Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best styling products for fine hair?
03-10-2015, 11:57 AM
Best styling products for fine hair?
I've always had trouble when it comes to using hair products. My hair is naturally incredibly fine, and even with the use of thickening shampoos it is still really thin. I'm only 18 so I can easily grow a full head of hair, and so it's not a case of thinning hair, it is just naturally fine. I've tried Tigi's bed head matte seperation workable wax and Hanz de Fuko's claymation and quicksand and neither have helped my hair any. I was wondering if anyone knows of any styling products which work for fine hair styles with volume like the brush up or a quiff?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2015, 07:54 AM
List of best hair thickening products for men.
When thinking of hair products for fine hair, do not just think of hairstyling products. There are other hair products that will augment your hair thickness and volume and these products will work in synergy with any hairstyling product that you use to style your hair. Likewise, hair thickening products benefit greatly just about all hairstyles, including the Brush Up hairstyle that you've expressed interest in.

Since you're from the United Kingdom, any product that I recommend below to thicken your hair will also have its UK source posted, so that you can buy the products from the USA (the default vendor when I recommend the product) or from the UK (the additional vendor I'll be recommending). I mention this as sometimes, it's better and cheaper to order men's hair products from the United States than from the United Kingdom, as the shipping fees are usually low enough to still make the hair products be cheaper than if ordering from the United Kingdom.

Hair shaper:

If what you're after is a hair-thickening hairstyling product, then have a look at THIS styling shaper which is and acts like a hair thickening hairstyling wax. This product will allow you to shape and style your hair like you'd do with a styling wax like the one from TIGI.

In the UK, you can get the above hairstyling shaper from HERE.

Styling mousse:

Another product that works very well for increased volume is hairstyling mousse. The mousse attaches to the hair strands to temporarily increase the thickness of the hair strands and it also boosts hair volume by increasing it's vertical length, so it's great for hairstyles like the brush up hairstyle.

A great hairstyling mousse as per the above description that works to augment your hair volume is THIS one here. In the UK, you can get the same hairstyling mousse from HERE.

Either of the two products above are great choices to boost your hair volume and apparent hair thickness. However, do remember that the hair volume boost and increased hair strand thickness is only temporary: these benefits will wash away as soon as you shampoo your hair. But then, no hairstyling product can increase hair volume indefinitely.

Get either or both of the products recommended above if what you're after is a good hair thickening hairstyling product. Do also read below for my next post as I will also talk of other hair thickening products that you can use to further augment and increase your hair volume and hair-strand thickness! Smile

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
03-11-2015, 07:56 AM
A list of the best shampoo, conditioner and hair dryer to increase hair thickness.
Other non-hairstyling products to thicken your hair:

Now, I mentioned in my previous post above that there are other hair products aside from hairstyling products that work very well to boost hair volume. Most notable, you can use specific shampoos and conditioners to amplify you hair volume and hair strand thickness; then, after using the shampoo and conditioner, you either use any regular hairstyling product (e.g. styling wax from TIGI) or you use any of the 2 hairstyling products above.

Shampoo and conditioner:

A great shampoo and conditioner combination is THIS shampoo/conditioner pack. You get both the shampoo and conditioner in the product pack, and both the shampoo and conditioner are hair thickening products on their own. Thus, with this product bundle offering the hair thickening shampoo and hair thickening conditioner, you will get a big hair thickening boost. The product pack comes as 33 ounces, so the shampoo and conditioner will last you months. It's worth its price.

If the shampoo and conditioner pack is too expensive, then you can get either the shampoo or the conditioner alone. You can get the hair thickening shampoo HERE and you can get th conditioner HERE. However, do bear in mind that the sizes of the shampoo and conditioner when purchased separately are much smaller (10 ounces vs. 32 ounces), so you will be getting a better price with the shampoo and conditioner pack and it will last you way longer.

In the UK, you can buy the above shampoo and conditioner for a good price. You can get the hair thickening shampoo from HERE (comes as 300-milliliter bottle) and the hair thickening conditioner from HERE (comes as a whooping 1-liter bottle!).

Hair dryer:

Aside from the shampoo and conditioner combination, you can use a hair dryer to get much more volume on your hair that would otherwise be impossible to attain. In fact, using a hair dryer is one of the most effective ways to increase the volume of your hair as you're styling it.

You can use a hair dryer with any hairstyling product, although it works specially well with styling mousses. A great combination would be using the styling mousse I recommended above and a good hair dryer (see below for recommendation). The issue with hair dryers is that the cheap ones break fast and usually fry and damage your hair. Thus spending a little extra on a good hair dryer will get your a bigger bang for your buck, and that includes your hair thickening efforts!

A great hair dryer that you can use is THIS one here. It isn't cheap, but it uses a type of technology that not only enhances the volume of the hair but it also keeps away the frizz and damage that most other hair dryers cause. That hair dryer in particular works very well for women with long hair, and, like we've said in the forum before, if a hair product works well for a lady, it will work great for a guy! Smile

In the UK, you can get the hair dryer above from HERE. If this particular hair dryer's price is out of your budget, then have a look at our recommended hair dryers for a list of hair dryers that we recommend and that have lower prices.

I'm one of the admins of this forum. Any questions/issue? Contact me directly or any of the moderators. We welcome any feedback to improve our community.

You can also check out our forum's BEST HAIR PRODUCTS FOR MEN thread to read opinions and useful information on men's hair products.
03-14-2015, 10:00 AM
RE: Best styling products for fine hair?
Thank you so much, just purchased both the products you recommended, let's hope this changes my hair fortunes around! Big Grin
03-14-2015, 10:18 AM
You have the best hair thickening products for thin hair. Give them a good go!
Sure! Just remember that it isn't just hairstyling, it's also hair care. Treat your hair nice, learn to use a conditioner for it, don't shampoo every day and be smart about your nutrition. This is especially so if you naturally have fine hair, as improving your nutrition could theoretically lead to thicker, stronger and faster-growing hair strands.

If on top of the hair thickening products, you add a smart hair care routine as said above, then your hair volume results will improve even more. Many guys make the mistake of thinking that the product itself will work the super-amazing magic and make them have a lion's mane, when the products will simply thicken the hair for a visible change. For the head-turning changes, you have to optimize your hair care.

Let us know how everything goes. Feel free to open a thread and tell us about your experience with the products and what you thought of them. Product-wise, you have the best arsenal of products in your hands (or will have, since they'll be shipping it now). Another product which has shown anecdotal evidence of thickening hair in otherwise healthy individuals is minoxidil. This could be the next step in the future if you want to play all your cards, but this is a more-serious product, so give your to-be current hair thickening products a good go for 2 or 3 months and let us know! Smile

Twitter

--------> ATTENTION! Join our EXCLUSIVE NEWSLETTER and stay on the latest & more! <--------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Restylable, matte, water-based product for fine, medium-length hair nysharps 0 58 11-29-2016 12:08 AM
Last Post: nysharps
  Best hair styling wax for Asian men hair? Cool Hair Guy 8 24,672 11-07-2016 11:30 PM
Last Post: aliu123
  Looking for new products, requiring some advice (pics at the end) Magikarp_Approves 0 83 11-06-2016 04:05 PM
Last Post: Magikarp_Approves
  Mens Hair Products: Quick Useful 101 Guide The Hairstylist 2 313 10-26-2016 09:54 AM
Last Post: A London Barber