Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bic Hybrid Advance Razor System review
10-19-2014, 11:51 AM
Bic Hybrid Advance Razor System review
This is a Bic Hybrid Advance Razor System review. A safety razor that does what it claims to do for an affordable price. Some time ago, after searching for quite a few months, I finally found a razor I liked and have added it to my list of good razors. However, like most razors would, it did finally fall apart on me (the clamp that holds the razor cartridge in place wore out).

After using a backup razor (a cheap one that I didn't like) for a few days, I decided to finally go buy a replacement. And, naturally, the only store in town that sells them didn't have any in stock. Since my backup razor was already dull to the point I couldn't shave with it any more, I had to find another brand and, after looking at several I've tried and hated, I ended up trying the Bic Hybrid Advance razor.

I have never tried this particular razor before and, because it only had three blades (I'm used to razors with less blades), I wasn't overly thrilled about purchasing it. The only reason I did was because it came with 6 razor cartridges. This made it a better value than the rest of them (especially since I wear out razors quickly).

It turned out to be an OK purchase but it didn't make me miss my regular brand either. I have used this razor a few times since purchasing it and one thing I do like about it is that it does give me a pretty clean shave. As I said before, I prefer razors that have less blades because of skin irritation. But, this one doesn't do a bad job. Part of the reason for this I think is the head does pivot like the more expensive razors, making it easier to shave my chin and around my lips.

However, I should also mention the razor only manages to give you a close shave for about two or three shaves. After that, there is a pretty significant drop off. This is mostly because the razor isn't the easiest to clean out and the hair clumps up in it.

I also am not a huge fan of the handle. When I look at it, I can't see any difference between it and the razor I normally use. But, it just doesn't feel quite the same in my hand and seems to be a bit more awkward.

As I said before, this is an OK brand and I'm OK using them for a short amount of time. But, I will definitely switch back to my regular brand the first chance I get. For a cheap price and close shave, then you can certainly go with the Bic Hybrid Advance Razor System review.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Remington R8150Csb Pivot And Flex Rotary Shaver Review A London Barber 0 107 10-26-2016 04:16 PM
Last Post: A London Barber
  Review of Wahl 9937 Lithium Ion Triple Play Shaver/Trimmer/Detailer A London Barber 0 118 10-26-2016 03:50 PM
  Review of Panasonic ES-LA93-K Arc4 Wet-Dry Head Pivoting Shaver A London Barber 0 79 10-26-2016 03:10 PM
  Philips Norelco 1150X/40 SensoTouch 2D Electric Shaver Review A London Barber 0 92 10-26-2016 02:08 PM