Twitter

[-]
Follow Us on Facebook!

[-]
Follow Us on Google!

[-]
Recent Posts
from long to short
Thought an update may be due, im still with the same basic cut, a few tweaks her . . .Brett — 05:13 PM
Hi!
Hello, My username is Springbok, and I am here to learn more about men's hair p . . .Springbok — 10:22 AM
When did you start to notice / grow facial h...
I'm only 16 now but since I'm Asian I can't really grow a good beard lol. . . .PhoKingTasty — 10:03 PM

Black Men Haircuts: Pictures, Info and Products
05-21-2013, 03:55 PM
Black Men Haircuts: Pictures, Info and Products

The following are some cool black men haircuts that are most useful for kinky hair i.e. afro textured hair (as most typical with black men). Remember that the word haircut refers to the act of shaping the hair by cutting it, so a haircut will be different to a hairstyle although the line is a bit blurry.

The following black men haircuts are best done with a good grade hair clipper. Feel free to add your particular or favorite haircut for black men:

(click on the thumbnails to see the pictures in full size)

Fade haircut
The hair is clipped progressively to skin level, blending the hair with the skin.

High Fade
The High Fade haircut has the hair blending into the skin (i.e. fading) high up in the sides and back of the head.

High Top fade
Aka Hi Top Fade, the fade is done as a regular high fade but the hair on top of the head is left to grow long and up.

Low Fade
The Low Fade haircut has the hair blending into the skin (i.e. fading) low in the sides and back of the head.

Crew Cut
The hair on the sides and back is clipped in a taper and the hair o the top is either clipped up to the highest guard number or to a guard one number above the ones used for the sides and back. The top of the head can also be done in a taper from the crown to the forehead hairline (US version of a Crew Cut) or with a same guard number (European version of a Crew Cut). The top is also blended so no sharp edges are left.

[Image: eye-candy-blair-underwood-7.jpg]

[Image: Blair-Underwood-The-President.jpg]

Buzz Cut
The Buzz Cut is a haircut that covers any one single guard length used all around the head. Examples of a Buzz Cut is a Burr (hair clipped with no guard and also known as an Induction Cut in the military) and a Butch (hair clipped either in a 2, 3 or 4 guard).

A Buzz Cut can also be known as a simple Buzz.

High and Tight

The hair is clipped very short to the same guard number on the sides and back. The top is either clipped or trimmed with shears to a length no longer than 1 inch.

What to use for any of these haircuts?

The best item to use is a hair clipper and we recommend you to own a high quality one only as they last far longer than cheap hair clippers. This hair clipper is a good one to own as so is this other hair clipper for getting some tight haircuts. The fade as a haircut is a bit complex to do so we recommend you to first hit the barber for your initial Fade and then from there on do it yourself.

It is also a good idea to own a hair trimmer so you can sharpen your hairline and make the haircut even tighter. This hair trimmer is a good one especially for shaping the hairline of the forehead. Or simply get this excellent value hair trimmer kit as it allows you to shape more than just the hairline.

Questions, comments, input and post your favorite haircuts and pictures below.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

To buy hair products with confidence and at the lowest prices online, please visit our trusted sponsor The Men's Hair Shop.
You can also check out our forum's best hair products for men thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2013, 05:23 PM
RE: Black Men Haircuts: Pictures, Info and Products
Another picture of a low fade

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

To buy hair products with confidence and at the lowest prices online, please visit our trusted sponsor The Men's Hair Shop.
You can also check out our forum's best hair products for men thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
05-21-2013, 05:44 PM
Yes!! this is what we needed, great haircuts. The cousin and i used to give each other fades all the time and retouch the hairlines, great activity to pass the time.
05-21-2013, 05:50 PM
Btw, what's the highest length for the high top fade on the top you can have?
05-21-2013, 06:01 PM
Can we get these haircuts too if we dont have afrotextured hair?
05-21-2013, 07:03 PM
(05-21-2013 05:50 PM)AfroJay Wrote:  Btw, what's the highest length for the high top fade on the top you can have?

You can have the top in the High Top Fade as long as you want; if you see that the hair is starting to hang down, use strong-hold hair gel to style the hair up and then use a hair dryer to solidify the hair.

http://www.manlycurls.com/2013/04/high-t...-hair-men/

(05-21-2013 06:01 PM)Stevens Wrote:  Can we get these haircuts too if we dont have afrotextured hair?

Absolutely.

TheMensHairForum posted these pictures to show typical haircuts for black males but a haircut is a haircut, and it can be done, for the most part, on any hair type.

Author of the two bestselling hair-care books:

The Curly Hair Book: Or How Men Can Now Rock Their Waves, Coils And Kinks (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)

The Men's Hair Book: A Male's Guide To Hair Care, Hair Styles, Hair Grooming, Hair Products and Rocking It All Without The Baloney (CLICK HERE to read more about the book)
05-21-2013, 09:02 PM
(05-21-2013 05:23 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  Another picture of a low fade

Man the fade is such a classic haircut, I dont think I got anything other than a fade during my childhood lol
05-21-2013, 10:33 PM
Great introduction to the haircuts. A fade is the trickiest one out of all.

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
05-21-2013, 11:05 PM
(05-21-2013 10:33 PM)Barber Wrote:  Great introduction to the haircuts. A fade is the trickiest one out of all.

Perhaps you could write some tutorials on different haircuts in the forum? Smile

05-21-2013, 11:14 PM
(05-21-2013 11:05 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(05-21-2013 10:33 PM)Barber Wrote:  Great introduction to the haircuts. A fade is the trickiest one out of all.

Perhaps you could write some tutorials on different haircuts in the forum? Smile

Sure, just let me get used to the whole moderating a forum, never been much a forum man.

Oldschool barber getting it on with the internet era.
05-22-2013, 05:36 PM
Those are sum great haircuts, I see crew cuts as great haircut choices to go to whenever you really dont want to look after your hair much.
05-24-2013, 09:58 PM
(05-22-2013 05:36 PM)Anton Wrote:  Those are sum great haircuts, I see crew cuts as great haircut choices to go to whenever you really dont want to look after your hair much.

I agree crew cut is a pretty diesel haircut. When Im not in the mood, I just get one done.
05-24-2013, 10:04 PM
Check out these two pictures of a Crew Cut from football player Robin Van Persie. It is the US Crew Cut version where the hair on the top is tapered too. I know he is not black but Van Persie's Crew Cut is pretty illustrative.

05-24-2013, 10:28 PM
1) My favorite haircut is the high and tight
2) I wish I could grow a high top fade Big Grin
3) Short haircuts like these ones certainly fit black men the best. I think short afro style hair looks the best when it shows a little bit of curl but is cropped tight on sides/back.
05-24-2013, 10:39 PM
(05-24-2013 10:28 PM)Zorba Wrote:  1) My favorite haircut is the high and tight
3) Short haircuts like these ones certainly fit black men the best. I think short afro style hair looks the best when it shows a little bit of curl but is cropped tight on sides/back.

Well, here are some pictures of the High and Tight haircut (again, not black men per se but helps to illustrate the haircut).

05-24-2013, 10:43 PM
(05-24-2013 10:39 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  

Well, here are some pictures of the High and Tight haircut (again, not black men per se but helps to illustrate the haircut).

Hey Menshairforum thanks for those pictures of the high and tight. So the high and tight would have big visual difference between top and bottom??
05-24-2013, 10:57 PM
(05-24-2013 10:43 PM)Zorba Wrote:  
(05-24-2013 10:39 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  

Hey Menshairforum thanks for those pictures of the high and tight. So the high and tight would have big visual difference between top and bottom??

Yes, there is no fading (i.e. blurring) between the top of the head and the sides and back of the head. It's abrupt and the top should not exceed one inch at maximum.

05-24-2013, 11:00 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2013 11:00 PM by Jurgen.)
Some High Top Fade pictures. Posted on another thread but since this thread is about black mens haircuts, I'm posting them there.

05-24-2013, 11:34 PM
(05-24-2013 11:00 PM)Jurgen Wrote:  Some High Top Fade pictures. Posted on another thread but since this thread is about black mens haircuts, I'm posting them there.

I vote for the High Top Fade to come back as the hairstyle for 2014. We need to get this style back and I'm up for perming my hair curlier and cutting it just to join the movement.

05-25-2013, 12:24 AM
(05-24-2013 11:34 PM)TheMensHairForum Wrote:  
(05-24-2013 11:00 PM)Jurgen Wrote:  Some High Top Fade pictures. Posted on another thread but since this thread is about black mens haircuts, I'm posting them there.

I vote for the High Top Fade to come back as the hairstyle for 2014. We need to get this style back and I'm up for perming my hair curlier and cutting it just to join the movement.

***ing love it! Only in this forum we could get such a proposal going. Count me in Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  2 Step Undercut Hairstyle: Official Haircut Guide with Pictures and How-To Advice Jurgen 4 17,293 11-22-2014 10:16 AM
Last Post: TheMensHairForum
  Haircuts and Hairstyles for Redhead Men - Epic Guide with Pictures TheMensHairForum 11 13,876 11-21-2014 01:13 PM
  Cool Red Hair Men Hairstyles and Haircuts Ideas - Pictures TheMensHairForum 2 208 11-21-2014 01:05 PM
  Asian Mens Hairstyles Guide: Epic Ideas with Pictures Jurgen 17 6,940 11-21-2014 10:35 AM