Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bic Comfort 3 Pivot review - Disposable razors experience
01-09-2015, 05:16 PM
Thumbs Up Bic Comfort 3 Pivot review - Disposable razors experience
Here is another manual safety razor review, this time it's the Bic Comfort 3 review. This is a pivot head razor, and it is disposable, coming in a pack of 4 razors. Looks good as per the usual disposable reviews from these type of razor style brands.

Let me tell you one thing before we begin, ladies and gentlemen, I am one heck of a fan of wet shaving. However due to how sensitive my skin is (which I know many of you know too!) and all the irritation I get from safety razors, shaving my face is a daily chore for me (unlike my girl, who can hide her legs under a a long skirt or anything that yields full leg cover if she doesn't feel like shaving them), so using an electric razor is just easier.

The one thing it should be said is that even the best electric razor won't give you as close of a shave as wet shaving. Come on, y'all electric shaver dudes in the forum know this at the end of the day. Mind you there are some awesome electric razors and I'm a fan of quite a good number of them. So much that I have covered quite a few in the electric razors section, but a safety razor or straight razor simply slices the hair right at the follicle level. So, I have been testing different razors to see which ones are good enough for me. The razor of choice this time around was the Bic Comfort 3 Pivot Razors.

I'm undecided about whether they will be the same brand I pick up the next time I need razors. The Bic Comfort 3 razors were picked because they were one of the cheaper packs on the shelf and because they were designed for use on sensitive skin (not having wet shaved in a while, it was a good precaution to take in that such a razor would in theory at least minimize any irritation).

The razors work OK, as you'd expect from a good brand of disposable safety razor for men. The blades manage to give you a close shave without irritating your skin (of course I'm not 100 percent sure if the lack of skin irritation is from the design of this razor or from having a quality shaving gel). I'm not sure if it gives me as close of a shave as a more expensive brand of razor. But, it does do as good a job as quite a few of the electric razors I've tried; which was the whole point of buying the Bic Comfort 3 razors.

However, while the razor does give me a close shave; I can only really say that about the parts of my face and neck that give it a flat surface to cut. When it comes to other areas, such as my chin or above my lip, it doesn't do as good of a job. I can work to flatten my face as much as possible but the razor still misses hair. In fact, I usually have to grab my electric razor to finish the job; something that almost defeats the purpose of wet shaving in the first place.

Given the fact they were a cheaper variety, I can't say I'm completely disappointed in them; they did give me my money's worth. But, they also didn't do a good enough job to have me be completely loyal to them. It's possible I'm getting as close of a shave as my face will allow. But, the Bic Comfort 3 razors haven't convinced me of that yet so I'm likely going to experiment with other brands too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2015, 06:12 AM
RE: Bic Comfort 3 Pivot review - Disposable razors experience
I have used the Bic 3 pivot razors before and they do a good enough job so i agree with you on that. Just a regular throwaway razor with the god thing of the pivot razor head. Not expensive either but you can get cheaper throwaway razors by going with the white label razors.
Strip of aloe vera and vitamin e to calm the skin irritation. Guess if you are into throwaway razors then it would be a good choice to go with the Bic comfort 3 pivot razors.
01-14-2015, 11:15 PM
RE: Bic Comfort 3 Pivot review - Disposable razors experience
i feel like the single blades do a better job for me than a fusion profiled

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Schick Quattro review: Titanium shaving razor for men The Hairstylist 0 86 10-05-2016 01:57 PM
Last Post: The Hairstylist
  Philips Norelco Speed xl 8240 shaver review Stevens 2 1,863 03-13-2015 08:10 AM
Last Post: Podmasli
Thumbs Up Braun Series 5 550cc Electric Shaver Review Sunset 2 3,265 03-13-2015 07:44 AM
Last Post: Podmasli
  Gillette Fusion Proglide Power razor review? experts opinion! Vladimir 4 4,319 12-21-2014 10:38 PM
Last Post: PhoKingTasty