slicked back undercut. Yeah it's a modern slick back style but Brad Pitt isn't intending to look all dapper in the Fury movie. I'm not saying that the slicked back undercut of Brad Pitt doesn't look cool, because it does, but it's all messy.

The slicked back undercut of Jake Gyllenhaal looks elegant and gives him a classic look. Reading all the guides on slicked back hair in the forum I've come to know about the two types of slicked back hair. So you have the classic slick back style and the modern slick back style. For me Jake Gyllenhaal's hairstyle in Prisoners is a good example of a timeless classic hairstyle for men.

Just my two cents and my personal opinion. Whatever answers you get in this thread are going to be subjective when comparing the Fury haircut vs the Prisoners haircut.
05-28-2015, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2015 12:54 PM by Bradley.)
RE: Brad Pitt Fury haircut vs Jake Gyllenhaal Prisoners haircut?
You really can't compare the Fury haircut with the Prisoners haircut. They're both slicked back styles but they're also different. Modern versus classic. Like the guys above said it depends on your preference for the tip of slicked back hair.

As for me I would put it this way, work hard and play hard. So use the Jake Gyllenhaal Prisoners hairstyle for your job and look all dapper and formal. You then use the Brad Pitt Fury hairstyle to play hard, like leaving work at 5 in the evening on a thursday and going to a pub to get drunk with the lads.

It's easy to go from a classic slick back style which is the one from Jake Gyllenhaal to the modern slick back style from Brad Pitt, so the whole 'work hard and play hard' philosophy applied to your hairstyle would also work petty good. I usually do it like that but then i'm in a barbershop all day long so changing my hairstyle to something radically different to go clubbing on a friday isn't much of an issue. I'd surely go with the modern slick back style of Brad Pitt to go clubbing or partying.

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Frohawk hairstyle and haircut: How to, Pictures TheMensHairForum 10 20,487 10-10-2016 08:45 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Product and haircut advice needed it Jrt0808 0 110 10-08-2016 11:42 AM
Last Post: Jrt0808
  What to ask for to get this haircut? DAE93 0 184 10-08-2016 10:37 AM
Last Post: DAE93
Star Curtains hair style or bowl haircut, which hairstyle is better? MrPinkLipstick 1 171 10-06-2016 11:49 AM
Last Post: Sertinjo