Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Black men long hair
05-13-2013, 02:45 PM
Black men long hair
would like to contribute to this forum with a thread dedicated to spotting black men with long hair. Be really cool if we can get some pictures on for those of us with afro textured hair Cool

Kai Greene

I remember seen this pic in the manly curls facebook page
[Image: kai-greene.jpg]

dude's a beast fo sure
[Image: Kai-Greene1.jpg]

[Image: kai1.jpg]

Snoop Dogg
Never liked the braids but never mind

[Image: Snoop%20Dogg-SGG-036846.jpg]

[Image: snoopdog0205071.jpg]

Bob Markey
SO much talent, wud grow my kinks that long and lock them if it wasn't for working for a company in customer service
[Image: 7734455.jpg]

Troy Polamalu
Not black but have to throw him just cos of those curls Big Grin
[Image: troy-polamalu-pictures-1.jpg]

[Image: PolamaluTro03.jpg]

[Image: 7734455.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2013, 08:52 PM
RE: Black men long hair
I'm surprised not more people have posted here. I guess it's cos not many black men have long hair.

Eddie Steeples aka Darnell Turner

[Image: tumblr_ln4vyoqDwX1qhngjko1_400.jpg]

Remember with kinky hair (afro textured) the hair can be over twice as long when extended than its original natural length without extending it. Eddie Steeples can have about 10 inches of extended hair length in the above pictures easily!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-18-2013, 09:00 PM
Randy Moss long hair

Randy Moss with a big Afro hairstyle, long hair and braided long hair.

[Image: randy-moss.jpg]

[Image: randy-moss-mug-shot.jpg]

[Image: randy-moss-57c30faad548296a.jpg]

[Image: randymoss.jpg]

[Image: randy-moss-nfl-01.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-21-2013, 06:25 PM
Jaden smith long curly hair

[Image: jaden-smith-greets-his-fans-3-500x750.jpg]

[Image: justin-bieber-justin-bieber-jaden-smith-...-stuff.jpg]
05-22-2013, 06:14 PM
Michael Jackson when he had long hair in the '80s

[Image: jackson1988_1431479i.jpg]

[Image: michael-jackson-20090701a.jpg]

Michael Jackson's original natural hair in an afro hairstyle (he easily had over ten inches of hair there)

[Image: Michael_Jackson.jpg]

05-22-2013, 06:38 PM
(05-22-2013 06:14 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Michael Jackson when he had long hair in the '80s

[Image: jackson1988_1431479i.jpg]

[Image: michael-jackson-20090701a.jpg]

Michael Jackson's original natural hair in an afro hairstyle (he easily had over ten inches of hair there)

[Image: Michael_Jackson.jpg]

Gotta love the King! WHat did he use to have loose curls instead of his original afro hair?
05-22-2013, 06:46 PM
(05-22-2013 06:38 PM)Toulalan Wrote:  Gotta love the King! WHat did he use to have loose curls instead of his original afro hair?

During the '80s, Michael Jackson had his kinky hair in a Jheri curl hairstyle which was achieved with a hair cream that loosened up kinky/afro textured hair into loose waves like wavy hair. The Jheri curl was especially popular in the '80s in the African American community.

The Jheri curl is not as popular these days and there are better options out there such as texturizers.

05-22-2013, 07:07 PM
(05-22-2013 06:46 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(05-22-2013 06:38 PM)Toulalan Wrote:  Gotta love the King! WHat did he use to have loose curls instead of his original afro hair?

During the '80s, Michael Jackson had his kinky hair in a Jheri curl hairstyle which was achieved with a hair cream that loosened up kinky/afro textured hair into loose waves like wavy hair. The Jheri curl was especially popular in the '80s in the African American community.

The Jheri curl is not as popular these days and there are better options out there such as texturizers.

cool bro, so will a jheri curl be a better option to get looser curls for a black male with long hair?
05-22-2013, 07:15 PM
(05-22-2013 07:07 PM)Toulalan Wrote:  
(05-22-2013 06:46 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  

cool bro, so will a jheri curl be a better option to get looser curls for a black male with long hair?

Using a texturizer would be a better option to loosen up kinky curls. The Jheri curl was a mess to look after and usually gave the permed hair a greasy look as the curls had to be kept moisturized 24/7.

06-13-2013, 07:14 PM
Another picture of Jaden Smith with his long kinky curly hair Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-16-2013, 07:20 PM
Lil Wayne hair dreadlocks

[Image: lil-wayne-tour-dates-2013-european-tour.jpg]

[Image: 1076809-lil-wayne-weed-617-409.jpg]

Lil Wayne's hair is quite long; you certainly need to put in some grooming efforts into growing such long dreadlocks. Assuming Lil Wayne hasn't used extensions to get that length on his locks, that hair of his would have taken some 5-7 years to grow! I have attached a picture of Lil Wayne when he was a few years younger and you can see his dreadlocks already formed and at about 1/4 of their current length.

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
06-17-2013, 10:31 PM
Great diamond shape long Afro hairstyle!

06-18-2013, 07:49 PM
Black guy with braids! I've always said long hair with braids looks great for men with kinky afro textured hair Smile

06-22-2013, 04:47 PM
I think long kinky curly hair left in a natural state - you know big fluffy afro - looks great.
Anyone know how Jayden Smith got his afro so big volume??

[Image: jaden-smith-281399022.jpg]
06-23-2013, 10:38 AM
isnt that hair after he took the braids out? u always get fluffy hair after braids
06-23-2013, 10:48 AM
(06-23-2013 10:38 AM)Toulalan Wrote:  u always get fluffy hair after braids

This. When you remove the braids after a long time the hair is all twisted and "deformed" so it just puffs out. I believe those pics were of Jaden Smith after he got his braids off when he was done filming that karate kid movie he did. Here's another pic of how his hair looked:

[Image: Jaden_Smith_cropped.jpg]

06-25-2013, 09:41 PM
Omarion
looks weird with the long wavy hair though
much better with braids

[Image: omarion1.jpg]

[Image: omarion_gucci.gif]

[Image: diary_omarion_04.jpg]

[Image: omarion.jpg]
06-27-2013, 02:17 PM
More black men long hair!

[Image: fb372ba656d8576cf2aeefe3f87429ab.jpg]

06-29-2013, 11:16 AM
Dreadlocks

Dreadlocks work great for black men but they take very long to grow!

[Image: hair3.jpg]

[Image: nba_a_grant_400.jpg]

[Image: NFL-Dreadlocks018.jpg]
07-03-2013, 04:50 AM
You know what they say about big manes right? A big mane means a big...

[Image: c76d61837a2c8c398ae75ad7acf079ef.jpg]

Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Knotted ,lifeless and quite long hair [Help] theboggart 0 139 11-06-2016 11:52 AM
Last Post: theboggart
  How to get long hair like Johnny Depp hairstyle Sonchek 3 476 10-26-2016 11:53 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
Wink How to grow long hair like Avan Jogia from short medium haircut zuburaika 6 7,479 09-11-2016 04:33 AM
Last Post: r3dzzz
  New hairstyle, long hair to ...? philippe_lopes 0 334 09-08-2016 02:33 PM
Last Post: philippe_lopes