Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Men Haircuts: Disconnected Haircut Ideas for Curly Hair
07-19-2016, 12:12 PM
Black Men Haircuts: Disconnected Haircut Ideas for Curly Hair
Disconnected haircuts for black men are becoming all the rage this year and long gone are the days where young black folks would limit their hair-cutting choices to buzz cuts and minimalist fade haircuts. Here in the forum we've been pushing the High Top Fade haircut trend too with plenty of discussions and guides (see the previous link) and, suffice to say, such trend has launched since 2015 together with other disconnected hairstyles as part of a wider repertoire of black men's hairstyles.

Disconnected haircuts do indeed suit all hair types and that includes the kinky-curly hair type commonly found in black males. However, those with kinky-curly hair or coiled-curly hair will find that the disconnected haircut line needs to be tapered or feathered with more care than the similarly-cut styles of their straight-haired and wavy-haired brethren. This is nothing too complicated for a skilled barber, but it does required a good hand at disconnecting men's hair; it's actually the reason why most males, regardless of race or hair type, tend to play it conservative when it comes to male's haircuts: it's just too difficult too find good barbers in most towns!

Disconnected haircuts for black males

So, by opening this post, I wanted to bring you folks a visual collage of disconnected haircuts for black males. We've covered what's a disconnected haircut in the past so this collage below serves to give you a good idea of the range of disconnected men's cuts and styles that you, as a black male, can rock away.

Here's the collage of black men's disconnected haircuts; please read the next post below for a list of the names of each disconnected hairstyle.

[Image: 6feeaf16fa2f029d5f15b1febd1e8659.jpg]

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2016, 12:34 PM
List of disconnected haircuts for black men with short hair and medium hair.
As mentioned earlier, I'm giving you the list of hairstyle names as depicted in each of the disconnected-haircut ideas in the above collage. By doing so, you will have it easier for you to get your desired haircut as it's very easy to confuse similar hairstyles and get the wrong haircut when you go to a barbershop that you're specially not familiar with!

Here are the hairstyle names, starting from the top-left corner going towards the right and down.
  • Low fade haircut with shaped-up hairline and short hair.
  • Temple fade haircut with short hair.
  • Regular fade haircut with short hair.
  • Crew cut haircut with short hair.
  • Brush up hairstyle with short taper haircut and medium-length hair.
  • High top fade haircut with twisted curls and medium-length hair.
  • Brushed-up hairstyle with an undercut haircut and long hair. Do not confuse this hairstyle with a Mohawk haircut!
  • Fade haircut on the sides with tapered Mohawk haircut (front to back) and medium-length hair.
  • Blowout hairstyle with fade haircut and medium-length hair.
Check the some of the links that I've included for each haircut and hairstyle for more great advice on these styles. We also recommend that you take the hairstyle collage above with you when you go to a barbershop or hair salon to get any of these styles and cuts. That, coupled with the hairstyle terminology as per the list above, will get you your desired haircut in no time!

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Can someone please tell what kind of haircut this is? thedelakore 0 123 11-12-2016 09:37 PM
Last Post: thedelakore
  Good pomades to tame and straighten my crazy curly hair Salazar Mojo 1 309 10-18-2016 01:44 PM
Last Post: A Tall Guy
  Curly hair blow dry with brush to straighten it, Is it damaged? Ttas664 5 288 10-18-2016 01:17 PM
Last Post: A Tall Guy
  Method to turn Curly hair into Wavy hair for Men - Hair Product Trick Bradley 2 13,642 09-28-2016 01:13 AM
Last Post: PinkChili