Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blackship water based pomade by Flagship review
11-16-2015, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 11-16-2015 01:37 PM by Charms434.)
Blackship water based pomade by Flagship review
Another member of the new wave of water based pomades that work like an oil based but washes out.
Blackship made by a company called Flagship is a super strong hold pomade that prides itself on all natural vegan ingredients.

Let's start: Wink
- Jar is a nice 4oz glass with a shiny black screw on the top.
- Opening up gives off a ginger/mint scent and I was surprised by the consistency of the product, almost a grainy hard clay/cream. Best way to remove some is rub a finger over the top a few times to heat it up and scoop it out.
- I applied it to towel dried hair and went in pretty good, not as smooth as some but smooth enough.
- The hold is SUPER strong but a matte finish. No shine at all. It looked pretty cool. Reminded me of something Jimmy Darmody from Boardwalk Empire might wear. Again this held well. I had quite a night out and slept on a friends couch. I woke up and all I had to do was splash a little water on my hands and smooth out a few hairs. Very impressed by that. Most water based pomades can be rinsed out pretty easily, and while Blackship is EXTREMELY easy compared to the DAYS it takes to get out an oil based, it did take a good shampooing. But when I was done I was in for a surprise, all those natural ingredients worked like a leave in conditioner and I was left with super soft hair.
- Conclusion. The new wave of unorthodox water based pomades' has a new member. If you need a strong hold and a neutral finish, this should be part of your collection.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Restylable, matte, water-based product for fine, medium-length hair nysharps 0 66 11-29-2016 12:08 AM
Last Post: nysharps
Thumbs Up Andis BGR Plus cordless rechargeable clipper review - Epic! Curly Dude 2 2,064 07-14-2016 05:22 PM
Last Post: djbumrush
  How to degrease and remove pomade from hair leastwood2 1 611 06-15-2016 09:40 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Ponz Grooming hair pomade opinions and experience vicktor.j 0 180 06-13-2016 10:04 AM
Last Post: vicktor.j