Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Black Men Hairstyles with Straight Hair
06-25-2013, 01:33 PM
Black Men Hairstyles with Straight Hair
Straight hair on black men is fairly unusual, hence in this thread we will cover black men hairstyles and haircuts that have straight hair. If done right, straight hair on a black male can look great but it should not be overdone.

Black men usually have natural kinky hair type (very tight curls) although some can have more defined coils and even waves. Naturally-straight hair on a black male is rare unless he is originally from the Horn of Africa (Ethiopia, Somalia, Eritrea and Djibouti), so straight hair in black men is commonly obtained by using a relaxer (chemical) and/or a hair straightener.

Pictures of black men hairstyles with straight hair

Quiff

[Image: david-alaba.jpg]

Long Hair

[Image: tumblr_mgtfbxUlPm1qd9dg0o1_500.jpg]

[Image: oscar277.jpg]

Kat Williams with straight long hair

[Image: kattwilliams1-e1353869633546.jpg]

[Image: katt-williams.jpg]

[Image: alg-katt-williams-jpg.jpg]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-25-2013, 10:00 PM
RE: Black Men Hairstyles with Straight Hair
David Alaba straight hair Quiff hairstyle

[Image: David-Alaba.jpg]

[Image: Bayern-Munich-David-Alaba_2898497.jpg?20130221002129]

[Image: int_130411_Alaba_delighted_with_huge_win.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
06-29-2013, 05:30 PM
dunno, I always thought straight hair on black guys looked awkward in the same way dreadlocks and braids look awkward in white guys.
Guess it's about whats normal down where you live etc interesting thread nonetheless
07-02-2013, 12:56 AM
Well I usually hate straight hairs,even I have it,they are so problem creating you dont even get much option to go for your hair styles.
07-06-2013, 05:19 PM
Dang I knew David Alaba didn't have naturally straight hair even though he looked a little Asian. It just didn't seem right.
07-06-2013, 06:23 PM
David Alaba has naturally curly hair, he has the curly hair typical of biracial men. David Alaba has a Nigerian father and Philippine mother, have a look at the attached picture for David Alaba's natural curly hair!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-28-2013, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 07-28-2013 11:20 AM by Jurgen.)
Antoine Dodson with straight long hair. If u dont know him he is the onethat become famous with the autotune song "hide yo kids, hide yo wife" Big Grin
Obviously Antoine Dodson real hair is not straight (kinky curly hair type) but he puts a lot fo effort into having his hair straight. For being so long Dodsons hair looks healthy and no signs of hair extensions or clips...
Btw, Antoine Dodson claims to have been cured of homosexuality and now he likes women??

[Image: antione-dodson.jpg]

[Image: antoine-dodson3.jpg?w=600]

[Image: antoine-dodson.jpg]

no straight man should color his hair pink...

As straight as the roads going through the Alps in Switzerland

[Image: AntoineDodsonCelebritiesKatsuyaeVv7tdF2I...ee5eea.jpg]

and this is the original Antoine Dodson (hair looks all fried)

[Image: antoine-dodson-of-bed-intruder-gets-his-...b3abf5.jpg]
08-01-2013, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2013 01:32 PM by Alex.)
y u no include Al Sharpton there?

[Image: Al%20Sharpton-KSR-017995.jpg]

[Image: alsharpton_vertical.grid-4x2.jpg]

and Al Sharpton's hair is not naturally straight, just sayin'
08-06-2013, 06:54 PM
jesus, that antoine dodson is like the black version of perez hilton
11-05-2013, 04:30 AM
This is really something new for me, never knew that black man could have straight hairs, it's quite rare.
11-22-2013, 02:38 PM
some of these styles and haircuts make me wish i had dark hair
04-30-2014, 11:40 AM
Some of this straight hair is pretty cool looking but the first one I just don't care for.
05-16-2014, 01:25 PM
Some more pictures of black men with straight hair.

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga's hair is curly and he used to keep his mane in an Afro. Then, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga got into the military haircuts and settled with short clean haircuts. However, before all this and while he had his Afro, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga experimented with straightening his curls into a blowout style hairstyle similar to the ones in Dragon Ball Z Big Grin

Sweating during tennis matches and the humidity of the places in which he played did in fact play an important role in making his straightened locks look "not very good". He soon went back to his regular Afro hairstyle.

[Image: gilles-jo-paris.jpg]

[Image: jo-wilfried-tsonga-belly.jpg?w=431&h=454]

[Image: jo-wilfried-tsonga-paris-masters-2009.jpg]

[Image: jo-wilfried-tsonga.jpg]

B. Scott

B. Scott aka Brandon Scott Sessoms is a radio and TV personality who has straight long hair. I am 99% confident that his natural hair is kinky curly as that is the hair type of pictures from when he was young. B. Scott is a self-declared androsexual (no confirmed gender) although he was born a male.

Below are pictures of B. Scott's straight long hair:

[Image: bscott2.jpg?w=600&h=600]

[Image: bscott_chef_roble_promo_1.jpg]

[Image: mariah-bscott.jpg?b81293]

[Image: IMAG0846.jpg]

[Image: love-b-scott-and-mariah-carey-300x199.jpg]

06-19-2014, 10:34 AM
Neymar is half black & half white. Actually, he has some native indian on him too which is why he has his eyes more Asian looking. Neymar is brazilian & a huge % of the population in Brazil are mulattos - black & white mix & Neymar is a mulatto too so Neymar's hair is naturally curly.

Neymar straightens his curly hair all the time with a flat iron. He has been straightening his hair for many years so people only know Neymar with straight hair & not curly hair. here are some pictures of Neymar's hairstyles with straightened curly hair - including the hairstyles of Neymar at the 2014 World Cup with a wide mohawk haircut & blonde highlights Big Grin

[Image: neymar_21.jpg]

[Image: neymar1_595.jpg]

[Image: neymar-confederations-golden-ball.jpg]

[Image: 610983-neymar.jpg]

[Image: 1369721961_extras_mosaico_noticia_1_g_0.jpg]

[Image: neyma1.jpg]

[Image: IMAGEN-9761484-2.jpg]

[Image: neymar_1681470a.jpg]

[Image: efe_20130526_034523_pa2692neymar_1704_1.jpg]

[Image: 505e78b864aae6aaa768d20453ea5a69_crop_no...p;amp;q=75]

[Image: 1402854182_extras_mosaico_noticia_1_g_0.jpg]

[Image: 4757048-3x4-340x453.jpg]

[Image: article-2659244-1ECA444000000578-311_634x376.jpg]

[Image: Neymar_Goldenball640-640x360.jpg]

[Image: 062913-soccer-Neymar-of-Brazil-TV-Pi_201...60_320.JPG]
07-03-2014, 03:59 PM
No Louis Farrakhan pics?
07-03-2014, 04:23 PM
(07-03-2014 03:59 PM)Stylish Brotha Wrote:  No Louis Farrakhan pics?

Good suggestion mate. I did not know who Louis Farrakhan was so I just googled him. it hink though that he has curly hair but he keeps his hair combed really hard to the side to make it flat. I know here in the UK guys with curly hair and black guys do that sometimes with a pomade product called Brylcreem which is a mineral oil pomade. Also I have seen hair tonic ads from the fifities in the USA whre similar products where advertised to black men to keep their hair slicked and flat. A similar hairstyle is the side swept in this link where the hair is slicked to the side with pomade but the intention is to only keep the hair flat. Really old hairstyle too.

It is an interesting hairstyle nonetheless. I am posting below some pictures of Louis Farrakhan hair with the slicked look. I think that hairstyle of Louis Farrakhan used to be called a wave curl. You would slick the hair with a really strong pomade and keep the hold in a wave shape. But wait for the other guys to confirm as I cannot tell 100% if that is what he is doing.

[Image: farrakhan_2.jpg]

[Image: galbw.jpg]

[Image: N1o98Ow.jpg]

[Image: r-LOUIS-FARRAKHAN-BARACK-OBAMA-MURDERER-...rge570.jpg]

[Image: 12930129-standard.jpg]

[Image: louis.jpg]

[Image: Louis+Farrakhan+Nation+Islam+Leader+Loui...NXCLvl.jpg]
07-04-2014, 06:57 AM
I had to take out the pictures and the quotes because It wouldn't allow me to quote you with them in.
Thank you for the pictures. I don't know the true definition of it either, but here in the states people call it "conking" or "processing" your hair. They call it that because Africans outside of the Horn don't have that grade of hair. So in the process of Conking, you're altering the state of your hair with chemicals to get that straight haired, flat top look. There are older people in my family that used to conk when it was very popular during the time of segregation and Jim Crow in America. Not to mention alot of people from that time period also conked to get their hair straight. People such as James Brown and Chuck Berry were notorious for that hairstyle. Today, the people really keeping that style alive here in the states are mainly Pimps.
07-26-2014, 04:08 AM
could u also creat a topic about Asian with straight hair?
07-26-2014, 07:49 AM
(07-26-2014 04:08 AM)Crumbling Wrote:  could u also creat a topic about Asian with straight hair?

This asian hairstyles thread covers lots of hairstyles for asian men. But maybe we could have a thread for just straight hair and asian guys? Because there are asian men with wavy hair and curly hair. Not all asian guys have straight hair!! Big Grin
07-26-2014, 01:30 PM
Mohawk hairstyle of black french football player Thievy Bifouma. He has kinky curly hair but Thievy Bifouma's mohawk hairstyle with a hair straightener has made him famous in La Liga - the spanish football league.
Thievy Bifouma's hair reminds me of the hair of Paul Pogba! who is also a black french player.

[Image: 1365589190_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg]

[Image: 1406301272_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg]

[Image: 1381927018087.jpg]

[Image: 1385733840_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg]

[Image: thievy_3075996.jpg?20140204135213]

[Image: 1406364096_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg]

[Image: 1385568504_extras_noticia_foton_7_1.jpg]
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  New hairstyle for straight hair - Quiff or long hairstyles? Wayne Baskin 0 278 09-23-2016 09:22 AM
Last Post: Wayne Baskin
  Hair Too Straight and Thick! Want Natural Combover Hairstyle StraightHairProblems 0 387 09-06-2016 03:15 AM
Last Post: StraightHairProblems
  How to style fluffy curly hair into soft straight hairstyle MustafaZorrok 0 389 06-28-2016 03:25 PM
Last Post: MustafaZorrok
  Problem With Straight,Thick Black Hair Sertinjo 0 855 03-20-2016 03:02 PM
Last Post: Sertinjo