Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bonjour
09-08-2016, 05:40 AM
Bonjour
Hello, I'm new here.

My name is Chris and I've just discovered this forum and the men's hair book. I gotta say, I think this book you guys keep talking about is probably the best 10$ I've spent all year. I'm still struggling with the sebum washing method but overall I'm certainly happy with the progress I've made since I started reading it.

I found you bunch from googling for hair information and after a few google search pointing to these forums and the post mostly ending in 'pick up a copy of the men's hair book' I've decided to try it out. From the information I've read in the book, I now know I'm a wavy type I on the top of my head but on the sides and nape/back of my head I have a mix of coils/waves, and I've got about 8 inches extended length that looses about 1 inch on top and 1-2 inches on sides/back.

All my life I've had what I, at the time, called 'greasy' hair. My hairstylist (whom is excellent btw) has been telling me for years to stop washing my hair daily and to condition... advice I've ignored because every time I tried it its been back to the greasy hair. The men's hair book has provided me with the blueprint I needed to start getting in control of my mane. I'm currently 3 days from the end of week 2 of 1-on 1-off and yesterday my hair had its first epiphany in a long time and I can't wait to try 1on 2off.

Though I'd join up so I could comment, share what I know, what I've learned and of course learn some more.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2016, 12:50 PM
Thumbs Up It's great to have another forum member seeking the right answers for his questions!
Hello! We're happy to see you here and thank you for your introduction.

Correct, The Men's Hair Book is an excellent encyclopedia-type of book and it puts hair care and hair grooming before hair styling, which is what most males do not understand and thus never achieve their perfect dreamed hairstyle. The book is a keeper and we used to have its author, Rogelio Samson, post on this forum a while back.

You're doing the right thing, which is to find your frequency of product use, especially of shampoo use. Wavy hair requires some more hair-caring than straight hair, so it's good that you now know you exact hair type. We have our hair type guide too in this forum, which is based on Samson's ISEZ hair-typing method, and we usually steer newbies (to male grooming) in that direction as knowing one's hair type is the first thing that a male wanting a better hairstyle must do.

In any case, there are plenty of barbers in this forum who too can help. We've been going through some changes in the forum over summer, but make yourself at home and ask or post as needed! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
09-13-2016, 07:17 AM
RE: Bonjour
thanks for the warm welcome!
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Bonjour Jonathan 1 840 11-13-2013 03:54 PM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum